TTC After a Loss

A LOT of questions... all at once.

I know sometimes it's frowned upon to start a random thread for a random question, or something AHish... SOOOO... I waited till I had a TON of questions, and here they are all at once...

1) How often do you have sex during what SHOULD be your fertile window?  I don't temp or chart (yes, I'm lazy and I know that NOT charting is practically a sin, especially on the TTC board, but I confess)... I'm debating between every day and every other.  I'm FINALLY cleared to TTC and I'm trying every day for now.  :)

2) What else are you all doing to "up" your chances?  I drink green tea daily, but that's because I like it.  I was thinking of trying the pomegranate juice thing but I don't really know what to do/when to drink it.  I'm only doing it because I know it's healthy, anyway.  What else are you trying? 

3) Anyone have fibroids?  Have they caused issues?  I just had another ultrasound yesterday and I'm still waiting to hear from the doctor.  I hope they're shrinking but who knows? 

4) Who are my fellow teachers?  I teach high school and LOVE it.  I had my last day this week and I'm SO GLAD to be off for the summer... I don't even really know what to do with myself.  :) 

5) I see a LOT of us are doing advanced degrees (going back to school as adults, etc.).  It's TOUGH!  I'm doing a doctorate (just started, actually) and it's a ton of work but I love it.  What are you all studying?  How do you balance a full time job AND school?  I have to say "no" a lot, myself.  NO to lunch dates during work hours or gossip time in the lounge or crossword puzzles, etc.  Totally worth it in the end, I hope. 

6) Who is here from Mass/Boston/NH?  We need to stage a GTG.  I suggest Andover as a good "easy parking" spot.  I'm going to throw July 14-20 out there as a possible time frame for a GTG... anyone in?  Dinner or lunch?  Are people who are parenting after a loss ok?  Would it be too hard if people had toddlers with them?  I know there are some gals from Mass over on that board, too. 

I think that's all for now.  You gals are awesome.  I totally didn't like the TTC board (no offense to anyone who's on there, sorry!)... I only really lurked when I was on there.  But I like it over here and although I hate to be here, I'm glad to have you on a Friday night when I'm feeling lame for being home. 

TTCAL Siggy Challenge: "He's my favorite.  His birthday is the same as mine almost"

image image

Missing my little one lost at 9 weeks on 2.24.13. brokenhearted but not broken... 

d&c 5/21/13... Still Healing, Still Standing... 

MMC discovered 10/2/2013, TWINS... d&c 10/7/2013.  I still miss you, little ones. 

Surgery December 2013 to remove a 10+cm fibroid... Open myomectomy. Benched for 3-9 months... 
Will TTC summer Summer 2014 we hope!

Dear God, Since I couldn't hold my little one in my lap and tell him about you, could you hold him in your lap and tell him about me? 

PgAL and PAL always welcome...

Re: A LOT of questions... all at once.

• imageSoxFan777:
    I know sometimes it's frowned upon to start a random thread for a random question, or something AHish... SOOOO... I waited till I had a TON of questions, and here they are all at once...1 How often do you have sex during what SHOULD be your fertile window?nbsp; I don't temp or chart yes, I'm lazy and I know that NOT charting is practically a sin, especially on the TTC board, but I confess... I'm debating between every day and every other.nbsp; I'm FINALLY cleared to TTC and I'm trying every day for now.nbsp; :2 Whatnbsp;else are you all doing to "up" your chances?nbsp; I drink green tea daily, but that's because I like it.nbsp;nbsp;I was thinking of trying thenbsp;pomegranate juice thing but I don't really know whatnbsp;to do/when to drink it.nbsp; I'm only doing it because I know it's healthy, anyway.nbsp; What elsenbsp;are younbsp;trying?nbsp; 3nbsp;Anyone have fibroids?nbsp; Have they caused issues?nbsp; I just had anothernbsp;ultrasoundnbsp;yesterday and I'm still waitingnbsp;to hear from the doctor.nbsp; I hope they're shrinking but who knows?nbsp; 4nbsp;Who are my fellow teachers?nbsp; I teach high school and LOVE it.nbsp; I had my last day this week and I'm SO GLAD to be off for the summer... I don't even really know what to do with myself.nbsp; :nbsp; 5nbsp;I see a LOT of us are doing advanced degrees going back to school as adults, etc..nbsp; It's TOUGH!nbsp; I'm doing a doctorate just started, actually and it's a ton of work but I love it.nbsp; What are you all studying?nbsp; How do you balance a full time job AND school?nbsp; I have to say "no" a lot, myself.nbsp; NO to lunch dates during work hours or gossip time in the lounge or crossword puzzles, etc.nbsp; Totally worth it in the end, I hope.nbsp; 6 Who is here from Mass/Boston/NH?nbsp; We need to stage a GTG.nbsp; I suggest Andover as a good "easy parking" spot.nbsp; I'm going to throw July 1420 out there as a possible time frame for a GTG... anyone in?nbsp; Dinner or lunch?nbsp; Are people who are parenting after a loss ok?nbsp; Would it be too hard if people had toddlers with them?nbsp; I know there are some gals from Mass over on that board, too.nbsp; I think that's all for now.nbsp; You gals are awesome.nbsp; I totally didn't like the TTC board nonbsp;offense to anyone who's on there, sorry!... I onlynbsp;really lurked when I was on there.nbsp; But I like it over here and although I hate to be here, I'm glad to have you on a Friday night when I'm feeling lame for being home.nbsp;

