December 2011 Moms

Moving

Have any of you ladies moved with a LO who is about 19 months old? We are moving out of our house into an apartment until mid-September, when our new build home should be finished. It will be quite a big adjustment- going from almost 2000 sq ft to about 800....

We will have two bedrooms, but LO will definitely have the space to run around that he is used to. There is a small playground right behind our building, but it's so freaking hot here that the evening is the only time we could use it.

I was just wondering if any of you have moved lately and how your LO adjusted...or if they noticed at all! 

Re: Moving

• -T--T- member

We are moving this weekend!!!

Very similar situation to you - moving to a 2 bedroom apartment until our house is done in October/November. There's a little park across the street from the apartment. We currently have 2400 square feet, going to roughly 800 also. I am so excited to not have to clean all day long!

I think we will spend lots of time on walks and going to the park. I'm planning to put toys in both the living room and DS's bedroom so we can have a little change in scenery. Maybe go to the library when I just need to get out of the house. I'm thinking my checkbook will take a big hit because I'll want to just get out and walk around Kmart or something.

Let me know how it's going - I would love to get some suggestions too! 

• we just moved to a new city about a month ago. We also built our new home. We had made severael visits out there furing the building process though so DS had been there several times. His new room is set up pretty much the same as his old was & we haven't needed to buy a bunch of new furniture or anything like that. Everything is familiar I guess. Now that we have the room, we've even picked up a few new toys for him that he has loved.

DS seems to have adjusted just fine really. Even with his new day care. He loves it there. 

My 2 December boys

• Loading the player...
  • Leap08Leap08 member
    We moved into a bigger house when DD1 was about 15 months, so a bit younger. She had a little trouble falling asleep for about a week, and that's about it. We tried to keep our routines the same, and I think that helped.
    Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • We moved in mid-May, so DS was about 16.5 months. With the help of packers/movers, we got everything packed, moved, and unpacked in 2 days while DS was in daycare. I think that made a huge difference for him. Our priority was keeping his environment as stable as possible, so his room was the first one we set up. His sleeping situation didn't change at all (except for location) from one night to another.

Our biggest issue was light. Our new house is MUCH lighter and brighter than our old place, so we needed to scramble to find a blackout solution (the sun sets right now around 10:30 at night and rises at 4 a.m.).

~ Married 10.30.04 ~
    DS1 born 12.31.11 ~ DS2 born 2.4.14

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • We moved to our current house about 3 months ago. I was worried he would freak bc he doesn't like any changes. Overnight trips in hotels seriously mess with him. But surprisingly he did great. Of course, we had just the opposite as far as size was concerned. Our previous house was about 1400 sq ft and our new house is almost 4000, so both of the boys love having lots of room to run around!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • imagelaken256:
    We moved to our current house about 3 months ago. I was worried he would freak bc he doesn't like any changes. Overnight trips in hotels seriously mess with him. But surprisingly he did great. Of course, we had just the opposite as far as size was concerned. Our previous house was about 1400 sq ft and our new house is almost 4000, so both of the boys love having lots of room to run around!

Thanks for all the tips ladies! He will be at daycare or with my mom when we finally move in to the new house, so we'll be sure to get his room set up first and keep it close to what he's used to. 

Once we leave the apartment, we are going from 800 to 3600 square feet, so that will be interesting! I'm excited that LO will have a true playroom in the new house and DH will have his long-awaited media room. I, on the other hand, and stoked about my new kitchen! 

-T-, I'm also excited about less to clean! Although the small kitchen is not something I'm looking forward to in terms of actually using it...Good luck on the house! It's fun and stressful at the same time. But we didn't want to have to time everything perfectly to sell and close on our new house at the same time. The apartment isn't ideal, but at least our house is sold! 

Jen, we also visit ours a lot- it's very cool to see the progress! 

• imageiluvmylab:

imagelaken256:
    We moved to our current house about 3 months ago. I was worried he would freak bc he doesn't like any changes. Overnight trips in hotels seriously mess with him. But surprisingly he did great. Of course, we had just the opposite as far as size was concerned. Our previous house was about 1400 sq ft and our new house is almost 4000, so both of the boys love having lots of room to run around!

Thanks for all the tips ladies! He will be at daycare or with my mom when we finally move in to the new house, so we'll be sure to get his room set up first and keep it close to what he's used to. 

Once we leave the apartment, we are going from 800 to 3600 square feet, so that will be interesting! I'm excited that LO will have a true playroom in the new house and DH will have his long-awaited media room. I, on the other hand, and stoked about my new kitchen! 

We have a designated playroom that I painted in a farm theme and got animal and tractor stickers for the wall. They absolutely LOVE that room!!! Their actual bedroom is a race car theme and it's pretty awesome too, but the playroom is their favorite! Dh has a man cave now, and my favorite room in the house is our big walk in pantry! Lol it's great! Lol you'll love all the new room! I still can't figure out how we got all of our stuff in our smaller house now! Lol
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"