May 2013 Moms

EBF on demand - over the top!

DD is 6 weeks old tomorrow and we are struggling with BF the last week or so.  She is "demanding" to feed non-stop, all day long.  Anyone else having this issue?  If she is not being fed every 30 minutes or so, she is screaming bloody murder.  I'm completely depleted.  DS was not like this so I do not recognize her behavior at all.  She has a ton of gas (at the hind end) all the time so I'm thinking she is trying to pacify herself rather than really eat, since she's not swallowing for very long when she is latched. Any experience with this...?
TTC#2 5+ yrs Me: 44 yrs DH: 34 yrs DS born 8/2007 MC 11/2008 (natural) MC 5/2011 (IVF) MC 12/20011 (IVF) BFP 9/2012!! (DE) EDD 5/25/2013 BabyFruit Ticker

Re: EBF on demand - over the top!

• Growth spurt maybe?
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Maybe silent reflux? Or just over tiredness?
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • imagestar510:
    Growth spurt maybe?

I thought that too, but this is crazy!  It's making her intolerant of not being held, too.  The last couple of days she will not even let me set her down if she is awake.  We could put her in the swing or bouncy chair before, but now she won't sit there even ten seconds without wailing.  Serenity NOW, Serenity NOW!!!

TTC#2 5+ yrs Me: 44 yrs DH: 34 yrs DS born 8/2007 MC 11/2008 (natural) MC 5/2011 (IVF) MC 12/20011 (IVF) BFP 9/2012!! (DE) EDD 5/25/2013 BabyFruit Ticker
  • imageMermaidNM:
    Maybe silent reflux? Or just over tiredness?

Tell me more about silent reflux...  I'm about to google it too...

• Yes my LO did this for a couple if days, we thought maybe gas. Woke up one morning and I had a completely different baby who was cooing and smiling.Im pretty sure it was a growth spurt because then all of a sudden he was sleeping a lot more.
  • Mine is pretty similar to what you are describing and it sure makes having company or going anywhere a struggle. He has been gaining about 2oz a day over the past week so I'm hoping it's.just a growth spurt. Really really hope.. these poor nips need a break. And he gets so uncomfortable with all that gas!
  • imagechristinaw2011:
    Yes my LO did this for a couple if days, we thought maybe gas. Woke up one morning and I had a completely different baby who was cooing and smiling.Im pretty sure it was a growth spurt because then all of a sudden he was sleeping a lot more.

This too
    IVF/ICSI #1 July/August 2011 BFP # 1 - B/G twins - preterm labor/cervical incompetency @ 23w3d FET # 1 March/April 2012 - BFN 5/1/12 FET # 2 July 2012 - BFN 7/24 FET # 3 BFP! EDD 5/15/13 Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Pregnancy Ticker
  • DS totally confused gas pain for hunger! gripe water works miracles for us!
    Anniversary
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • This sounds like what I am experiencing too. I have no advise to give, but having company and trying to go anywhere is very difficult for us too. She won't take a paci, just wants to feed every half hour.

• DD did this a little bit... she would eat, then fuss like crazy as though she was still hungry a few minutes later.  I finally figured out that it was gas.  Sometimes, if I got her to burp well, she would actually still be hungry (probably b/c the gas was filling her belly instead of food) but most times, she would be content after the burp.  Good luck
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Thanks everyone for your help.  Today she has calmed down a bit although now I think I have a plugged duct.  Ah the joys...  I'm going to take us to the pediatrician on Monday.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"