February 2013 Moms

LO sttn but now wakes at 2:30 am & dr says...

that we should let her cry it out for as long as we can take such as 5-15 min.  My thought is that she sttn for at least a month but maybe now b/c she's bigger she's needing that extra bottle at night?  She's not a great drinker during the day, she's really weird & fussy on the bottle (tho we've tried everything).  So I'm thinking that once she's on more solids she'll sttn again.  But maybe i should trust the dr?  What do you think/experience?

Re: LO sttn but now wakes at 2:30 am & dr says...

• This is only my opinion, but I don't think it is unreasonable for a 4 month old to still wake to eat during the night.  I'd try to sooth in other ways first (paci, gentle pats, etc), but if she is hungry, feed her.  My DD still wakes around 2:30/3:00 to eat.
  • Sounds like the 4 month wakeful. Most CIO advocates suggest waiting until at least 6 months to sleep train.

I don't plan to sleep train DS, but if I change my mind, it'll be after that 6 month mark. 

ETA: I only trust my doctor for medical advice, and don't look to her for parenting advice. They didn't go to parenting school, after all Wink 

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • justinlove-That's what I think too.  Ok, so I'm not crazy.

runaway-i don't think i will have to CIO or sleep train her b/c i did that with my son at 4 months & it worked, so this time i did everything right from day one & don't think i'll have that problem, but you never know.

• Has anything changed?  DD sttn when she was going to bed between 9 and 10pm, but started waking for a night feed again when she moved her bedtime up to 6pm.

Go with your gut...if you're not comfortable with CIO don't do it.  If you decide to wait it out until you start solids and it doesn't fix itself, then research some CIO alternatives and go with what fits your parenting style. 

• imageJustinlove:
    This is only my opinion, but I don't think it is unreasonable for a 4 month old to still wake to eat during the night.  I'd try to sooth in other ways first (paci, gentle pats, etc), but if she is hungry, feed her.  My DD still wakes around 2:30/3:00 to eat.

I agree with this. If DD wakes before her normal eating time, I will try other soothing techniques first and they almost always work. If she's truly hungry, nothing besides feeding her will work. 

PCOS with long, irregular cycles
    First round of Clomid in May 2012= BFP #1, DD born January 2013 
    BFP #2 in January 2014, DS born September 2014

View Full Size Image     View Full Size Image   

• It's not unreasonable for a 4 month old to need to eat overnight. If she wakes up, eats and goes back down easily I would just feed her. I know that if I woke up hungry I'd have a hard time falling back asleep without eating something, so why would a baby be any different?
    imageimageBaby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • imageRunaway22:

Sounds like the 4 month wakeful. Most CIO advocates suggest waiting until at least 6 months to sleep train.

I don't plan to sleep train DS, but if I change my mind, it'll be after that 6 month mark. 

ETA: I only trust my doctor for medical advice, and don't look to her for parenting advice. They didn't go to parenting school, after all Wink 

what is the 4 month old wakeful? 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"