May 2013 Moms

BF Question

Just wondering how long it takes your LOs to nurse. My little man usually takes over 40 minutes minimum and I'm wondering if he's just a leisurely eater or ... Any responses would be appreciated.
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: BF Question

• 8 to 10 minutes on the left and 12 to 20 minutes on the right. So 20 to 30 minutes of actual eating with burping time in between.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • KashyKashy member

LO takes 30mins at least each time. He has taken up,to an hour before.  He takes longer when he is a bit sleepy.

Augustus David - Born 5/08/13

my read shelf:
    April's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
  • Loading the player...
  • Anywhere from 30 min to an hour. It goes a lot quicker when I am really engorged. I am glad I am not the only one. I thought ds was just a really slow eater! 

BabyFruit Ticker
  • 20 to 30 minutes if she is really hungry.  I think that my daughter just likes to snack, so we do a lot of little 10 minutes sessions too.
  • kmcd23kmcd23 member
    He would nurse all day long if I let him. I usually stop him between 20 and 25 minutes on each side. Sometimes he unlatches before that, but not often enough! With burping, I usually spend 50 minutes to an hour on feeding.
  • Between 10 and 20 minutes. In the beginning she would feed constantly but not anymore.

Pregnancy Ticker
  • DS is very efficient. He can nearly drain the breast in 7 mins. At night he rarely takes a second breast.

TTC #2:
    March - May 2014 - Natural cycles - no luck
    June 2014 - Clomid 50mg - BFN
    July 2014 - Clomid 50mg - BFN
    August 2014 - Clomid 50mg - BFN
    September 2014 - Clomid 50mg - Fingers crossed...

• The LC says DS has a slow nursing technique, thus he nurses for 30 min a couple times a day, but most times it is an hour or more. Sometimes I have DH give him a bottle while I pump because it takes so much less time!
  • 20 mins, sometimes 15. shes a good lil sucker! in the beginning it was 30-45 mins. 
    Siggy Challenge- Valentines Day FAIL Image and video hosting by TinyPic Anniversary BabyFetus Ticker
  • Usually under 15. Ds2 is a fast eater. DS1 would take forever and eat every 90 min. It's much easier this time!

View Full Size Image

• 50 minutes is an average for us. LC said he's laid back and just a slower eater who likes to take his time. Bc he is so slow, I breastfeed during the day and pump for him at night.

• Thank you for your responses. It is nice to hear that there are other moms out there who have LOs that take a little longer to eat. I am a little jealous of those of you with LOs that eat a little faster, but oh well. I haven't had a chance to go to a breastfeeding group yet and I wanted to get feedback from ladies experiencing this right now. Thanks again!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"