June 2013 Moms

Saving the stump?

Does anyone plan to save the stump from the umbilical cord once it falls off?

I would just throw it away but it fell off today and DH told me about a tradition in his culture to throw the stump in a place to create a good omen for the baby. Ex. If you want your kid to be an MD you throw the stump somewhere on a medical school campus, or on a certain field if you want them to excel at a sport. It reminds me of scattering someone's ashes but whatever. Now we just need to figure out where to put it! I'm thinking on the local college campus.
imageimageimage
My two girls Flower and Ayla Faye

Re: Saving the stump?

• I really like that idea, just as a fun thing to do. Guess I am not setting DS up for success when his fell off at a friends house and we threw it away... :mobile smiley:
                                                                  #Bodymber14 #Bodygate #itsMillerTime

Bradley 05-04-11 & Tyler 06-18-13
  • imagewillman2585:
    I really like that idea, just as a fun thing to do. Guess I am not setting DS up for success when his fell off at a friends house and we threw it away... :mobile smiley:

Haha well just make up a good story! I like the idea too but it kinda puts the pressure on you to pick a good spot!
    imageimageimage
    My two girls Flower and Ayla Faye
  • Loading the player...
  • Ewww. I wouldn't want to be the one to find it in one if those public places lol. We threw our kids' stump in the trash. Garbage men do get paid a decent amount from what I understand :P
         Lilypie - (2Lt7)      Lilypie - (WFOL)

Jonah Stephen born at 39w on 11/3/2011                Naomi Isabel born at 37w 5d on 5/27/2013
  • I saved my son's and have it with his hospital band. My husband thinks it is gross, and I guess it is in a way, but I couldn't just toss it in the trash.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • imagenykkolhooks:
    Ella's fell off while we were napping on the couch and one of the dogs ate it.

lol

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I saved all three of my kids stumps. It's in their baby books. I couldn't throw it away.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"