1. Well last month we had sex every other day but only for a day or two befor O. Timing was not best. This month we will be away next week our anniversary so I already told hubby every other day for the week and he was ok with it!!!

2. The only things I do are.
    I temp, chart, OpKs, CM but never trust it, and just started the clear blue fertility monitor this cycle. I hate having to temp the same time daily but I am not stopping!! Lol

3. When I went in for my first check up my Dr asked me if he told me I had fibroids. I said no. He said oh don't worry about them they usually don't cause and harm. Well right after I found out I MC. Had my dnc. At my recheck I asked the other Dr he did my dnc about the fibroids. He said it was not noted anywhere that I had them so if I did they must be super small so he is not concerned. I will bring it up when we are pregnant again just to make sure.
    4. I am a 2 grade teacher. I got out June 6. I am however working part time at the animal hospital close by. My first career. I am a veterinary technician.

5. I am done with school!!! Lol

6. I am from NY here!! Go Yankees!!! Sorry had to say it. They stink this year!!!

Me (40) DH (42).......Married 7/1/11......TTC 12/2013.......BFP #1 12/30/12........EDD 9/8/13
    Spotting,clot 2/15/13 all ok......2/21/13 no heartbeat 11 w 4 d missed miscarriage........2/22/13 DnC :(
    BFP # 2 10.10.13...........EDD 6.19.14

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

• Hi SoxFan...  Tough week for Boston sports, to say the least, but at least the sox are atop the AL East!  Do you go to many games?

1) Hmmm, well before our BFP and m/c I was super regular and we had sex ED during my fertile week.  If I knew what my O day was going to be in advance, I would have sex ED leading up to it, but that is just because I know it worked for us before.  I am using OPKs now, but my cycles have been much longer after our loss, and I am not quite sure when the FW is going to be.  We try to average EOD pre-O just in case.

2) I like green tea, too, so I've been drinking that, but quitting once I get CHs just in case it affects implantation.  I'm definitely trying to drink more water.  I started temping last cycle and I'm using OPKs. 

3) No, I've never had fibroids, but I am pretty familiar with them.  Have you had, or been presented with any treatment options?  

4) Not me, but I'm definitely jealous of having the summer off.

5) Good for you!!  Haven't made the jump to grad school yet.  It's just so expensive, and our work tuition reimbursement sucks!

6) Another Bostonian here.  I can't do a GTG the week you mentioned, but I would be interested.  I would be fine with inviting PgAL and PAL ladies, too.

TTC since October 2012

BFP#1 1/11/13, EDD 9/19/13, M/C at 9wk6dy 

BFP#2 11/12/13, DS born 7/28/14!

imageImage and video hosting by TinyPicimage

image  Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Chart

Everyone is welcome

• Loading the player...
  • imagehlmlvt:

...snip...

6. I am from NY here!! Go Yankees!!! Sorry had to say it. They stink this year!!!

Boooooooo!

Smile 

TTC since October 2012

BFP#1 1/11/13, EDD 9/19/13, M/C at 9wk6dy 

BFP#2 11/12/13, DS born 7/28/14!

