February 2013 Moms

Belly Binding: Is it too late?

So, I am kind of started to get stressed about the condition of my stomach.  I wanted to have a natural childbirth and thought I would be working out in a week and lose tons of weight breastfeeding.  Instead I got to go through labor and pushing drug free and ended up with a c-section anyway.  I had postpartum hypertension for 10 weeks and as my sister predicted from her experience, I am not in the group of women that lose weight breastfeeding, I am clinging to every pound.  My stomach is a shell of its former self - stretch marks, loose skin, extra pounds.  I really do not want to be a vain person, but it is getting a little depressing.  I know getting into a regular workout routine will (I hope) help, and tracking calories.  If I slept more that would help too...and help the working out/tracking...hard to do when exhausted but I need to anyway.  

I almost feel like my abs are pushing out in some ways.  I wish I had used a belly binder from the beginning, but I can't unring that bell.  So, my question is....has anyone had success in shrinking your belly down some at this late date with belly binding?  Is there one you would recommend or does it not matter?  I have a medela one from BRU.  I am 4.5 months pp.  Any other tips for getting my belly to shrink and getting my skin to tighten up please share.

Thanks ladies, DD better be glad she is cute :) 

We are so thankful that our second daughter, Lillian Elizabeth "Lily", was born healthy and happy on February 11, 2013.  We love her to pieces.  

We lost our first daughter, Hannah Grace on May 4, 2011.  She was buried on May 14 during a beautiful service at my home church. We are grateful that if she could not be here with us, that she is healed and whole with the Lord. We look forward to the day when we will get to meet her. We love her so much.

Re: Belly Binding: Is it too late?

• Its probably too late for PP belly binding now. But I also cant lose weight while BF. I hold on to every ounce. I think I even gain a bit more while nursing. With my 2 older kids, once I stopped BF all the extra weight starting falling off pretty quickly, without even doing much. I know how you feel though. LO is 4 months old and I still look 5 months pregnant. :( sigh I miss my skinny jeans

Hang in there

Me 33, DH 33, Charlotte 5, Ethan 3
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Count me in, too! I was nursing and now I am EPing and still chubs. DDs pedi made a comment ... First thing out of her stupid little mouth was not a "hello", but "...your belly! Are you pregnant again!?" 

DH also teases me saying that I'm going to be lard for the rest of my life. I responded that I'm like this because I had our baby, so what's HIS excuse?!?! Lol. I done hearing the comments and I'm focusing on pumping these suckers until I can take no more,  

I lost 10 lbs immediately after birth and still have 25 hanging on for dear life. I sooooo look forward to the end of pumping.  

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

• Loading the player...
  • imageelizhope:

Its probably too late for PP belly binding now. But I also cant lose weight while BF. I hold on to every ounce. I think I even gain a bit more while nursing. With my 2 older kids, once I stopped BF all the extra weight starting falling off pretty quickly, without even doing much. I know how you feel though. LO is 4 months old and I still look 5 months pregnant. :( sigh I miss my skinny jeans

Hang in there

skinny jeans, how I miss you! Still looking PG here too.  

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Our Sweet Boy "LJ"
  • You're not alone. I also had an emergency c/s, lost 18 lbs immediately and can't shed the last 8. I carry weight in my belly anyway, so I'm pretty depressed about how I look these days. Nothing fits, and if something does, it doesn't look nearly the same. I'm sorry.
    Pregnancy Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"