June 2013 Moms

Tips on waking up a newborn

Pedi recommended that LO eat every 3 hours. The problem is that she sleeps all day and is very hard to wake p. any tips or suggestions for waking up a newborn?
Pregnancy Ticker

Re: Tips on waking up a newborn

• All I have to do is a diaper change an he wakes up to eat especially with a non heated wipe. If that doesn't work you'll have to undress them so they will wake up I know it's not easy redressing infants but you gotta do what you gotta do! GL
  • Undress and run either a cold wash cloth or wet wipe down LO's back.

• Loading the player...
  • imagemikaelaandmichael:

Undress and run either a cold wash cloth or wet wipe down LO's back.

This!

DS1 2-26-07
    DS2 10-18-10
    M/C 8-5-12
    DS3  6-21-13
    #4 Due May 2015

IT'S A BOY

http://i1156.photobucket.com/albums/p577/Jennidyan1109/23d540d6-b829-444c-8c32-e5df839d3d41.jpg?t=1417822558

• I always have to undress him.
  • imageDaninicole318:
    All I have to do is a diaper change an he wakes up to eat especially with a non heated wipe. If that doesn't work you'll have to undress them so they will wake up I know it's not easy redressing infants but you gotta do what you gotta do! GL

Pretty much this.  I try to wake her up by rubbing her tummy and talking to her.  THen I go for the undres & diaper change.  It seems to be working.  I've noticed really bright lights don't help because she'll close her eyes but very dim lights make her drowsy so working on the *right* lighting is key too.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • imageCarolynL8:
    I did the diaper change thing when I needed to wake him.nbsp;

Yup. A diaper change works for us. I try to walk around and gently bounce her and talk to her first, but if that fails we change.
    imageimageimage
    My two girls Flower and Ayla Faye
  • Diaper change worked for us too. We also have used cool water on his neck and cooled down our hands to touch him when it was really hard to wake him. For us, undressing him did not work. He thought no clothes= snuggle time and would curl in a ball on my clothed chest and fall asleep again.
    image image
    Bennett Andrew- 6/4/13      Nora Elizabeth - 10/3/14
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"