Toddlers: 24 Months+

nap question...

cross post:  Do you have to wake your kid up from naps or do you let him/her wake on his own? 

I wake mine up after 2 hours, but I realize that might be unusual.  He's 22 months, if that matters, and sleeps 8pm till 6ish in the morning and then again 1 to 3.  Is that standard?

TTCAL Siggy Challenge: "He's my favorite.  His birthday is the same as mine almost"

image image

Missing my little one lost at 9 weeks on 2.24.13. brokenhearted but not broken... 

d&c 5/21/13... Still Healing, Still Standing... 

MMC discovered 10/2/2013, TWINS... d&c 10/7/2013.  I still miss you, little ones. 

Surgery December 2013 to remove a 10+cm fibroid... Open myomectomy. Benched for 3-9 months... 
Will TTC summer Summer 2014 we hope!

Dear God, Since I couldn't hold my little one in my lap and tell him about you, could you hold him in your lap and tell him about me? 

PgAL and PAL always welcome...

Re: nap question...

• DS1 is 34 months, sleeps 8pm to 7am, and goes down for a nap at 1pm. He mostly wakes himself at 3 or 4pm. Once in a while he'll sleep past 5, usually because he played for an hour before falling asleep, and I'll wake him up before 5:30 because otherwise he has a hard time going to bed at 8. He's always been a big sleeper though.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • imagetracy41:
    DS1 is 34 months, sleeps 8pm to 7am, and goes down for a nap at 1pm. He mostly wakes himself at 3 or 4pm. Once in a while he'll sleep past 5, usually because he played for an hour before falling asleep, and I'll wake him up before 5:30 because otherwise he has a hard time going to bed at 8. He's always been a big sleeper though.

We are about the same.  Bedtime is around 8 and we wake around 7-7:30 in the morning but he'll sleep past 8 if we let him.  Nap is around 1:00.  At school he'll nap until about 3-3:30.  At home he'll nap 3-4 hours regardless of what time he goes down.

He's always needed and loved his sleep.

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Damn I must be missing out.  My DS goes to bed about 8 pm, wakes between 530 and 6 am, naps from around 1-3, if I am lucky.  Some says it's about an hour nap.  If I am lucky it's 2 hours. My kid doesn't like sleeping though.  I am so envious of moms whos kids love to sleep. haha.
  • I've always let DD wake herself. Sometimes she naps 90 minutes, sometimes it's over 3 hours. 
    DD1 4.14.10
    DD2 8.22.13
    MMC 1.4.17 at 16w
    Expecting #3, EDD 1.29.18

Pregnancy Ticker
  • If we have somewhere to go, I wake him... otherwise I let him sleep up to 3 hours.
  • DS1 sleeps from 1 to 3.  I wake him at 3, if he is still asleep which is usually the case.  He won't go to sleep at bedtime if I let him sleep beyond 3.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Lilypie - (A6Jy)

• DD sleeps 7 to 6, but doesn't nap. Around 22 mos, I had to physically hold her down, usually by massaging her or snuggling her, so that she would stay still long enough to fall asleep. I stopped at 2 years, since DS was on his way. She hasn't napped since. Boo. However, when she was still napping, she could wake up rather close to bedtime, say 5:30, and she'd still go down at 7.
  • I don't think 2 hours is too long unless you've noticed a problem with it.  I wake both of mine up if they make it to 3 hours (rarely happens).  

My 29 month old sleeps 7:30-6:30am then naps 12-2 (sometimes less).  My 9 month old sleeps 7-6am and naps twice a day anywhere from 30 minutes to 3 hours each.

Peanut 1.23.11 ~ Bean 9.06.12 ~ Little Boy 9.24.14
  • It depends when she falls asleep; how late she stayed up the night before, etc. Summer we have been more lenient about napping unless we have to be somewhere at a certain time because I am off, so if she stays up a little later I don't mind.

I did wake her up after a 3.5 hour nap on Saturday though. 

My daughter is my hero.
  • The only time I wake DS from a nap is if it is past 4pm because then he would have a hard time going to bed at 8:00- 8:30.
  • I will only wake if DS1 takes a late nap and he is still sleeping when the clock hits 6pm. We start his bedtime routine quarter to 8 and he's usually down by 8:30p, so I don't let him sleep past 6pm so he can still eat dinner, have playtime before actual bedtime.

BFP 5/21/10, Missed m/c 7/5/10 at 11w3d (baby measured 7wks), D&C 7/7/10

Aug/Sept 2010 - CD3&10 b/w & u/s, genetic testing, SA, HSG, & Lap/Hyst to remove septum

12/09/10 BFP -- 7/05/11 DS born at 33w5d. Came home after 23d in NICU at 37w0d

June 2012 - TTC #2! -- 10/05/12 BFP --  5/23/13 DS2 born at 37w1d! Yay full term!

Surprise BFP 6/25/14 LO#3 due Feb2015!

imageimage
  • DS goes to bed at 7 and wakes up at 6:30.  He naps 1-3 hours.  I have never woken either of my kids up from a nap unless there was an important appointment we would miss which is very rare. 

Kids age 1-3 need between 12-14 hours of sleep a day. 

• DS is 2 1/2 and just started to take a longer nap again.  He wakes between 6/7 and goes down at 12...I will wake him at 2 1/4ish hours for his 7:30 bedtime.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"