February 2013 Moms

Cradle cap

DS had some cradle cap. Any tips on getting rid of it? He's got tons of hair and I just noticed it. Not sure how long he's had it.

TIA.
"Sweat is my sanity". Sarah Palin "Charm is deceptive and beauty is fleeting, but a woman who fears the Lord is to be praised". Proverbs 31:30 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Cradle cap

• I would rub a dab of extra virgin olive oil in his hair and leave it in til the end of his bath then wash it out last. Then in little circular motions comb it out with a fine toothed baby comb. Works like a charm. HTH and GL. 

imageimage

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Anniversary

• imagemay10587hotmail.com:
    I would rub a dab of extra virgin olive oil in his hair and leave it in til the end of his bath then wash it out last. Then in little circular motions comb it out with a fine toothed baby comb. Works like a charm. HTH and GL.nbsp;

This. Though I combed with oil still in hair then rinse and wash with shampoo.
  • Loading the player...
  • imagemeechellebelle:
    imagemay10587hotmail.com:
    I would rub a dab of extra virgin olive oil in his hair and leave it in til the end of his bath then wash it out last. Then in little circular motions comb it out with a fine toothed baby comb. Works like a charm. HTH and GL.nbsp;

This. Though I combed with oil still in hair then rinse and wash with shampoo.

this is what we do too. It works great!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • imageTeacher Clark:
    Daily washing. It sounds counterintuitive, but it is a recommended course of treatment and it works wonders. Also, use a comb to knock it loose.

Yes..daily washing and rub it with a soft washcloth or brush while your are washing his scalp.  Also, when you are done, put a little breastmilk on it.  Seriously.  Cleared ours up very fast! 

• Great thanks for the tips, ladies!
    "Sweat is my sanity". Sarah Palin "Charm is deceptive and beauty is fleeting, but a woman who fears the Lord is to be praised". Proverbs 31:30 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Coconut oil and a soft tooth brush is the only thing that worked for us.  I wet his hair, rub the oil in and let it sit while I wash the rest of him.  Then I use a little Aveeno shampoo on top of the oil.  Use the tooth brush to scrub his head and rinse.  Took about two weeks of washing daily with the coconut oil but its gone now!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"