March 2014 Moms

When to start photos

This app recommends starting photographing your belly at 4 weeks. I'm a big girl lol I'm about size 16. So I've got a belly that has nothing to do with the baby at this point. I'm trying to decide if I should start photos now or wait? I feel like all the pictures I have seen of women starting photos early are skinny women where the changes stand out more.

Re: When to start photos

• It's totally up to you. The first picture I have of my belly with DD was at about 18 weeks but I had a bloat belly at about 12 weeks that you couldn't deny!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• I plan on doing them weekly starting now. I know some others who do them every other week, every 4 weeks, etc. if you plan on doing them at all, I would consider taking one very early pic as your beginning to document the change.  

TTC #1 as of Feb. 2013
    BFP on Mar. 4, 2013, DX with MMC (blighted ovum) at 8 weeks, D&C
    TTC again as of May 2013
    BFP on June 24, 2013, EED March 12, 2014
    Diagnosed with endometriosis, PCOS, heterozygous MTHFR and positive for ANA

GROW BABY, GROW!
    BabyFruitTicker
  • Loading the player...
  • I'm a late shower, so I won't start for a while. My first with a noticable change was at 18 wks. Even then a stranger couldnt tell until much later. Plus my very early bloating doesn't need to be immortalized. ;
  • jjt616jjt616 member
    With dd I took one every month and did take one when I had just found out. I'm glad I did take them as a starting point even though you couldn't tell it was a baby bump until four months. I agree with pp to take them so that you have them and if you don't want them then delete/toss them.

• It is totally up to you.  With my daughter, I didn't start taking pictures until about week 19, as I was not really showing at all up until then.  This time around though, I will probably start sooner.  And hey, if you take them starting now and don't see any difference until later on, you can always delete!  Or do one now, and another once a month until you start showing. 
  • I would start early rather then wishing you did later on, since you can't go back! We started right away both times, and this time it looks like I'm showing but it's just left over baby pouch from last time
    336a Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • LO#1 I started at 6wks. Looking back I am so glad I did. I love looking back on the photos. I'm just mad in the later weeks I only took them once every few weeks because I kept forgetting

• I started at 3 weeks and plan to take pictures weekly. :)
  • My first pic wasn't until 18 weeks. I'm on the chubbier side, so it just made me look rounder. I also didn't pop until late too.
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • imagemrsdahamm:
    This app recommends starting photographing your belly at 4 weeks. I'm a big girl lol I'm about size 16. So I've got a belly that has nothing to do with the baby at this point. I'm trying to decide if I should start photos now or wait? I feel like all the pictures I have seen of women starting photos early are skinny women where the changes stand out more.

Question - what app are you using?

I was thinking about downloading CineMama and would be curious if that's what you had and if you liked it?

And to answer your quesiton, I'd go for it and start now - it's nice to have a "before" picture.
    BabyFruit Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Follow Me on Pinterest
  • imagekerrymass:
    imagemrsdahamm:

Question - what app are you using?

I was thinking about downloading CineMama and would be curious if that's what you had and if you liked it?

And to answer your quesiton, I'd go for it and start now - it's nice to have a "before" picture.

I mean, "The Bump" App. In the checklist it has reminders to take pics and there's also a separate part of the app to put your weekly pics
  • ah, that makes sense.

Thanks! 

BabyFruit Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Follow Me on Pinterest
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"