Pregnant after a Loss

2 and 3 tri ladies: tired

A question for the second and third tri ladies. I'm almost 18 weeks and still tired. Better than first tri but I need a nap every day and am still sleepy. With DD I had super low iron and I wonder if I do again. I see Dr Tuesday. Is this normal?

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: 2 and 3 tri ladies: tired

• My energy really didn't pick up until about 20 weeks.  I have more energy now, but there are some days I still get super tired.  I would ask your doctor though.  It doesn't hurt to get your iron levels checked.

TTC started Oct '10
    Me: AMA w/RSD, atypical PCOS w/IR, LPD and High Prolactin. Controlled HP post-loss.
    DH: Low-T and borderline morph
    18 cycles, 3 medicated w/RE to get to a BFP!
    EDD 9/7/12, Saw HB @7w3d,missed m/c 1/30 @8w3d, d&c 2/8
    11 AL cycles, 9 medicated/IUI cycles. All BFFN!
    Moving forward with IVF
    BFP#2 our little cycle break surprise on AL cycle 12! EDD 10/27/13
    Beta #1: 41 Beta #2: 398; perfect u/s 3/11 hb @133bpm
    u/s 3/25 one perfect hb @183 bpm, adjusted EDD 10/23/13
    MaterniT21 and carrier screens normal. It's a girl!!!
    Severe Pre-E, HFpEF, PE, AMA & IF= OAD

imageimageimage
    Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
    All IF/AL Welcome!
  • Normal for me. I've been exhausted since becoming pregnant and it hasn't really got any better.

I've had my iron levels tested and I'm fine. I guess I'm just one of the lucky ones who will never get that "burst" of energy.
        DS born 8-16-2013
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Loading the player...
  • I got my energy back around 16 weeks, now at 32 it seems like even the act of getting dressed in the morning makes me tired. I think it's all normal. Every pregnancy is so different it's hard to compare. I hope for your sake you get at least a few weeks of energy. I didn't realize how bad I felt until literally at 16 weeks it was like a light flipped and I felt amazing again.
    BFP#1 10.03.11| Chemical Pregnancy 10.11.11.
    BFP#2 11.13.11| diag@13wks T21/Cystic Hygroma/Hydrops | D&C 1.24.12
    BFP#3 12.13.12| HR 174 | Materni21 - All Chromosomes Normal! | EDD 8.25.13
    BabyFruit Ticker image image
  • Fatigue isn't unusual in pregnancy, even later on. I'm extremely tired all the time. I am anemic though, to the point where I have to start taking a ridiculous amount of iron daily or I will probably end up with a blood transfusion after giving birth. I know that low iron can definitely have an effect on your energy so if you had low iron in the past, this could be a factor.

Don't be afraid to ask you dr. about it; you could even ask them to do some blood work to check your levels to see where they stand.

• I didn't start eating  much again until I was about 20 weeks, AND that was right after work got crazy.  I didn't feel like I had energy until I hit 3rd trimester... but again... weeks 19-27 were my busiest weeks at work all year long!

I had a week or two when I was completely exhausted somewhere around 17-22 wks,  and then this week is the same.  I wish I had a couch in my office at work- I would nap every day from 2-4!!

TTC since Feb 2012. Me: 39, DH: 37
    BFP #1 5/27/12- m/c 7/9/12 @ 10w2d (cytotec induced @11w).
    Fibroids, Hashimoto's Hypothyroidism
    BFP #2 11/18/12  EDD 7/27/13
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • I still have some days where I just can not wake up, and my iron levels are great [thank you well water], and other days I'm just fine. Around 18 to 24 weeks I felt more exhausted that first tri most days; its a huge growing period.
    I think tiredness is just par for the course during pregnancy, but if you have a history of low iron, than maybe focus on trying to get more with proteins. Can't hurt
    Married My Love on 6/18/2006
    BFP#1 10/1/2011. Our perfect little girl, Her heart stopped @ 12w1d. D&E 11/23/11
    BFP#2 3/13/12 Weird CP/Possible EP @ 6w0d
    BFP#3 5/28/12 CP @ 5w0d
    BFP/WTF#4 10/26/12 CP
    BFP#5 12/10/12 EDD 8/23/2013
    <3 Baby Boy Born 8/22/13 <3
     photo ellie.gifPhotobucket
  • I'm 36 weeks and 2nd tri was just less tired than 1st or 3rd. Still tired though. Iron is okay. I guess each pregnancy is different.
    Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers BabyFetus Ticker
  • I'm more tired now at 23 weeks than I was my first tri . I'm very active typically, and I find I can't keep up with my former self.
  • Thanks everybody! I also wonder if it is My age, I'm 39.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • imageKKDRAGONFLY:
    Thanks everybody! I also wonder if it is My age, I'm 39.

Me, too!

Have they checked your thyroid levels recently?  

The week that I was most tired in 2nd try, my TSH levels jumped up for some reason.   

TTC since Feb 2012. Me: 39, DH: 37
    BFP #1 5/27/12- m/c 7/9/12 @ 10w2d (cytotec induced @11w).
    Fibroids, Hashimoto's Hypothyroidism
    BFP #2 11/18/12  EDD 7/27/13
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • I am 16 weeks and still very tired, less than at first, but more than before pregnancy. I think it's normal, but if you has anemia in the past, it couldn't hurt to check.

• Each of my pregnancies has been different. I dont know if its that I am older, or I am working full time and I wasnt working with my other pregnancies or what it is, but my energy level hasnt really picked up. I have days where I have a little more energy, but for the most part I have to take a nap every day, I am just that tired still!
    Married my very own GI Joe May 2002

BFP May 2002  NMC June 2002
    BFP September 2002 ID twins born April 2003 @ 35 weeks
    BFP September 2007 DD born May 2008
    BFP August 2012 MC October 2012
    BFP January 2012 DD October 2013

I MISS MY TICKER :(

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"