Trying to Get Pregnant

buying baby clothes while ttgp

i had a dream last night which lead me to post this. in my dream i was in a store looking at lingerie, and then making my way over to baby clothes. so i was curious, for those ttgp with#1 do you have, or have bought any baby related items yet? some people are superstitious and will not purchase anything for a while, and some people like to buy baby items here and there.... what do you do?? are you superstitious or are have you already bought something baby related?

as for me, im more superstitious and prefer to wait awhile. but once, i had seen a pair of NY Giants baby booties way before ttgp and i so badly wanted to buy them but didnt. 

photo bf6df11a-4a10-4156-814b-c27eee7e0e89.jpg photo 6e679f21-d3f5-4ab8-bd2c-3c7a839092d8.jpg

Re: buying baby clothes while ttgp

• With my daughter, we did not buy anything until the day we found out that she was a girl.  That day we went to Macy's and bought her first dress.  It makes me smile today thinking of that.  It was so special that with #2 we will probably do the same :-) 

• I had a friend that sent me an outfit when I was pregnant back in Dec.  My friend had twins and told me she would save me everything.  I MC in Feb.  I am still taking the stuff from my friend so I have a car seat with 3 bases, a crib, clothes up til 3 months, a swing, and she has other things for me as well.  

Since hubby and I are on a tight budget I figure that if someone is willing to give me all kinds of baby stuff I might as well take it.  We are ttc again so hope to be able to use it sooner than later.

If something happens, then I can always pass it along to someone else in need.  At this time I have 3 people saving me baby stuff.

I did feel at first like I might jinx myself but I got over that fast with all the stuff my friends were willing to give to me!!!

Me (40) DH (42).......Married 7/1/11......TTC 12/2013.......BFP #1 12/30/12........EDD 9/8/13
    Spotting,clot 2/15/13 all ok......2/21/13 no heartbeat 11 w 4 d missed miscarriage........2/22/13 DnC :(
    BFP # 2 10.10.13...........EDD 6.19.14

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

• Loading the player...
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • It's highly likely we will not buy any clothing for future babies at all. We will get a lot of hand-me-downs from friends and our parents are likely to go overboard. Based on my brother's kid, I anticipate having to actually buy clothes around 3-4 years old.

I did buy a onesie to announce with, but that's it.

Anniversary

Baby GIRL born 9/16/201
    BFP! EDD 8/1/2019 CP 4w2d

• I think it just depends what type of person you are. I was given a set of baby booties when my family found out that i was pregnant. A week later, i miscarried. I couldn't stand the sight of the booties anymore and threw them out. You have PLENTY of time to buy stuff in 3rd tri so i'm more of a cautious and wait type of person now. 
                                             Image and video hosting by TinyPic BabyFruit Ticker CafeMom Tickers
  • I have a tiny pair of NY Giants socks that I bought to give H when I get BFP. I can't buy anything else. The diaper bag I want was on sale last week and I was tempted. But then I realized I don't want to have that laying around as a constant reminder.

Me: IR-PCOS, elevated DHEAs, low progesterone, weak ovulation  DH: low volume, low T
    SHG 5/10/13: both tubes blocked; HSG 6/28 = Left tube cleared! Right blocked.
    BFP#1 7/20/13 EDD 3/30/14, m/c 8/19/13, D&E 8/21/13, Chromosomal results = normal, female
    Lap & hysteroscopy scheduled for 10/31, right tube cleared, no endo found! ...Happy Halloween!
    Cycle 14: Clomid (50)+ IUI = BFP! EDD 9/16/14~ Rowan Elizabeth born sleeping at 17w4d on 4/12/14 due to IC.
    ~There is no foot too small that it cannot leave an imprint on this world~
    New RE June 2014. RPL b/w - negative. SIS looking for uterine/cervical abnormalities & Asherman's 6/10/14 - ALL CLEAR!  
    Cycle 16: Natural IUI = CP, Cycle 17: Femara (2.5) + IUI = BFN, Cycle 18 Femara (5) + IUI = BFFN, Cycle 19: Break
    Cycle 20: Clomid (50)+ IUI = BFP EDD 6/20, transvaginal cerclage 12/19, Carson Quinn born sleeping at 16w3d on 1/6/15 due to IC
    Phone consult with Dr. Haney (Univ of Chicago) for transabdominal cercalge scheduled for 2/9/15.
    "We are the music makers, and we are the dreamers of dreams."
    image image imageimage 
  • I found a mirror at a yard sale last week for only 15 bucks, and I bought the red spray paint yesterday to reprint the frame to match the future nursery.

