February 2013 Moms

Golf I hate you!

I hate golf and the effect it has on men. My SO golfs every Thursday april to sept which is fine because I told him he could. It sucks on his long work weeks because he only has wed and Thursdays off on those weeks and of course spends Thursday golfing. But again, I told him he could so its ok.
BUT my frustration is this. Next Tuesday is our first night away from the boys. We have a hotel in Boston and we are going to the Paul McCartney concert! I am so excited but more for the night of sleep! And I wanted to sleep in and have breakfast in bed and check out at 10. Today he informs me that he signed up for a golf tournament with his dad and its at 830 am the next day! We have to leave Boston at 7am for him to get there. I am so upset!! And he knows it.
Also this week we are heading to NH for the holiday. And he is spending Friday golfing with his dad and brothers while I stay with babies. Don't I get a break while on vacation? Can't the guys stay with the babies while I get out? Ugh.
I hate golf. That is all.

Re: Golf I hate you!

• You need to get your time too.  DH plays tennis twice a week (practice and competitive league play).  In return, I get time away as well.  I tend to stay home and sew, but that is my hobby.  Explain to him your need and get some time away on Wed.  Also ask him to schedule the earliest tee time from now on so he is home after lunch (I come from a golfing family).  No need for golf to consume an entire day!
  • I just had the "I hate golf" conversation with my husband this morning!!
  • Loading the player...
  • imageJustinlove:
    You need to get your time too. nbsp;DH plays tennis twice a week practice and competitive league play. nbsp;In return, I get time away as well. nbsp;I tend to stay home and sew, but that is my hobby. nbsp;Explain to him your need and get some time away on Wed. nbsp;Also ask him to schedule the earliest tee time from now on so he is home after lunch I come from a golfing family. nbsp;No need for golf to consume an entire day!

The golf while on vaca will take all day because I'm sure they will go for drinks as well. But I did ask to go out after his golf tourney next wed and he said of course and that I never have to ask. I know I'm welcome to go out anytime I just feel guilty I guess? I'm just more upset that our night away is shortened but honestly it's not a big deal.
    I still hate golf though lol
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"