Baby Showers
Options

when?

When do you usually want to have a baby shower? I'm due at the end of October...my host says its totally up to me when I want to have it.

Re: when?

• Options
    A lot of us in the October group have been planning late August/early September depending on due dates. I think the right answer is usually a few weeks before your due date so your not too uncomfortable and you have time to finish getting ready for the baby. That being said, some of us are bending the rules a bit and having some early for family that live out of town. My MIL is throwing one for me next week while some of their cousins are in town from AZ.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Tickerimage

• Options
    I was 30 weeks at my shower. Looking back, I think it was the perfect time. I looked pregnant, but I wasn't swollen or achy. I was in sky high heels and felt great. It was somewhere between week 34 and 36 that I got uncomfortable and started looking puffy.
    image">

image"">
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I was 28 weeks at the shower DH's family threw for us, and 37 weeks at the shower my sisters threw for my side of the family. I would have preferred somewhere between 30 to 34 weeks for both, but those were the only dates that worked for the hostesses.

Pretty much anytime in third trimester is appropriate, it all comes down to your and your hostesses' availability.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    30-36 weeks would be ideal time.  You'll be in the full glow of pregnancy and it will be a great time to put the nursery and baby gear together with enough time to spare to take care of the details and to purchase anything you will still need after your shower(s).
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    My shower was yesterday, and I will be 33 weeks tomorrow. It was a good time, because I am big but not swollen, and I was still very comfortable. 
  • Options
    I had one at 30 weeks (it was 3 hours away so I didn't want it to be too late in the game.) Also, I'm having another one for in town friends this weekend, when I'll be 33 weeks. I am showing, but am not *completely* uncomfortable yet. I was told that it's best to have them a month before your due date, but I think it's really just up to you!
    A'13 June Siggy Contest- TV Dads
  • Options
    Somewhere in the 30 to 34 week stretch makes sense.  Earlier is okay if you have to travel or coordinate a lot of out of town relatives.
    High School English teacher and mom of 2 kids:

DD, born 9/06/00 -- 12th grade
    DS, born 8/25/04 -- 7th grade
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"