imageImage and video hosting by TinyPicimage

image  Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Chart

Everyone is welcome

• imageSoxFan777:
    I know sometimes it's frowned upon to start a random thread for a random question, or something AHish... SOOOO... I waited till I had a TON of questions, and here they are all at once...1 How often do you have sex during what SHOULD be your fertile window?nbsp; I don't temp or chart yes, I'm lazy and I know that NOT charting is practically a sin, especially on the TTC board, but I confess... I'm debating between every day and every other.nbsp; I'm FINALLY cleared to TTC and I'm trying every day for now.nbsp; :2 Whatnbsp;else are you all doing to "up" your chances?nbsp; I drink green tea daily, but that's because I like it.nbsp;nbsp;I was thinking of trying thenbsp;pomegranate juice thing but I don't really know whatnbsp;to do/when to drink it.nbsp; I'm only doing it because I know it's healthy, anyway.nbsp; What elsenbsp;are younbsp;trying?nbsp; 3nbsp;Anyone have fibroids?nbsp; Have they caused issues?nbsp; I just had anothernbsp;ultrasoundnbsp;yesterday and I'm still waitingnbsp;to hear from the doctor.nbsp; I hope they're shrinking but who knows?nbsp; 4nbsp;Who are my fellow teachers?nbsp; I teach high school and LOVE it.nbsp; I had my last day this week and I'm SO GLAD to be off for the summer... I don't even really know what to do with myself.nbsp; :nbsp; 5nbsp;I see a LOT of us are doing advanced degrees going back to school as adults, etc..nbsp; It's TOUGH!nbsp; I'm doing a doctorate just started, actually and it's a ton of work but I love it.nbsp; What are you all studying?nbsp; How do you balance a full time job AND school?nbsp; I have to say "no" a lot, myself.nbsp; NO to lunch dates during work hours or gossip time in the lounge or crossword puzzles, etc.nbsp; Totally worth it in the end, I hope.nbsp; 6 Who is here from Mass/Boston/NH?nbsp; We need to stage a GTG.nbsp; I suggest Andover as a good "easy parking" spot.nbsp; I'm going to throw July 1420 out there as a possible time frame for a GTG... anyone in?nbsp; Dinner or lunch?nbsp; Are people who are parenting after a loss ok?nbsp; Would it be too hard if people had toddlers with them?nbsp; I know there are some gals from Mass over on that board, too.nbsp; I think that's all for now.nbsp; You gals are awesome.nbsp; I totally didn't like the TTC board nonbsp;offense to anyone who's on there, sorry!... I onlynbsp;really lurked when I was on there.nbsp; But I like it over here and although I hate to be here, I'm glad to have you on a Friday night when I'm feeling lame for being home.nbsp;

I'll answer those that I can!

1. When I was ttc we tried once a day it every other day.

2. I was temping and using opks.

3. No experience here

4. I'm a teacher! I teach public preschool and got out June 6. I'm currently camp director at the school and trying for the promotion of preschool coordinator or assistant director.

5. Come fall I will be back in school to complete my masters degree. Eek!!

Hope these help! Good luck!!
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
  • 1. We usually try to do eod and then once I get a smiley face on the opk we do a few in a row until I confirm O. Sometimes it doesn't happen though and it's more like eod.

2. I temp, use opks, and chart cm when it's obvious what I have. I also take folic acid, bcomplex, coq10, omega3 and vitamin D

3. I had fibroids... they were huge so they had to come out. There would have been no room for a growing baby in there with them. I looked six months pregnant. If yours are small and not causing bleeding or other issues they should be ok, however, I'm giving your dr major side eye at the suggestion that they are shrinking and at the diagnosis in general if it's not noted anywhere. How did he confirm that you had them? Ultrasound? MRI? How does he know they're shrinking?
    imageimage
    BFP with #1 (twins!) 11/18/2011 - missed m/c at 8weeks3days; d&c 1/19/2012; myomectomy to remove 18cm+,10cm & 5cm fibroids 4/2012; TTC again 7/2012; BFP #2 (twins) 11/13/2012; missed m/c at 7weeks;
    BFP #3: baby girl born 3/5/2014

Balaustine: an anthology about wanting family
  • imageSuperKim13:

imagehlmlvt:

...snip...

Boooooooo!

Smile 

Lol I was waiting for this!! Lol

Me (40) DH (42).......Married 7/1/11......TTC 12/2013.......BFP #1 12/30/12........EDD 9/8/13
    Spotting,clot 2/15/13 all ok......2/21/13 no heartbeat 11 w 4 d missed miscarriage........2/22/13 DnC :(
    BFP # 2 10.10.13...........EDD 6.19.14

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

• #6 is the only one that applies to me - I'm in NH. There actually just was a GTG coordinated by Serenla in Boston, so I'm sorry you missed it. I couldn't go to that one, but I'd love to be in the loop if another materializes.

July TTCAL Siggy Challenge - Favorite Children's Book
    Donkey-Donkey - Roger Duvoisin  1968  Vintage Childrens Book
    Surprise BFP 5/15/12, EDD 1/29/13, mm/c @ 8wks, discovered at 11wks, D&C 7/11/12
    AF finally arrived on Christmas after 167 days of waiting.
    TTA until January 2014
    Follow Me on Pinterestimageimage
    PGAL/PAL always welcome

• 1. We have sex every 36 hours during FW. I can't do it every day - even though I think DH could.

2. I temp, use OPK's, take B6, baby aspirin, and my PNV. DH takes a multivitamin.

5. I'm in grad school for my master's in accounting. I actually only have one class left and I am set to graduate September 1st so I am glad it's almost over. Balancing family, work, and school has been very challenging, to say the least. In the weeks leading up to a CPA exam, I have to pretty much cut myself off from any social stuff.

