Cloth Diapering

Bulky Bums

This is probably a stupid question, but we just started cloth diapering. DD will be 16 weeks on Wednesday. I put the cloth diaper on her the other day and her bum is so fat she barely fits in her clothes! Then, the car seat situation was a nightmare trying to squeeze her in. I think we figured that out though, DH adjusted something...

So tell me, I'm not supposed to put her in the next size up for clothing am I?! Oh and BTW, the diapers are Dream-Eze...TIA :)

Our little angels went to Heaven very early: 1/2012, 2/2012, 3/2012. "The Lord giveth and the Lord taketh away. Blessed be the name of the Lord". BFP 7/12/12- EDD March 26,2013 BabyName Ticker

Re: Bulky Bums

• You might have to size up for clothing.  For pants, I stick to stretchy materials and that seems to do the trick.  I just bought him a pair of jean shorts, so I got a size bigger.  I haven't had a problem with onesies, but if your lo is long, you can get onesie extenders rather than sizing up.  Carters onesies tend to be longer than some other brands so I usually stick to them!
  • Yeah, I just up sized my little guys clothing, but there are times he just wears a t-shirt and his fruity colored diaper it is an insta-outfit! lol! As far as the car seat goes, boy is like a week younger than yours but he is a big baby, like 17LBS, so I already got him a new car seat. I got a Grecko snugrid connect 40 because he can use til he is 2 and it works as a carrier
  • Loading the player...
  • imageChickypoo2468:
    Slightly OT, but do you never adjust the straps when you take her out or put her in?

When I did I adjusted it to the loosest on the straps and it was still tight :/ DH just figured out how to get the bottom clip moved forward to allow more room at the bottom.

Our little angels went to Heaven very early: 1/2012, 2/2012, 3/2012. "The Lord giveth and the Lord taketh away. Blessed be the name of the Lord". BFP 7/12/12- EDD March 26,2013 BabyName Ticker
  • sometimes the next size clothing is a must with a fluffy bum.  Most of our clothes fit M without sizing up
    Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • =Lee=B=Lee=B member

We size-up clothes.  For the car seat the crotch strap is in the same position as with a disposable but we need to loosen the arm straps to allow a better fit. 

Every time we take her out of the car seat we loosen the straps so we don't have to contort her arms...then when she goes in next she slides in easy and I pull the strap by her feet and tighten to the right fit.  This is what the previous poster meant, do you typically slack the arm straps to put her in and out or do you just bend her limbs and leave it in the same setting at all times.

My daughter is taller an wider with a cloth diaper on so there would be a pretty noticeable difference in the car seat setting straps if she wore a disposable.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"