February 2013 Moms

Baby food

Is it true that the only difference b/n baby food stages is the size of the bottle? Is there no difference in consistency? We only use Earths Best and the grocery store and Target only sell stage 2 so I've been driving 45 minutes to Whole Foods to get stage 1. All the while another mom tells me at Target yesterday there is no difference. I do love me some Whole Foods so I secretly don't mind the drive but wanted to see if that is true??

Re: Baby food

• In my experience there is a difference in the consistency, usually it's thicker and some have chunks. I haven't used any this time around yet, but that was how the food was with DS1 four years ago.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Stage 2 "should be" thicker with some random chunks. Stage 1 is thin and all pureed
    Me 33, DH 33, Charlotte 5, Ethan 3
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Stage 1 is very watery and the Stage 2 is thicker and if you read the packaging sometimes it says it includes a mixture of foods or can have chunks in it
  • I also read some where that you need to be careful what fruits and veggies you start with.  I was going to make DD some carrots, but then read you should wait until 6 months for that.  Not sure why. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"