Babies: 3 - 6 Months

Stroller question

I'm full of questions today apparently . . .

Are you still using the carseat in the stroller (if you have this system) or are you placing LO directly in the stroller - facing forward?  Vivi is 3 months old and I'm still using the carseat but it's becoming a pain since she's getting heavier and that thing is like 10 pounds on it's own (ok, so maybe not quite 10 lbs but it's heavy!) so I'd rather start just leaving it in the car when we go places.  She holds her head up great and is already sitting in her highchair with the harness.

Re: Stroller question

• My travel system only has a three point harness in the stroller so i never used it, my son just out grew his infant seat and I had to buy a convertible so i bought a five point umbrella stroller as well. 

I'd say as long as you have a five point harness go for it 

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickersLilypie Kids Birthday tickers
  • The carseat only comes out of the car if he's sleeping or looks likely to fall asleep before we get back in the car. Otherwise he just rides in the stroller.
    imageimageBaby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • We just starred using the stroller at 12 weeks. He doesn't really care for the car seat so I tried a regular stroller and he loves it. I have a jeep stroller where the seat can be positioned back for little ones.
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • imagecaseylynw:

My travel system only has a three point harness in the stroller so i never used it, my son just out grew his infant seat and I had to buy a convertible so i bought a five point umbrella stroller as well. 

I'd say as long as you have a five point harness go for it 

ummm.... Why is this exactly? We have a City Mini that has a three point harness and we have used it confidently since day 1. LO is secure and safe. 

Amanda

Nov siggy challenge: animals eating Thanksgiving food

BabyFruit Ticker
    Rhys - born 04.17.2013
    Harry - born 04.18.2016
  • We use the stroller  - we have both an umbrella (Mclaren Triumph) and a bigger Baby Jogger that we use (not for jogging).
  • Both, depends on the situation.  I've used my stroller on its own since DS was like a month or so.
    *** DS born February 21, 2013 - Toronto, Canada  ***
    imageimage
  • alakealake member
    I never used the car seat adapter other than when traveling.  I had a uppa baby vista and put her directly into the bassinet.  It isn't healthy for a child to be sitting in the car seat all the time.  They need to be able to stretch.
  • I tried today and it went ok. She just is so tiny looking in that I got some glared from old ladies
    BabyFetus Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"