May 2013 Moms

To bump or not to bump???!!!

FTM here who will be transitioning son to crib in a few weeks, are you using bumpers or not? What's protocol?

Re: To bump or not to bump???!!!

• No, we are not.
  • We bought breathable bumpers, but may not even use those. Still not sure, but definitely will not use traditional bumpers.
    CafeMom TickersCafeMom Tickers CafeMom Tickers
    O14 January Signature Challenge: Snow Fails
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Loading the player...
  • We had breathable bumpers on LO's crib. They come in handy once LOs start rolling/moving and random limbs can get stuck between the slats lol
  • Breathable bumpers once he needs them. Never traditional bumpers, they're banned here in Maryland.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • No bumpers. The air circulation is better without them.

Pregnancy Ticker
  • No bumpers, unless they're breathable it's a suffocation risk.

• No bumpers. 
  • As cute as they are, no bumpers : I think they may be illegal here?? I remember reading something about it...but I don't remember exactly what it was...
  • No bumpers here. Major suffocation risk and if you have a crib up to safetely standards, babies are not going to stick their heads through the small slats, and I don't think arms and legs are a huge deal. So, they may be cute, but too dangerous for us!

My little bug, Madeline. Born June 2, 2013.

• delinodelino member
    Breathable bumpers once she is out of the swaddle and starts to roll.
    3 ectopic pregnancies (EDD's 1/30/12-tube removed, 6/2/12-methotrexate and 10/2/12-methotrexate)
    IVF and Natural FET resulted in BFN's and a hole in our wallets
    Natural BFP #4 on 9/7/12 gave us our miracle on 5/18/13
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • No.

It isn't recommended anymore and it is actually illegal to sell them in a couple places. 

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickersAlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • It's recommended that you don't have bumpers. However, we have bumpers on ours. I would do what you think is best. 
    Siggy Challenge- Valentines Day FAIL Image and video hosting by TinyPic Anniversary BabyFetus Ticker
  • wjvwjv member
    No bumpers.  You always hear about how dangerous they are.  With my first on we didn't even need the breathable one.  It was just never an issue.  Also, think they would be a PITA with how much I changed my son's crib when he was a baby. 
    Anniversary Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I used them with DD when she transitioned to her own crib after cosleeping with us for almost a year. I was obviously confident because she was standing and sitting up on her own. DSs crib has them on but again he's cosleeping with us and then he will be in his crib when he's older and its less of an issue.

I don't think Id have them on if he were younger and in there alone.

photo b6d12d4a-3c41-4686-a0af-8cf854f979e4_zpsffdadc4c.jpg Pregnancy Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • No, we are not!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    BabyFruit Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"