Two Under 2
Options

2 (almost) under 1 - Angel Care Monitor for both?

Hello!  I lurk here but don't post often.  I am due with my 2nd in October...just a week after my LO's 1st birthday.  We've use the Angel Care movement monitor for DS.  I am trying to decide if I should buy a 2nd Angel Care system for the newborn so they both have one... or if I should just take the one I have and use it for the newborn.

I'm just having a hard time trusting that my LO will be fine (I'm sure you know how that goes, being a paranoid first time mom).  Even with the monitor on, I will sometimes put my hand on his chest to be sure he is still breathing.  

What do you guys think?

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
image    image

Baby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: 2 (almost) under 1 - Angel Care Monitor for both?

• Options
    I wouldn't use it. I was a very paranoid FTM but I stopped using it around 8 to 9 months. He moved so much and would stand up in the crib that we were getting false alarms every night.

Just know that at a year old, the chance of something happening is tiny. Like tiny tiny.

• Options
    You know...I hadn't thought about that.  He isn't pulling himself up yet, but I can see that once he does, we would have that alarm going off all of the time. 
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    image    image

Baby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I wouldn't use it, but I never used a monitor of any type.  Guess I'm not a paranoid FTM lol, but yeah, doesn't make sense to me to have one on a toddler anymore.  JMO.
    Pregnancy Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Anniversary

• Options
    I used mine with DD1 until she moved to a toddler bed at 21 months, but if my girls were closer together I would have switched it to the new baby instead of buying a second monitor.  My girls share a room so I am still able to use it as a sound monitor for DD1.
    photo a42489fa-98a3-436b-b31b-266d7d204e5d_zpsde5f201a.jpg
    my read shelf:
    Molly's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)Follow Me on Pinterest
    Anniversary
  • Options
    No, just use it for the new infant.  

• Options
    I stopped using the Angel Care monitor with DD#1 when she was around 12 months because we were getting way to many false alarms from her moving away from the pad. I'm tempted to stop using it for my now 8 month old because she also is moving away from the sensor too much. I'm so used to false alarms now that I honestly don't go in to check on her anymore I just turn the sensor off. 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"