Working Moms

What are your work hours?

Some comments on my late daycare pick up post made me wonder, what are your work hours?

I work 9:45 - 6 (which is standard for my industry).  DH works 9-6 but I think he can leave at 5 if he wants (which is why he's doing the daycare pick up lol).

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Re: What are your work hours?

• aglennaglenn member
    We are flexible.  I like to work 8-5, which are core office hours and match up well with my clients' schedules, but if I am doing pickup I have to leave before 5 due to commute time.  Similarly, if I am doing dropoff I will not make it in by 8.  DH works literally right next door to our day care so he does more of the picking up and dropping off than I do, but we juggle things around depending on meeting schedules, etc.  I also work from home sometimes and that shaves off the commute time.  So, generally 8ish to 5ish, give or take here and there.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I hear you. The hours of your job are going to dictate what pick up time will actually work for you.

My job is 8:30 or 9 to 5.

DH is 8 to 5.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

\image  image

• Loading the player...
  • imageMustardseed2007:

I hear you. The hours of your job are going to dictate what pick up time will actually work for you.

Agreed...

I have a PT schedule and am generally only in the office from 8:30 - 4:30, but I have an hour commute on top of that.  I used to work 7 - 4 at my last job.

DH works roughly 8 am - whenever? 

I am always the one on evening childcare as DH has a much harder time leaving the office at a certain time and now travels for work a few days a week.

• I'm a teacher, so 8:00-3:15.

DH's hours are pretty flexible, but he usually works 9-6 in order to drop DD off at preschool at 8:30.

• 6AM-2PM Which totally sucks for any type of DC schedule which is why DH is a SAHD.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers imageimage
  • 8 am to 4 pm, Fridays I skip lunch and take an hour vacation and work 8 - 2. It's awesome.
  • 8-5.  At lot of my colleagues work more of a 9-6, but since my boss gets in around 8 most days anyway (and works 8-7) I don't think he minds so much that I generally leave super early.
    imageimageimage
  • LoCarbLoCarb member
    7a-4:15p, I take a long lunch
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Some days more, some less, but usually 8 to 4
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • ccamccam member

I work 7 to 3:30 and DH works 7 to whenever he's done for the day (construction).

Trying for #1 since May 2010   l   DX ~ Unexplained Infertility June 2011

IUI #1&2 = BFN; IUI #3 = BFP, m/c @ 6 weeks

November '11 ~ IVF#1 ~ ER 11/18 (29R, 17F) ~ 5dt of one beautiful blast on 11/23 = BFP!!

Beta #1 9dp5dt = 116, P4 = 28 ~ Beta #2 13dp5dt = 700 ~ Beta #3 20dp5dt = 9500, P4 = 26

1st u/s 12/27 - hb of 156!! EDD 8.10.12 :)   **TEAM GREEN!**

Sweet baby boy born 8.18.12

Trying for #2

FET #1 - October '13 - c/p   l   FET #2 - December '13 - cancelled :(   l   FET #2.2 - 1.30.14 - BFN

~ More testing - hysteroscopy, endometrial biopsy & more b/w - all normal / negative~

Surprise BFP while waiting on FET #3 ~ beta #1 500; beta #2 1600; first u/s 4/3 - measuring 5w5d, no hb yet!; 2nd u/s 4/10 - hb 132, measuring 6w6d - EDD 11.29.14 :)    **TEAM GREEN!**

Beautiful baby girl born 11.24.14

• We have flex hours.  I'd prefer to work earlier like 8-4, but my whole team tends to work later, so I generally work like 9-5:30.  Luckily I am close to daycare so I can pick up just before 6.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

• I work 7-4 and DH works 7ish-3:or 3:30. (He doesn't take a lunch). DH always drops off, and we swap pick up so that DH can work out a few days a week.
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers Anniversary
  • I work 8 - 430, it works out much better than the 830 - 5 the office has. DH works hmmm, leaves for work about 530 and gets home anywhere between 6 and 730. SO daycare is all on me.
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers  

• Physically in the office 9:15-5:00 M-F. But I work on the subway to and from the office (mostly emails). DH is his own boss, so his hours are super flexible, which has been awesome. We drop DS off together. DH picks him up by 5:30 and I am home by 6:00.

• shannmshannm member
    Duplicate post..
  • shannmshannm member
    Physically in the lab 9 to 4ish most days. This is because of my obscene commute time. Make up the other hours at night and weekends at home. Occasionally have wacky experimental time points that require more crazy hours like a 24 hour day in a couple if weeks. Blech.
  • My hours are 8:30-4:30 daily, however, I telecommute on Mondays and Fridays.  Its great because my commute is 90 minutes each way.  DH primarily does the pick up and drop off...but on my telecommute days I am able to do either the pick up or drop off which is nice!

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • 7:30 to 4:30, but most days I'm in at 7:10. I rarely stay late, but I will come in early or eat lunch at my desk if I need to. DH works 6:30 pm to 11:30 pm mon through wed, so I need to be home no later than 5 those days since he is home w DD during the day.
  • 7:30 to 4:30, take work home as needed to do after the kids are in bed.
    Baby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Both DH and I work 8:30-5pm Monday through Friday.

• The job/contract I had that just ended was from 9 - 4:30 and sometimes weekends as needed (I WFH) but the job I'm applying to and hoping to get is 8:30-5:30 but I hope they will be flexible about hours and let me do a short lunch or something because DS has to be picked up by 5:30 so if DH can't do it I will have to figure something out. 
  • 6:30am to 4pm (9hr wk day) with every other rotating Friday off.  I leave the house by 5:30am and pick up LO by 5pm.  We usually get home no later than 5:30pm. Hubby does the drop offs at daycare in the morning at 7:30am.
  • 8 to 5 most days, but I have e conference calls from home after 8pm with Asia many nights. Also I make a point to be home by 6 to spend time with my son even if it means I will have to be in the office by 7 next morning or work from home again at 8 after he falls asleep

BabyFruit Ticker
  • KL777KL777 member

During the summer, 16-32 hours per week 8-5 pm. During the academic year it use to be 32 hours every other week (8-5) with 40 hrs per week on alternating weeks.

Now that DS will be in kindergarten this year, it will be 36 hours per week occasionally and 40 hours per week for the majority (8-5).

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Image and video hosting by TinyPic image

• imagehocus:

We don't have official hours though it would be highly irregular to leave before 5 or to come in after 10. I am expected to work 45-50 hours a week. We're transitioning our childcare arrangements. Next month my hours will be 8:30 to 5:15 or so. I'll probably catch up at night a bit. Last year I worked 9:30 to 6:15 or so.

This is similar to my situation.  Not only would it be irregular to come in after 9, or leave before 530, people would judge and talk behind your back if you did!  I have more flexibility because I work from home, so I usually do 8-530, with no lunch break.  Some days I have to login after E goes to bed or do work over the weekend and about 1x month I have late night (8pm-9pm) meetings due to projects with Asia -Pac clients.

laying down the law on Oahu's North Shore

Pregnancy Ticker
  • 8:30-4:30 M-F.  Hopefully we can swing me working PT after the baby is born!

Anniversary

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFetus Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"