I am in the process of looking for a Chicago Bears onesie to go ahead and buy for my BFP reveal to DH, hopefully sooner than later.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Not buying anything. I did buy a "Howl" onesie at City Lights in SF when we were there last month, ostensibly for friends with a new baby but I haven't given it to them yet. We had a CP last month, and I just want to see how this one goes, tho I'll give it to them when we see them on the 4th, if Sunday's beta is no bueno.
  • I guess I'm a bit superstitious as well.  I won't buy any baby clothes until I at least get pregnant.  With my first, I didn't buy anything until we found out we were having a boy.  I am, however, THINKING about EVERYTHING baby related :)  Have the bedding picked out for either sex, etc.  Hehe
    Anniversary
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker   image

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Kari~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

• I crochet baby hats/booties/blankets - trying to make enough products to sell, and I have put aside a couple of the cuter/cozy things I've made for our future baby.  I haven't purchased anything though. 
  • I found an adorable yellow polka dot hooded towel on clearance for like a dollar at target, along with some thing called the Snuzzler that you put in car seats and strollers and stuff so it's comfy for the baby. It had awesome reviews and was an online item returned to the store and marked down to 5 bucks so I got that too. I kind of figure that if I see awesome deals like that then why not. Oh and I saved diapers leftover from a diaper cake I made. We're just storing things in the guest room closet which will eventually be a nursery, hopefully. I don't ever have to look at them.
  • DH used to roll his eyes every time I looked at baby stuff, even though I never bought anything. Then he came home with Michael Jordan onesies with little booties. Game on. Since then, I've bought a few outfits. Here's to hoping I didn't jinx anything...
    Dx: PCOS, started Metformin 7/13
  • mmb248mmb248 member

I have a onesie that says "Baby Makes Three" that I plan to give DH when I get a BFP.  That's all I have and I won't buy anything else until we know the sex.

My mom has already started buying a few things, but only things that were on super sale.  Like, a $125 dress that she found on sale for $7.

imageimage
    Me: 33     DH: 38
    TTC since August 2011
    DX:  PCOS and subseptate uterus
    August 2013:  Clomid + Trigger + IUI TI = BFN
    September 2013:  Clomid + Trigger + TI = BFN
    October 2013:  Clomid + Trigger + IUI canceled
    November 2013:  NTNP
    April 2013:  Femara + Trigger + IUI = ???
  • No.  I could not deal with looking at baby stuff everyday.

BFP #1 : 3/20/13 | EDD: 12/1/13 | MC: 4/15/13 

BFP #2: 1/9/14 | EDD: 9/21/14  

Welcomed our rainbow bear on 8/31/14

My Chart | All are Welcome

• I have a couple of Carter's outfits (both in Orange & Purple... Go TIGERS!) Hanging in a closet. They're both for little girls. I bought them as a shower gift for a friend but I never made it to the shower. By the time I got to go see her & the baby, the outfits were too small. So, I kept them! 

I had a friend sell me her rarely used rock-n-play for $20. It's folded up in the closet, too.

I'm not buying anything else for my (hopefully) future baby. 

• I haven't bought anything yet, and I don't plan to until I get pregnant. It's not because I'm superstitious, I just hate clutter and I don't know how long it will be until I get a BFP. I also want to keep myself guarded emotionally in case TTC doesn't work out the way I had planned ya know?

BFP #1 7.16.13 | EDD 3.27.14  | MC 7.29.13
    BFP #2 8.28.13 | EDD 5.5.14 | Simon Francis, Due Date Baby!

