October 2013 Moms

Holy crap, groceries!!!

Groceries are ''stupid expensive.'' Tonight, I spent 375.00 on groceries...I can't imagine what our bill will be like when both of my boys are teenagers!!!!

How often do you go grocery shopping and about how much do you spend monthly?

I easily spend about 600.00 a month, for 3 adults and 1 4.5 year old.
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Holy crap, groceries!!!

• I think we spend 300 to 400 month for 2 adults and a 2 year old.

imageimageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• imagekicius56:
    I would guess somewhere between 6001,000 a month. It's expensive around me.

Holy crap!!!!!!!
  • Loading the player...
  • I spend about 350 every two weeks for two adults and two 15 month olds and 3 dogs. 

• We spend about $400 a month give or take. I keep the house pretty well stocked so when we go it's usually for milk, bread, and produce. We also shop from Sam's about twice a year which is usually about $300 a trip but that's for all meats, toilet paper, paper towels, and other food items. 

That is for just H and I. 

• I would spend about 800 a month when I went to the store but now I get it delivered so I don't aisle shop which saves a ton. I would say about 3 to 400 a month now. And every other month I need big stuff like dog and cat food, diapers, paper towels and toilet paper.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • I budget $75 weekly for groceries for 2 adults. That doesn't include including paper products, beauty products, soap, etc. I try to buy in bulk from Sam's because I think I save, but I honestly have no idea if I am. I also shop at Aldi's first and get as much as I can, and then go to Meijer/Kroger for the rest of my shopping. If I meal plan and get a ton from Aldi, I can save around $25-50.

• I have no idea. A lot. If we're talking just straight food that me and H eat I would say $600ish? Pet food is another $200 and then things like TP, paper towels, etc..who knows.....
  • If we're talking just food, I try to keep it 200 or below a month. Throwing in non food items maybe bumps it up to 300. We are on a super tight budget, and I rarely cook full meals because of DH's work schedule. I just bought a juicer though so the grocery bill will be higher once we start juicing.

imageLilypie - (jv05)
    imageimage
    imageimage
  • I was spending closer to 600 dollars for 2 adults and 2 kids.

But we signed up for Emeals and I go to Winco and we are down to 400 this month. That includes eating out.
    Charlotte 12.3.09
    Madeline 6.24.11
    Eleanor 9.30.13
  • Wow, that is actually really good!! I have been trying to cut back... I have been spending around 1200!! But I have been shopping at the really nice markets, I need go there just for the good meat and fish.... and I don't even cook dinners all that much lately :P
  • Ours are about 400 a month. I feel like we are always hosting something, otherwise I could lower it once I stocked up on meat.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Tickerimage

• I spend anywhere between 70-100 a week for 2 adults and a 2 year old.  That's just at the grocery store.  I know we spend more whne we go out ot lunch at work.  I've got to get a handle on it beofre this one comes because we'll be on a super tight budget!
     Baby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I almost had a heart attack when I realized that my 600 a month doesn't even include the small trips to the grocery store...in our tiny town. Those trips are always killer, or the monthly eating out bill.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"