TTC After a Loss

Hair opinions anyone?

So I have a hair appointment at 11:30 this morning and I'm conflicted. The last time I went in I was all ready to go for a pixie cut, but my stylist felt like it was too dramatic a change all at once and wasn't fully comfortable doing it, so we went for a shorter version of what I already had (a little above chin length bob). I have naturally curly hair and although I usually straighten it, in the summertime with the humidity that just doesn't happen, so I've been wearing it curly. Now that I'm headed back in I'm conflicted on whether I just keep what I've got or still go for the pixie I wanted last time...HELP!? I was feeling in a hair rut before, since I've had essentially the same cut for 2-3 years.

Right now it's basically this cut, but a little shorter:

Curly looks like this:

And here it is a few years ago, much shorter:

Right now I looooove this:

Teeny pixie cutie...I think my hair is too curly for this but I love it.

But I'm wondering how that will translate when it's curly? Thoughts?! I'm so conflicted.

July TTCAL Siggy Challenge - Favorite Children's Book
Donkey-Donkey - Roger Duvoisin  1968  Vintage Childrens Book
Surprise BFP 5/15/12, EDD 1/29/13, mm/c @ 8wks, discovered at 11wks, D&C 7/11/12
AF finally arrived on Christmas after 167 days of waiting.
TTA until January 2014
Follow Me on Pinterestimageimage
PGAL/PAL always welcome

Re: Hair opinions anyone?

• DCWJesDCWJes member
    I would wait until it gets cooler. I have wavy hair and I have had a pixie. The shorter versions are easy cause they don't curl but a longer version is a PITA in the summer when you don't want to straighten.
    I have short term memory loss. Do not take it personally if I do not remember you right away.
    No longer trying to conceive at all.
    BFP #1 12/1/02 DD born 7/25/03 
    BFP #2 7/23/10 EDD 3/30/11 m/c 8/17/10 We will always miss you Angelique Marie! 
     BFP #3 4.13.11 EDD 12.18.11 m/c 5/13/11 d&c 5/18/11 We will always miss you Sprout Ryker! 
     Lucky Lee (furbaby) born 1.29.12 
     Midnight Marie (furbaby) born 7.4.12 passed for unknown reasons 9.19.12 Missing my jumping bean. 
    image image
    image image
    Follow Me on Pinterest
    ♥♥ Pg/PAL Welcome! ♥♥ 
    http://indulgy.com/post/4gbObIOiC1/bazinga
  • Hmm.  I have the same problem.  I have curly hair too and I like to wear it curly.  I love that look as well, but I can't envision it curly...sorry I'm no help - just wanted you to know you have a companion in the "WTH do I do with my bipolar hair?!" department!  haha

married my best friend 10/04/08, TTC since July 2012
    BFP#1 Thanksgiving 11/22/12, mo-mo twins(one sac), traditional EDD 7/27/13, EDD due to risk 6/15/13
    mmc Angel 2/7/13 @ 15w3d, mmc Aubrey 2/13/13 @ 16w2d, D&E 2/16/13

BFP#2 9/21/13, EDD 6/2/14, DD born 5/17/14 

imageimage image

All AL always welcome in my threads!

• Loading the player...
  • Your hair in all three of your pictures is SUPER cute!!  You could definitely pull off the pixie cut that you have posted but I'm not sure how it will be curly.  

In the third picture it's only a little bit longer than the short cut and it looks great-was that summer or winter?  If it was in the summer, I say do the pixie!  Smile

BFP #1 October 2008 | m/c Thanksgiving weekend | November 2008 | 7 weeks 2 days
    BFP #2 February 2009 | m/c March 2009 | 4 weeks 3 days
    Testing on mom and dad for possible reasons all came back normal.
    BFP #3 8/4/2009 | DD born 3/28/10 @ 38 weeks
    BFP #4 5/13/11 | m/c 6/15/11 | 8 weeks 6 days
    BFP #5 2/13/13 | CP 2/19/13 | 4 weeks 
    BFP #6 3/21/14 | Heard the HB on 4/16 | m/c 4/21/14 | 9 weeks
    Testing results all returned normal and baby was a GIRL.
    More testing on mom and dad for other issues all returned normal results.
    BFP #7 10/15 | DS born 6/4/16 @ 36 weeks 
    BFP #8 9/28/17 AHHH!!!  |  EDD 6/6/18

"Dear Lord, I would have loved to have held my babies on my lap & tell them about you, but since I didn't get the chance, would you please hold them on your lap & tell them about me?"
    All are welcome!

Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker
  • I was just googling some examples of pixie cuts, you can check out some of halle berrys pics. She had a curly pixie and it looked pretty cute I think.

mean_girls_35345Image and video hosting by TinyPic         PAL Sep challenge George Takei image
    Started dating in 5/9/05, Married 6/25/11
    Started TTC Feb 2013, BFP #1 3/4/13 EDD 11/10/13. MMC 4/9/13 D&C 4/22/13.
    BFP #2 7/17/13, EDD 3/29/14 ended in a CP on 7/22/13.
    BFP#3 8/19/13 EDD 5/3/14 Nerdling was born 4/29/14, welcome little one!
     All AL welcome.

image   Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers
  • imageeme520:

As a curly haired person with shorter hair (not as short as that though) I think you totally have the facial and jaw structure to get it cut like that. I know you know this, but it will be even shorter curly and the shorter  you go the curlier you get and even that much shorter (how many times can I say shorter in a post?)

I say go for it! You are cute and have the right look for it and if all else fails it will grow out. 

Edit: spelling, I can't spell today

All this. My hair is super long right now (too long - getting it cut finally tomorrow) but I have had it very short in the past and even without my hair being particularly curly, it curled up and did its own thing when it was very short. I LOOOVE Michelle Williams' cut in the picture above, but I feel like *slightly* longer might look better curly, like this (or a tad shorter in back but the same in front):

imageimage
    BFP with #1 (twins!) 11/18/2011 - missed m/c at 8weeks3days; d&c 1/19/2012; myomectomy to remove 18cm+,10cm & 5cm fibroids 4/2012; TTC again 7/2012; BFP #2 (twins) 11/13/2012; missed m/c at 7weeks;
    BFP #3: baby girl born 3/5/2014

Balaustine: an anthology about wanting family
  • I don't really have an opinion but wanted to say you look great in all these pics, LL!

4 Losses (2003, 2008, Apr 2012, & Oct 2012)
    All RPL and IF testing with multiple REs = normal

5 IUIs = BFN

All AL are welcome
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

• Your hair looks great in all those pics. I say go for the pixie!  You can pull it off. I have curly hair too and I've had a short pixy cut and it was fine, even in the summer. 

BFP#1  9/5/12, MMC, MC confirmed 10/9/12,          
                D&C 12/12/12
    BFP#2 7/30/13, EDD 4/12/14, DS born 4/14/14

imageimage

• As a straight haired person -I LOVE the short curly bob. I think it looks fun and breezy for the summer, and if you can scrunch and go, that would be even better. Maybe wait for winter to go shorter when you don't mind spending the time with the blow dryer? I think you look awesome in all the pics, btw!
    *** TW ***
    2013: BFP #1 - M/C 3/13
    2014: IVF #1-4 = BFFN
    2015: Dance break = got healthy
    7/2016: IVF #5 = BFP!!!
    Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker
  • imageVeganlady:
    The difference in length doesn't seem too much between the pixie and the third photo, which is completely adorable. If you get the pixie and you don't like it, it wouldn't be that long to grow it to the third pic's length. You never know until you try!

I agree with Veganlady.  

Does your hair curl way up by the roots?  If it doesn't, you may not have to worry about it getting curly with the pixie cut. 

• I think either would be a really cute option.  As a fellow curly girl who just chopped her hair to bob length, I say go with whatever style is most comfortable in the hot summer months as well as the easiest to maintain.  GL and have fun at the salon!

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Daisypath Anniversary tickersLilypie Angel and Memorial tickers    
      *All AL Welcome*    imageimage

• You've got the face for a pixie cut.  Go for it!
    BFP 11/24/2012  MMC 1/21/2013 - BFP 3/29/2013  MC 4/8/2013 - BFP 4/25/2013 MC 5/6/2013 - 5/17/2013 Diagnosed with LPD - BFP 8/24/13  MC 9/6/2013
    BFP: 12/19/13  - Beta 1@11dpo: 26.8 - Beta 6@23dpo: 3,672
    Our Rainbow Son Born August 26, 2014
    Lilypie - (nueR)
    All ALers welcome!
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • I'm late to the game, but I say go for it! I have curly hair and I cut it that short after high school and liked it a lot, even when I wore it curly. Show us an updated pic after the cut!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

Lilypie Pregnancy tickersImage and video hosting by TinyPic

~Amanda
    All are welcome in my posts

• LLP, you will rock that hair cut! I say go for it. 

The day the Bump died - Jasper is wise
  • Thanks for all the feedback ladies! Sorry I didn't reply before I went. I ended up sticking with the same thing for now, but shortening all the layers up a bit. I like it and will probably go for the pixie next time or when it's closer to fall. I have had a pixie in the past and loved it, then grew my hair out for our wedding and haven't gone quite that short since. The only thing I hated about the pixie was growing it out again. Anyway, I'll post pics later of my new-ish do. I don't love how my hairdresser styled it, so I want to fix it first. Thanks again!

July TTCAL Siggy Challenge - Favorite Children's Book
    Donkey-Donkey - Roger Duvoisin  1968  Vintage Childrens Book
    Surprise BFP 5/15/12, EDD 1/29/13, mm/c @ 8wks, discovered at 11wks, D&C 7/11/12
    AF finally arrived on Christmas after 167 days of waiting.
    TTA until January 2014
    Follow Me on Pinterestimageimage
    PGAL/PAL always welcome

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"