February 2013 Moms

Halloween costumes for LO

Has anyone else started brainstorming costumes for baby this year? I don't know if we will take DS trick or treating, I doubt it, but I am hoping there'll be a kid friendly party. Either way, I am excited to dress him up!

Here is my front runner costume idea:

<a href="https://www.costume-works.com/up_mr_fredrickson_kevin_and_russel.html">Costumes</a>

I like cookies.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Halloween costumes for LO

• Blah can't make clicky...

I like cookies.

• That is soooo cute!!! DH and I love Up!

We've been brainstorming as well. One idea is Pacman, Ms. Pacman and the baby as one of the ghosts. Or we might have DS be a Wall-E - type robot. He would be Ror - E (Rory) and DH and I would be Mom-E and Dad-E. I LOVE Halloween and I can't wait to dress the little guy up!

View Full Size Image    View Full Size Image

• Loading the player...
  • Mine will be a monkey.  We got it for DS1 and then we all got sick that Halloween, like all three of us puking and crying, so we never actually used it! So, DS2 can have a brand new costume.  It was tried on once by DS1 - see photo - he was less than thrilled. :)

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickersLilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • DD1 was Tigger for her first Halloween because she was obsessed with jumping!  

This year, I am leaning towards a sibling set (DD1 is pretty laid back with it all).  Maybe Little Bo Peep and a lamb or a caterpillar/butterfly.  Not sure yet! 

• Toby from Labyrinth! And maybe when she's a little older, Max from Where the Wild Things Are. Yes, my daughter is going to be dressed as a boy for most of her early Halloweens.

• So my husband never really pictured himself having kids...yet told me when I was pregnant that the few occasions he did, he pictured dressing up his baby as a bumble bee for his first Halloween. So DS will be a bumble bee, lol. It's so funny to me the different things men and women consider when having kids. Don't get me wrong, I always knew there would be fun Halloweens, but of all the day dreams I had when I pictured myself as a mother, Halloween wasn't in the top ten, haha. But what I'm most looking forward to is when he gets older and finally gets some candy and I can pilfer some in the middle of the night...Devil
  • peterepetere member
    Yes! I have it figured out for a while now! My 3 year old is going to be sulley and baby will be mike from monsters inc!!! Back up plan is minions from despicable me :
  • Right now I'm leaning towards making her the king of all the wild things. If you couldn't guess, my favorite book to read to her is Where the Wild Things Are.

Seems easy enough, needs a white kitty sleeper and a gold crown.. I could care less that he's a boy.

I may completely change my mind by then though. 

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • DH and I love bad movies. Hobgoblins is one of the worst. I'm making DD a hobgoblin (which is basically a knock-off Gremlin) costume and DH and I will dress as 2 of the characters from that movie, probably Kevin and Amy. Our part of the costumes should be easy enough.

ETA: BTW, I thought of this while pregnant. Halloween is my favorite holiday.

• I can't decide if I just want to worry about a sib set or do something as a family. We've toyed with little bo peep and a sheep or a cat and a mouse. Or Wizard of Oz characters.
  • DS wants to be a falcon so I thought DD could be a chick. I am scared though cuz the costumes I have seen for a falcon are crazy expensive and the DIY are over my head. Wish he wanted to be something easy.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • LO is going to be a strawberry.  We got the costume last Christmas as a gift. It'll be super cute!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • My SO wants the boys to be hobbits. Or Star Wars characters. I have no ideas but I would like a funny twins one or something.
  • imagemeechellebelle:
    My SO wants the boys to be hobbits. Or Star Wars characters. I have no ideas but I would like a funny twins one or something.

They could be Thing One and Thing Two!!

• My FIL is a Halloween baby, so dressing up and celebrating is huge, especially with 11 grand kids. My SIL always has amazing costumes for bee kids, so I feel the need to follow suit. With that H will be Mike Wazowski from Monsters Inc. It's my favorite movie and H has the perfect round belly for it!!
  • Current plan is for our 2 1/2 year old (almost 3 by Halloween) to be Batman (he LOVES superheros) and for the littlest to be Robin.  We found infant Robin costumes, and we thought it would be cute.

This is of course if he's still cool with being Batman by Halloween time.

• imagemeechellebelle:
    My SO wants the boys to be hobbits. Or Star Wars characters. I have no ideas but I would like a funny twins one or something.

Ewoks would be precious. 

Pregnancy Ticker
  • MBush4MBush4 member
    We were toying with a few Up ideas since it's one of our favorites. But now we're going between Nacho Libre themed (our other favorite) or having DS as James Bond, me as a Bond girl, and DH as the original M.

Daisypath - (2EEx)

Lilypie - (CszI)

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"