• mmb248mmb248 member
    imageCarolinaGirl83:

I have a couple of Carter's outfits (both in Orange & Purple... Go TIGERS!) Hanging in a closet. They're both for little girls. I bought them as a shower gift for a friend but I never made it to the shower. By the time I got to go see her & the baby, the outfits were too small. So, I kept them! 

I had a friend sell me her rarely used rock-n-play for $20. It's folded up in the closet, too.

I'm not buying anything else for my (hopefully) future baby. 

No.

Wink 

imageimage
    Me: 33     DH: 38
    TTC since August 2011
    DX:  PCOS and subseptate uterus
    August 2013:  Clomid + Trigger + IUI TI = BFN
    September 2013:  Clomid + Trigger + TI = BFN
    October 2013:  Clomid + Trigger + IUI canceled
    November 2013:  NTNP
    April 2013:  Femara + Trigger + IUI = ???
  • I wouldn't buy clothes. If I found a really good deal on something I know we want, like a moses basket, at a garage sale or something, I might spring for it. Other than that, no.

• No, I didn't even buy baby clothes when I was pregnant.  I would have later in my pregnancy had I made it that far, but too early on made me nervous.  My MIL bought us some though, and my best friend gave me some of her baby's old stuff...that felt ok, but buying it made me too nervous.

Lilypie - (fm2j)

Lilypie - (YesX)

My Pregnancy/Parenting BLOG TTC since 5/2011, BFP #1 12/3/11, M/C 12/7/11 @ 4wks 2d. Began seeing RE Sep 2012. October 2012 Metformin 1500 mg= ovulation on CD34 BFP#2 11/14/12 9DPO, EDD 7/26/13, DX Gestational Diabetes @14 wks, our angel born sleeping 3/24/13 @ 22wks 2d. BFP #3 7/4/13 8DPO EDD 3/22/14, DX Gestational Diabetes @14 wks. started insulin @16 wks.  Our rainbow, born 3/19/14 @ 39wks 6d., we're so in love!

• I haven't bought anything and don't plan to until well into my pregnancy. However, as soon as I know I'm pregnant I'll probably start shopping around to get a feel for pricing. I also plan on buying Baby Bargains 2013 or some Consumer Reports guide. I love to research the heck out of stuff!
    TTC #1 since Oct. 2012 | BFP Feb. 21, 2014!
    imageimage
  • When we were TTGP with baby #1 I think we had half a wardrobe before I even got pregnant. I had a baby clothes buying problem Wink
    image  image
    Carina 12.28.2010 | Aurelia 9.23.12 | Chart - Round 3
  • imageMrsHennyBee:
    I crochet baby hats/booties/blankets - trying to make enough products to sell, and I have put aside a couple of the cuter/cozy things I've made for our future baby.  I haven't purchased anything though. 

I crochet too and have done the same. I don't have much set aside but I would like to give DH a pair of booties to tell him I'm ku when it happens 

• I always looked through clearance racks and if I found something neutral and a great price, I put it away for when we did get a positive.  Once we knew we were pregnant, we bought a neutral shower robe / towel with ducks, but other than that, no.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • BG09BG09 member
    I bought a newborn onesie from etsy with one of those heart tattoo designs with "daddy" on it that would work for a boy or a girl. I plan to give it to DH when/if we find out we're pregnant.

Oh and I guess I also bought a pack of those little headbands for baby girls because they were on sale for super cheap.

Other than that, I'm not buying anything else until we're pregnant... Exce
    BabyFetus Ticker
    BabyFruit Tickerimage

• BG09BG09 member
    I bought a newborn onesie from etsy with one of those heart tattoo designs with "daddy" on it that would work for a boy or a girl. I plan to give it to DH when/if we find out we're pregnant.

Oh and I guess I also bought a pack of those little headbands for baby girls because they were on sale for super cheap.

Other than that, I'm not buying anything else until we're pregnant... Except for maybe a pair of tiny little socks to give to my DH with the onesie. ;
    BabyFetus Ticker
    BabyFruit Tickerimage

• BG09BG09 member
    Oops, sorry about the double post. On my phone and can't delete the first one.
    BabyFetus Ticker
    BabyFruit Tickerimage

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"