Toddlers: 24 Months+

Extremely sweaty & red faced toddler...

Hi all! My DD has always been hot natured it seems like, but now w/ it being summer if we are outside for longer than a half hour her hair is soaked and her face is super red! I make sure drinks plenty of water and she seems to feel fine, but it scares me a little sometimes. She's very active, if we are at the park she doesn't slow down, but she sweats so much! I worry about heat exhaustion, etc - anyone else's LO this way??
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Extremely sweaty & red faced toddler...

• yes that describes my dd and I just make sure she drinks a lot of liquid when it's really hot out I give her sugar free Gatorade on top of water
  • Yep.  Mine turns almost purple and I do too.  I just figured it was a blond headed thing since we are all light skinned/blond haired people. ??  As long as I have coated him in sunblock and provided sufficient water, I don't worry too much. 

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickersLilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • DS gets like this too - just keep her hydrated and make her take breaks and all should be fine!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • DS1 gets like this too, as do I.  I've gotten comments at the gym my whole life asking me if I'm okay when I'm working out.  Lol.

I'm sure she's fine.  I'd just make sure she has easy access to lots of water.

Lilypie - (A6Jy)

• imagepitterpatter129:
    Yep.nbsp; Mine turns almost purple and I do too.nbsp; I just figured it was a blond headed thing since we are all light skinned/blond haired people. ??nbsp; As long as I have coated him in sunblock and provided sufficient water, I don't worry too much.nbsp; nbsp;

Mine too.
  • DD is like this too! She gets it from DH. I have termed it the "sweat gene". Ha!!

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Thanks ladies! Guess I won't let it freak me out too much. She is fair too, blonde hair, blue eyes. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"