May 2013 Moms

a visit from a Sept 2013 mom

Hi all, 

I figure you all went through this recently and could give some advice on the latest technology. Did any of you use an app on your phone during your labor to time contractions and keep track of them? Did you like the app or dislike it in any way? I am a BTDT mom but we didn't have smartphones when DS was born and we didn't even have an actual timer for the first few hours before my dad stopped by. DH was writing down the times and durations on a sheet of paper. It was incredibly low-tech and sort of a pain in the butt (though we kept the paper for nostalgia purposes!) As cute as the paper was, we decided an app would be better, and now we both have android phones. We also have an iPad so feel free to make apple recommendations, but we are more likely to have a phone on hand and be using that, so I prefer android recommendations. 

Thank you so much and I hope your newborns are all doing well! You will sleep again soon, I promise. It really does get a lot better. ;-) 

ETA: I'm also interested in breastfeeding apps as well! (e.g. when you start feeding, how long it takes, which side, etc.) Even better if it tracks wet/dirty diapers as well. I remember it was a pain to keep track of all of that in the first few weeks and an app would really help!

Baby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: a visit from a Sept 2013 mom

• I used an app called Contraction Timer. I have an android. It's easy to use and it helped me figure out when I should go to the hospital. I'm a FTM and I didn't have any false alarms.

Oh and it's free.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Daisypath Anniversary tickersCafeMom Tickers

• imagemakeupgeek:
    I used an app called Contraction Timer. I have an android. It's easy to use and it helped me figure out when I should go to the hospital. I'm a FTM and I didn't have any false alarms. Oh and it's free.

Thank you and your LO is very cute! :-) 

• Loading the player...
  • For contractions, I downloaded the first free one that popped up. It was fine.

For feeding, I use total baby. I've used it for both LOs. It's great.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

View Full Size Image

• imagegogadgetgo:
    For contractions, I downloaded the first free one that popped up.

This. I put it on my phone during early labor and DH's when things picked up.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I was induced so I never had a chance to use a contraction timer app.
    For breastfeeding, I have What to Expect, which is free. It keeps track of which breast, or if you gave a bottle, and how long your LO ate. It also keeps track of wet and poopy diapers, sleeping times, and vaccinations. You can go back and look at each daily log, too.
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • B27B27 member
    I use feed pro and love it!
  • LN1024LN1024 member
    I used Full Term. It was free and worked great. 
  • Thank you all so much for your recommendations! I very much appreciate it. I'll check again later but I'm heading out now and just wanted to thank you in advance. Good luck with your adorable little ones!

• I used the contraction counter during labor, and ibabylog is a great app now that baby is here... Tracks nursing, tracks diaper changes,pumping, bottle feeding, even bathing and growth and doctor appointments if you want. I have it on my iPhone.

My little bug, Madeline. Born June 2, 2013.

• Total Baby tracks everything you can possibly think of once baby is here: feedings, left/right side, diapers, baths, pumping, milk storage inventory, dr appts, growth percentiles, vaccinations, etc.
  • imageLN1024:
    I used Full Term. It was free and worked great.nbsp;

Same here
  • April!April! member
    I bought Total Baby but kept forgetting about it so have never really used it! Instead I just used the feeding and diaper chart they gave us at the hospital. That was only one week, so since then I have been using the one at Kellymom.com. Just google kellymom breastfeeding log. It's easier for me to keep track on paper.

I have the Sprout app which includes a contraction timer.
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    BFP #2 9/5/2012 -- Born 5/20/2013 -- Welcome, rainbow baby!
    BFP #1 1/24/12 -- No HB 2/16/12 -- Misoprostol 3/10/12
    image image image
  • I use the Similac Strong Moms Baby Journal for Breastfeeding. It tracks everything (bf, bottles, pumping, diapers, sleep) and you can easily look back at prior days and even email yourself a trend report if you wanted to. Plus, it's free!
  • JuberPJuberP member
    imageLN1024:
    I used Full Term. It was free and worked great.nbsp;

I used this as well from my iPhone to track contractions. It had a 5 star rating and I agree. You hit start, then stop and it summarized all of the statistics. Good luck!
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers
  • imagekat81again2:

imagemakeupgeek:
    I used an app called Contraction Timer. I have an android. It's easy to use and it helped me figure out when I should go to the hospital. I'm a FTM and I didn't have any false alarms.

Oh and it's free.

Thank you and your LO is very cute! :-) 

Thanks!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Daisypath Anniversary tickersCafeMom Tickers

• Cant help you with contractions as I was induced.

However I use iBabyLog and its a free app and I can connecgt to my SO's phone aswell so he can update too. it keeps track of everything you could think of needing.

• I used a couple different apps and didn't like any of them! As for tracking feedings, itzbeen is amazing. I love it.
  • For contractions I used one of the my pregnancy apps. 

For nursing, sleeping, etc. I use Total Baby.  Love it! I used it with DD (she's almost 4) and they have some really nice improvements.  

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"