March 2014 Moms

Meaning of siggy name

Anytime VineyardMel posts, I am calm.  I think it's her name.  So it got me thinking...what is the significance of your siggy name (if any)?  If you could change it (without getting dinged the amount of posts you've made), what would you change it to?

My siggy name is carrieandtim - for obvious reasons.  My name is Carrie and my husband's name is Tim.  Creative, huh?

I would change my name to **Blessed531** since on May 31, I became blessed to marry my best friend. 

Married my best friend ~ May 31, 2008
Adopted our furbaby Kona ~ January 17, 2010
Trying to grow our family ~ June 2010

1st BFP 7.6.10 ~ EDD 3.15.11 ~ mmc 8.6.10 ~ d&c 8.11.10
2nd BFP 11.4.10 ~ EDD 7.15.11 ~ HB 6w3d ~ No HB 7w ~ mmc 12.8.10 ~ d&c 12.9.10
3rd BFP 7.12.11 ~ EDD 3.22.12 ~ HB 6w5d 124 bpm ~ Team Green ~ 
SHE STUCK!
4th BFP 6.20.13 ~ EDD 3.1.14 ~ HB 7w5d 153 bpm ~ A/S revealed due date possibly 2.23
*~*~*~*EXPECT MIRACLES*~*~*~*
Praying for peace in God's ultimate plan ~ "Be still and know that I am God." -Psalm 46:10

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Re: Meaning of siggy name

• I'm in law school, and I'm a redhead. And I like Legally Blonde, so that's what I came up with. Obviously I am not a creative person, haha.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • I got mine from the national saying in Costa Rica: pura vida.  I like their way of accepting and loving life as it comes to them.  21 is just my favorite number.  I've used the same "name" since I was a teenager, so I should probably consider changing it at some point, but I don't have much of an idea what I'd change it to, haha!
  • Loading the player...
  • My last name is stone and we got married in 2011. Our first names are Carrie and Tim 2 LOL. Nothing creative here
  • I just randomly chose mine. I was on the boards in 2010 but wanted a new name this time around.
    Pregnancy Tickerimage
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • My family is Ukrainian but speak Russian so Marisha has always been what they call me. 1021 is my birthday.
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • I really like Lima beans. And limabeans and butterbeans were already taken. sigh

I have changed mine a bunch of times, so obviously I dont worry about the post count. I can never think of anything good.
  • I was born and raised in Virginia, so that's where the "va" part comes from. I thought "darling" sounded like a cutesy addition to finish out the name.

Nothing too fancy. I guess I'm also among the not-very-creative types Smile.

imageBabyFruit Ticker .
     . . Image and video hosting by TinyPic  image
  • My isnt creative at all either I used to have another sn but it was quite a few years back and I couldn't remember the password so I just created a new account. But our last name is Parrish and we're currently a family of 5. :
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Nickie - my name... and Chan is a Japanese honorific title. I'm huge in the Japanese culture and even visited in college for a semester. My host mother called me Nickie-chan... I just kept with it...  

Chan (????) is a diminutive suffix; it expresses that the speaker finds a person endearing. In general, chan is used for babies, young children, grandparents and teenagers. It may also be used towards cute animals, lovers, close friends, any youthful woman, or between friends. Using chan with a superior's name is considered to be condescending and rude.

Although traditionally honorifics are not applied to oneself, some young women adopt the childish affectation of referring to themselves in the third person using chan (childish because it suggests that one has not learned to distinguish between names used for self and names used by others). For example, a young woman named Kanako might call herself Kanako-chan rather than using a first person pronoun. Also, the very common female name suffix -ko (??) may be dropped, as in Kana-chan. 

Nickie
    Proud Cloth Diapering, Babywearing Mommy to Desmond (5.30.2011) and Evangeline (2.26.2014)
    Loving wife, best friend and teammate to Babywearing Daddy, Kelly (7.27.2000)

Volunteer Babywearing Educator at Babywearing International of South Central Pennsylvania 

• Mine is fairly obvious, MrsJ is my married name abbreviation and 0423 is our anniversary date.
  • I'm a vegetarian and my husband always calls me a hippie. So hippiechick was thought of and 21 is my date of birth.
  • My maiden name is Ukranian with tons of extra letters. Most people would just call me zap, and my water polo number in high school was 4 so yea not too creative either. 
    align="center">

BFP #1 9/6/2009 EDD 5/29/10. Missy Moo born 5/12/10 after 3 months of bedrest due to PTL, IC and a bicornuate ute causing IUGR
    BFP # 2 1/28/12 EDD 10/6/12 No heartbeat seen @ 10 weeks, Autumn
    BFP #3 8/18/12 EDD 5/2/13 No heartbeat seen at 7w3d, Mae
    BFP #4 01/31/2013 EDD 10/15/2013 No HB seen in our little girl at 10w2d due to trisomy 12, Abigail
    BFP #5 6/27/2013 EDD 3/10/2014 diagnosed with protein S deficiency heparin twice a day. Luke's HB stopped at 8wks
    BFP#6 12/22/2013 EDD 9/4/2014 No HB seen at 7w2d, Leia

BFP #7- 5/12/14 EDD 01/2015, ruptured ectopic 5/31/14

• One of my dogs is named Kale, and DH and I call him some variation of Kale Monster all the time.  I used to post back when I was on TK back in 2008-2009, and then on TN for a couple of years on my local board before it died out. 

My screen name used to be a combo of my name, DH's name and our wedding date, but once I got my BFP and decided to join TB, I wanted a less telling name!  Hence, the change to KaleMonster.  It's a shame that I had to loose my number of posts, but I much prefer my new name :)

BFP#1 6/27/13  EDD 3/5/14  MC 7/16/13
    BFP#2 11/25/13  EDD 8/4/14

It's a BOY!

Baby Blog

BabyFetus Ticker

• jjt616jjt616 member
    Jjt are my initials and 616 is my birthdate. So not creative. I can't even think of what to change it to if I could. Maybe something with peanut in it as DH and I call dd it?

• imagejjt616:
    Jjt are my initials and 616 is my birthdate. So not creative. I can't even think of what to change it to if I could. Maybe something with peanut in it as DH and I call dd it?

That's my birthday too...good day to born haha
    Married 11/23/11, TTC starting 10/12, BFP#1 11/30/12, Adoption of stepson finalized 03/19/13,Loss of our daughter at 20w4d due to incompetent cervix 03/27/13, BFP#2 06/28/13, DS2 born 3/1/14.

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers 
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • My name is Erica and we had family friends with a son who is my age and when we were really little he couldn't say Erica and called me Erky. And then I was apparently a really happy and perky child so Perky got added to Erky and I was PerkyErky. Some close family friends and my mom still call me Perky.

I tend to use it for my screen name for lots of things and I wouldn't change it.
    Married 11/23/11, TTC starting 10/12, BFP#1 11/30/12, Adoption of stepson finalized 03/19/13,Loss of our daughter at 20w4d due to incompetent cervix 03/27/13, BFP#2 06/28/13, DS2 born 3/1/14.

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers 
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • I have a husky and our wedding date is 9-4. I wouldn't change my name, I've already changed it once--it used to be my first initial and maiden last name.

BabyFetus Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"