October 2013 Moms

Pre-E/HBP - Baby aspirin?

Saw a new doctor today, and when he was reviewing my chart he saw that I had pre-eclampsia with my first and asked if I was taking baby aspirin.  I said no, and he said that there is evidence that it could help prevent pre-e this time.  Wondering if anyone else has heard this?  My blood pressure at the appointment was 100/60, so I'm not dealing with any HBP right now.  But I didn't show any signs of pre-e last time until the day that I was induced.
AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

Re: Pre-E/HBP - Baby aspirin?

• Yes, I've heard of it.  I take baby aspirin for a different reason but it's not going to hurt for you to start taking it.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    BFP #2 11/4/12 EDD 7/20/12 missed M/C 12/13/12 @8w5d D&C 12/21/12
    DX 2/7/13 with an alloimmunity + for anti-paternal antibodies started Lovenox daily & BA
    BFP 2/16/13 EDD 10/28/13

• I'm not sure about Pre-E/HBP, but I have to take a baby aspirin every day in addition to blood thinner shots for a blood clotting issue.  
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • I've heard that connection mentioned but don't know much about it.  I didn't have Pre-E or BP issues with my first but I'm on baby aspirin for a blood clotting issue this time around.

My big boy is bounding towards 4! Baby brother coming in October!
    Hipster dog is not impressed.
  • I also take it for another reason, but my blood pressure has been abnormally low for me. Maybe the aspirin is why?
  • I've had pree with both pregnancies. So far so good but I don't get it til over 30 weeks. I was never told about baby aspirin. I should ask my doctor my next visit.
    Did you know you had pree your first pregnancy?
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker
  • MrsWPTMrsWPT member
    I had preE with my first and my OB has had me taking baby aspirin since the beginning of this pregnancy due to the recent study. She also said calcium has shown to help so I'm taking a daily calcium supplement also.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • imagesharonstevens85:
    I've had pree with both pregnancies. So far so good but I don't get it til over 30 weeks. I was never told about baby aspirin. I should ask my doctor my next visit.
    Did you know you had pree your first pregnancy?

My BP was fine until I was four days overdue. I went in for an NST and a cervical check and it was around 200/150 or something. So they sent me straight to the hospital and I was induced.
    Thanks for the replies I guess it couldn't hurt to give it a try. Anything to avoid magnesium this time around...
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • I have no experience with PreE but also take baby aspirin daily! IMO if it could possibly prevent it I would personally take it! Its such a small dose it shouldn't be harmful to your baby! I take mine for a blood clotting disorder but I run anemic before I took it! It doesn't even effect that at all!
    April2014 Siggy Challenge - Bunnies
    imageimageimage     
    imageimage

• I had preE with my first and I've never heard of this. I also have developed low platelets with each pregnancy...I'm thinking aspirin would probably make that even worse?
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"