Cloth Diapering

Alva newborn review?

Anyone use them? I'm thinking I'd like to get a few pockets for quick nighttime changes.
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Alva newborn review?

• I used them when my dd was born. They definitely will fit a newborn! However for her the absorbency wasn't enough. Their microfiber wasn't the best. When I stuffed with a prefold though they worked great! Plus the price is awesome!
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • I loved them, and I'm in the minority, but I preferred the snaps to the aplix and could get a tighter fit that way. Their NB MF inserts SUCK, though, so I'd definitely order some of their bamboo inserts!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BabyFruit Ticker

• Loading the player...
  • I loved how they fit but I always got leaks :(

BabyFetus TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • The did not fit my NB well; the leg holes were way too big. The only way I could get them to fit was to twist the tabs, and then they seemed like they were uncomfortable. I absolutely did not trust them for use overnight. They are finally starting to fit DD3 now at 3 months, 11 lbs, and 25". I still won't use them overnight, and I try not to use them when we go out because the fit still isn't great. I never tried the microfiber. I hate the bulkiness of it, so I use NB size Alva bamboo or blend inserts instead. The pockets are tiny and hard to stuff. The diapers are super trim, so I really wanted to love them. I think they're just okay.

For overnight diapers we used Kawaii Pure & Naturals during the newborn stage, stuffed with a NB size Alva blend insert. I wish I had purchased more Kawaii P&Ns and less Alva NBs.

Annalise Marie 05.29.06
    Charlotte Ella 07.16.10
    Emmeline Grace 03.27.13
  • I have a 9 day old and they do not fit :-( the gap around his skinny legs is laughable! I'm hoping I'll get some use out of them, but at least I only bought 3. FWIW none of my newborn dipes fit him, the only thing that currently works are flats and a bummis newborn cover. 

• My LO was 8lbs at birth and they didn't fit for a good month (he was almost 10 lbs by the time they fit).

I also thought the inserts were terrible. We stuffed with a Nicki's s (I think - the orange edge) bamboo prefold and it worked great. Other than the P&Ns, these lasted the longest of all my newborn diapers.

I wouldn't worry too much about overnight diapers with a newborn, personally. By the time LO was sleeping long enough to warrant a special diaper for overnight, he was in his one size diapers.

January Siggy Challenge: Happy Dance

BabyFruit Ticker

BFP #1: 10-25-11, MC: 11-1-11 @ 5w5d
     BFP#2: 12-29-11, DS born September 2012
    TFAS: July 2014, BFP#3: 12-29-14
    , EDD 9-9-15

• I have a small 2.5 month boy. He is around 11 pounds and these fit him well. I have pee leaks a lot, but I think that is due to the bamboo inserts not absorbing fast enough when he pees a lot. Not much I can do about that. I have to pick between trimness or more absorbency, so I pick trimness and change more often.

I have the snaps. I am skeptical of velcro, and I have noticed he isn't a fan of the sound. Haha
    Chad and Fawn

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Anniversary

• imagemngildersleeve:
    I used them when my dd was born. They definitely will fit a newborn! However for her the absorbency wasn't enough. Their microfiber wasn't the best. When I stuffed with a prefold though they worked great! Plus the price is awesome!

What kind of prefold did you stuff it with and did you also use the microfiber insert? I can't find any NB inserts, but I have a feeling the insert it comes with won't be enough. 
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Pregnancy Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"