October 2013 Moms

STMs who had a c/s

I had a c/s with DD. she was born in July & it was super hot out for like2 months after her birth so I lived in sundresses. With my incision that was the most comfortable till I healed & could deal with pants rubbing on my stomach. 

Sundresses in Oct are not really an option so I'm winder what kinds of clothes to have on hand for after delivery? Suggestions!?  

Re: STMs who had a c/s

• Just wondering- why are you getting a repeat c/s? Is there a medical reason for another c/s? Could you try to do a Vbac? 

https://www.ican-online.org/vbac/home <-- this site can help you have a Vbac if you want. 

Bison (FCS) beats Big 12 Champs Kansas St (24-21)!!!
    imageimage

• imagelbethke99:

Just wondering- why are you getting a repeat c/s? Is there a medical reason for another c/s? Could you try to do a Vbac? 

A vbac is not a good option for me. Something I'd rather not go into on here but my doctors and I have made an informed decision.

• Loading the player...
  • I had a c section last time and in the beginning when I didn't leave my house I just wore loose pajama pants. When I started going out I just wore jeans that were a little big or leggings. As long as I wore my binder I was ok because the pants were on top of it and not directly rubbing on the incision.
  • Eye roll at the VBAC assumption...

Anyway I'm in FL so sundresses are still an option for me in October but I didn't have any issues wearing loose yoga pants with my incisions during my previous 2 c/s. in the beginning I had a bandage and the light pressure of the waist band was comfortable. 

My 2 girls, both born on a Friday the 13th, are exactly 2 years, 2 months, 2 hours and 2 minutes apart! And Baby Boy joined us October 11, 2013! image
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • imageJune2007:

Eye roll at the VBAC assumption... 

I was just asking, no need for the eye roll. augh

A lot of women don't know about it or don't look into it because many Dr's don't say anything to them about it or they just say they "can't" have one. I am not against c/s, but I feel that they are way over done. 

Bison (FCS) beats Big 12 Champs Kansas St (24-21)!!!
    imageimage

• I wore yoga pants and maternity pants. It was June, but I'm not a dress person.Last time my wound weeped icky stuff forever, so I kept a Gerber cloth diaper folded down the front if my pants. It kept my pants dry and provided the incision some protection.
    imageimage
    Matilda 6/19/09
    Graham 10/25/13
  • No need for an eye roll when ACOG actually suggests a TOLAC I think questioning is okay.

As for OP, I had my c/s in October and wore yoga pants for a few weeks until I was comfortable enough in jeans. Leggings are also a great option if you need something more dressy!

• imagelbethke99:
    imageJune2007:

A lot of women don't know about it or don't look into it because many Dr's don't say anything to them about it or they just say they "can't" have one. I am not against c/s, but I feel that they are way over done. 

Sorry but as someone who has had 2 c/s I'm pretty sure the majority of women who have them don't take it lightly. I understand sharing the link but your post wording seriously made me roll my eyes. You might understand if you had little wiggle room in your medical decisions and were doing what you and your trusted medical professional thought was best but continually were asked "why aren't you doing a VBAC?" It gets old fast when you just don't feel like going into your entire c/s saga with every. Single. Person. 

My 2 girls, both born on a Friday the 13th, are exactly 2 years, 2 months, 2 hours and 2 minutes apart! And Baby Boy joined us October 11, 2013! image
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • I wore maternity clothes for a while after I had my dd so my cs incision didn't bug me too much.. Probably do the same thing this time around whether I have a cs or not. It took a while to fit into my regular clothes.
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • You can get some distance out of maxi dresses - throw on a cardi or denim jacket with boots.
  • I had my csection with DD in Feb when it was super cold. I lived in yoga/exercise pants (pulled up over my stomach) and long sleeves with a nursing bra/tank underneath when I went out of the house. At home, I mostly just sat around in panties and a nursing tank/bra since I was alone with DD.

I'll be having a c/s this time as well (not a good candidate for VBAC either), and I'll be glad to live in dresses after since it's still warm here until late November/ early December.

imageLilypie - (jv05)
    imageimage
    imageimage
  • imagelbethke99:

Just wondering- why are you getting a repeat c/s? Is there a medical reason for another c/s? Could you try to do a Vbac? 

https://www.ican-online.org/vbac/home <-- this site can help you have a Vbac if you want. 

i think her question was about pants and dresses not a vac.  

For my fall c/s I wore sweat pants but looked for some that came up higher so they won't sit in the scar.  I gt a bunch if zip up sweat and matching pants from on   I plan to do the same for this c/s.   for my 2nd c/s I just bought loose shorts that came up higher with an elastic band. Not sexy, but those first few weeks aren't anyway!!!

• imageJune2007:
    imagelbethke99:
    imageJune2007:

Sorry but as someone who has had 2 c/s I'm pretty sure the majority of women who have them don't take it lightly. I understand sharing the link but your post wording seriously made me roll my eyes. You might understand if you had little wiggle room in your medical decisions and were doing what you and your trusted medical professional thought was best but continually were asked "why aren't you doing a VBAC?" It gets old fast when you just don't feel like going into your entire c/s saga with every. Single. Person. 

Thumbs up.

OP, I wore yoga pants with a high waist and dresses with cardigans.  I had. Very easy recovery so I was able to get back in regular clothes pretty quick.   

• I lived in yoga pants!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • imageJune2007:
    imagelbethke99:
    imageJune2007:

I'm still eye rolling.  She's pretty much assuming that any woman that has more than one c/s is too dumb to find out whether or not it's necessary.  I'm having a repeat 'CAUSE I WANT TO!  Well, really because I don't have another option...but if I did, I STILL WOULD.  And, yes, yoga pants or dresses with cardis or maternity jeans.  I remember it being a while before jeans felt comfortable again.

IAmPregnant Ticker
  • I had a CS with my first, I'm hoping/planning for this one to be a VBAC but last time (in January) I wore PJ pants, yoga pants, or sweat pants for the first few weeks.  Since I wasn't allowed to drive I wasn't going anywhere anyway.  I don't recall what I wore if I went out to dinner or something, I think maybe I wore my under-belly maternity jeans.  I had ZERO incision pain though, I didn't have external stitches or staples, just glue.  The skin right around the incision was totally numb for awhile but I had no pain and no issues with healing.  My OB is a phenomenal surgeon and I really had a very easy recovery all things considered. 
    My big boy is bounding towards 4! Baby brother coming in October!
    Hipster dog is not impressed.
  • I wore dresses with cardigans and furry boots or tights and flats. Mine was in December
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • I just wore nightgowns at home and yoga pants when I needed to. I also wore my maternity jeans as they didn't seem to rub as much. High waisted granny panties with a pad inside where my incision was turned out to be magic.
    Lilypie First Birthday tickersLilypie Third Birthday tickers
      Francesca Pearl is here!             Josephine Hope is almost 3!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"