Babies: 0 - 3 Months

Diaper & Formula donation

I have some formula (never opened) and diapers that DS is too big for that I want to donate.  I know that places exist, but I am not having much luck finding where I can drop off these items.  I really want to donate them so that someone that really needs them can make good use of them.

Can someone help me out on where to look?  I live in the NW suburbs of Chicago if someone is familiar with that area.  Also, do the diapers have to be in a sealed package? 

TIA!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Diaper & Formula donation

• I live in NC and I just googled "donate formula" and my city and a bunch of places came up.
    Amanda

Nov siggy challenge: animals eating Thanksgiving food

BabyFruit Ticker
    Rhys - born 04.17.2013
    Harry - born 04.18.2016
  • Can you maybe donate them to the local hospital? Maybe the NICU or PICU can use them

ETA: hello neighbor! I'm in the western suburbs of Chicago 

~Erin~ 
    proud pagan 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Loading the player...
  • imageaesthyerin:
    Can you maybe donate them to the local hospital? Maybe the NICU or PICU can use themnbsp;ETA: hello neighbor! I'm in the western suburbs of Chicagonbsp;

I can almost guarantee the nicu won't take either. They have to throw out everything between babies, including unused diapers and formula. Sealed or not. The fear of infection is too high.

Try a food bank.

TTC since May 2006. After 3 failed Clomid cycles, 2 failed Injectibles/IUIs, 2 failed IVFs and 1 failed FET, we moved on to adoption! 

Last ditch FET resulted in BFP, and identical twin girls!

• Maybe try looking up women's shelters in the area?

• Google "Women's Resource Center" in your area.  It's a Christian based organization that allows women to take video classes to earn points towards anything they would need for baby minus a car seat.  Many churches and private donations go into the organization.  For instance, for every 20 minutes of an educational video they earn one point and most videos are an hour earning them 3 points and one pack of diapers is only 1 point and includes baby wipes.  I have 3 cans of sample formula and a couple packs of new born diapers my little one never fit in that I plan to donate. 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"