6. Not from that area, but I will be visiting Boston in August - it'd be cool if there was a GTG at that point! I am a "parenting after a loss" but my toddler would not be with me.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    BFP # 1 - 12/19/09 EDD 08/27/10 - D&C 1/26/10 @ 9w5d

BFP # 2 - 06/05/10 EDD 02/17/11, DS1 born on 2/14/11

BFP # 3 - 04/10/13 EDD 12/21/13 - D&C 05/15/13 @ 8w4d

BFP # 4 - 07/27/13 EDD 04/08/14 - CP 07/29/13

BFP # 5 - 09/14/13 EDD 05/28/14, DS2 born on 5/22/14 

• imageSoxFan777:

I know sometimes it's frowned upon to start a random thread for a random question, or something AHish... SOOOO... I waited till I had a TON of questions, and here they are all at once...

1) How often do you have sex during what SHOULD be your fertile window?  I don't temp or chart (yes, I'm lazy and I know that NOT charting is practically a sin, especially on the TTC board, but I confess)... I'm debating between every day and every other.  I'm FINALLY cleared to TTC and I'm trying every day for now.  :)I know you're not into the charting thing but long term TTC without it can become brutal. Hell, I was charting and after 2 cycles it was already getting to be too much. I really suggest you pick of the thermometer - it'll help not make BDing so much of a chore ya know? Are you BDing every other day in your fertile window? How are you determining when that is with OPKS? I know some do the deed everyday while others every other day. There's a ton of differing opinions on this.

2) What else are you all doing to "up" your chances?  I drink green tea daily, but that's because I like it.  I was thinking of trying the pomegranate juice thing but I don't really know what to do/when to drink it.  I'm only doing it because I know it's healthy, anyway.  What else are you trying? Nothing really apart from taking the medications my doctor prescribed.

• 1. We try to everyday.

2. I temp and use opks. I drink green tea and take vitamins (but I always did that prior to TTC).

3. No fibroids that I know of.

4. Not a teacher, but I've done weekend workshops for kids through a volunteer organization. It's fun!

5. I have a masters, which I earned while working full time. It's hard. If you have summers off I would definitely take a few then to make it easier. I didn't have that option, so I would schedule homework time on my calendar and stick to it. A lot of late nights and boring weekends. A few times I took vacation days to work on papers. I did my entire degree online so I could often move things around, the flexible schedule worked better for me. Most masters programs are not built for adults that work full time, super annoying.

6. N/a

BTW, how are you doing after the surgery? 

"It's, not, where you are, it's where you're going,
    And it's, not, about the things you've done, it's what you're doing, now"

TTC Journey Began 8/12
    BFP #1 11/9/12, MMC/D&C 12/21/12 @ 9w2d, EDD 7/24/13
    SAs: 2%-3% Morph - RE Official Diagnosis
    Unexplained
     BFN = IUI #1 (Clomid) | IUI #2 (Letrozole) 
    BFP #2 4/19/14 = IUI #3 (Letrozole)
    Expecting Our Elf 12/27/14
    ~All Welcome~

• imageellajune2012:
    1. We usually try to do eod and then once I get a smiley face on the opk we do a few in a row until I confirm O. Sometimes it doesn't happen though and it's more like eod. 2. I temp, use opks, and chart cm when it's obvious what I have. I also take folic acid, bcomplex, coq10, omega3 and vitamin D 3. I had fibroids... they were huge so they had to come out. There would have been no room for a growing baby in there with them. I looked six months pregnant. If yours are small and not causing bleeding or other issues they should be ok, however, I'm giving your dr major side eye at the suggestion that they are shrinking and at the diagnosis in general if it's not noted anywhere. How did he confirm that you had them? Ultrasound? MRI? How does he know they're shrinking?

Ah... good question.  I've had ten (yes TEN) ultrasounds... this is to follow the m/c, and then post d&c...

TTCAL Siggy Challenge: "He's my favorite.  His birthday is the same as mine almost"

image image

Missing my little one lost at 9 weeks on 2.24.13. brokenhearted but not broken... 

MMC discovered 10/2/2013, TWINS... d&c 10/7/2013.  I still miss you, little ones. 

Surgery December 2013 to remove a 10+cm fibroid... Open myomectomy. Benched for 3-9 months... 

Dear God, Since I couldn't hold my little one in my lap and tell him about you, could you hold him in your lap and tell him about me? 

• imageLLPtobe:
    #6 is the only one that applies to me - I'm in NH. There actually just was a GTG coordinated by Serenla in Boston, so I'm sorry you missed it. I couldn't go to that one, but I'd love to be in the loop if another materializes.

Good to know.  My husband was born in Lebanon.  :)

image image

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"