January 2013 Moms
Options

Bottles - Dr. Browns to...?

Hi there,

My little guy is almost 6 months old and has always used the Dr. Brown's bottles due to excesive gas and reflux.  They have worked wonderfully for him.  I believe his gas and reflux are much much better and I would like to move to a bottle that has LESS parts to clean and sterilize.  I tried the Playtex drop-in yesterday with him and although he'll eat from anything (he's always starving and a great eater) it looked to me like he was uncomfortable with the nipple since it is larger and softer.  Are there any bottles you can all suggest that will be easier for this mom?

Thanks so much!

p.s. when did you all introduce a sippy cup with water?

Re: Bottles - Dr. Browns to...?

• Options

From day one we've used the Playtex Ventair, no drop ins, but I like the angled bottle. He uses Avent at d/c and seems to have no issue between the two.

We started giving him a sippy of water a few weeks ago when we started solids in his high chair. He usually just knocks it over or picks it up and swings it around and he'll chew on it too. I think he has only gotten a little water maybe twice. But I mostly do it because I want him to become familiar with one.  

Henry Cavill...You're welcome!

BFP #3: EDD 1/10/13 **DS born 12/30/12!!!**
    BFP #2: MC 7/2/11 @ 12 weeks
    **Missing our February '12 LoveBug**
    BFP #1: MMC discovered on 12/6/10

Anniversary

• Options
    We introduced a sippy of water a few weeks ago so DD  could get used to it.  She has never taken a bottle so we were trying to find another way to get her to drink pumped milk.  Since we introduced it she has loved playing with it and just recently has learned to suck effectively on it although sometimes she needs help holding it in position.  We have tried a few types of sippy cups and this is our favorite one to start with: https://www.walmart.com/ip/NUK-5-oz-Tie-Dye-Learner-Cups-with-Silicone-Spout-BPA-Free-2pk/22664352?findingMethod=rr  It doesn't spill, it is easy for her to grip and the small, soft spout seems like an easier transition than others.  
    11/2010 Diagnosed with PCOS 
    10/31/11 M/C at 9 weeks
    1/12/13 DD was born
    4/9/16 DS was born 
    9/17 CP 
    6/23/18 BFP EDD 3/4/19 

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    imagejobiann:

From day one we've used the Playtex Ventair, no drop ins, but I like the angled bottle. He uses Avent at d/c and seems to have no issue between the two.

We started giving him a sippy of water a few weeks ago when we started solids in his high chair. He usually just knocks it over or picks it up and swings it around and he'll chew on it too. I think he has only gotten a little water maybe twice. But I mostly do it because I want him to become familiar with one.  

I sweat by these bottles!!! 

• Options
    eb1113eb1113 member

This may be a dumb question... but do you have to use the inside pieces to the Dr. Brown's bottles?  My DD1 used those and I know there were a few times I totally forgot to put that part in.  I don't remember what happened though.

With DD2, she hated those, so we use the Momma bottles.  Those are the only ones she likes.  At the baby sitter's house, she drinks from Nuby bottles, simliar to these: https://nuby.com/en/nuby/bottle-feeding/1128/.

We haven't introduced water yet, but with DD1, we did at around 6 months.  

Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • Options
    A2TPA2TP member
    You can use Dr Brown nipples on Playtex Ventaire bottles, which are easier to clean. 
    DS1: 09.12.10
    DS2 & DD1: 01.14.13
  • Options
    imageeb1113:
    This may be a dumb question... but do you have to use the inside pieces to the Dr. Brown's bottles? nbsp;My DD1 used those and I know there were a few times I totally forgot to put that part in. nbsp;I don't remember what happened though.With DD2, she hated those, so we use the Momma bottles. nbsp;Those are the only ones she likes. nbsp;At the baby sitter's house, she drinks from Nuby bottles, simliar to these: https://nuby.com/en/nuby/bottlefeeding/1128/.We haven't introduced water yet, but with DD1, we did at around 6 months. nbsp;

yes you do if not they will begin to leak
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"