Toddlers: 12 - 24 Months

GTKY For Fun?!

GTKY (Get to Know You) For Fun?!...I thought we could do a short little post to meet or re-introduce ourselves?

How many kids do you have and what age(s)/sex?

How old are you?

What state do you live in/area of the country?

What's your occupation/field you work in?

What's your favorite part of being a parent?  Least favorite?

Best tip for 12-24mos baby mommies (Something another Mom could read and use with their LO right now for this age)

image Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BabyFruit Ticker

Re: GTKY For Fun?!

• I will start!

How many kids do you have and what age(s)/sex? One son, 12.5 months

How old are you? 30

What state do you live in/area of the country? Iowa

What's your occupation/field you work in?  Supervisor at a Manufacturing facility

What's your favorite part of being a parent?  Least favorite? Fave- just watching my son grow and change every day.  Least - I am a control freak so it's taken me a long time (and still working on it) getting used to not being able to figure out what is wrong with him...especially when I have tried everything and still can't figure it out:)

Best tip for 12-24mos baby mommies (Something another Mom could read and use with their LO right now for this age) I recently started ironing and laying out every outfit for the week on Sunday nights. Previously I was doing outfit selection and ironing in the mornings and it's SOOOO much easier doing this Sunday gig.

image Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BabyFruit Ticker
  • How many kids do you have and what age(s)/sex? 1, girl, almost 14 months.

How old are you?  30

What state do you live in/area of the country?  Massachusetts, just outside Boston

What's your occupation/field you work in?  Sales order admin in electronic manufacturing

What's your favorite part of being a parent?  Least favorite?  Favorite part is the snuggles/smiles/kisses!  Least favorite is no longer being able to choose when I get to sleep in or take a nap...that's all on her schedule.

Best tip for 12-24mos baby mommies (Something another Mom could read and use with their LO right now for this age).  Keep a drawer/cabinet in the kitchen filled with things they are allowed to play with.  I have a tupperware drawer and my plastic mixing bowls/spoons in a cabinet.  When I'm cooking dinner, it's the only thing that keeps her busy and happy.  I tried it with her toys and it didn't work, it had to be things she wasn't used to and didn't think of as "hers". 

Married DH 7/30/11

CSC arrived 5/7/12 

CHC arrived 6/2/14

• Loading the player...
  • How many kids do you have and what age(s)/sex? 1, 17 months

How old are you? 25

What state do you live in/area of the country? Maryland

What's your occupation/field you work in? Teacher (P.E. and a few other random classes)

What's your favorite part of being a parent? Seeing him learn new things, especially when I directly teach it to him.  Also, hugs and kisses :)

Least favorite? Having to leave him to go to work.  I didn't want to work when I had kids, but have to for financial reasons...so I have a little bit of working mom's guilt.

Best tip for 12-24mos baby mommies (Something another Mom could read and use with their LO right now for this age) Clean out your toys.  Pick a bunch to store elsewhere and bring them out periodically (rainy days, or just when he grows tired of the others).  It's more exciting to get "new toys", and less cleaning up of the 50 billion ones they pull out every day and then never play with.  Put a bunch of little ones in a bin by the door or in the garage to use as "car toys."

Anniversary

• How many kids do you have and what age(s)/sex? 1 boy, 13 months

How old are you? 33

What state do you live in/area of the country? Denver

What's your occupation/field you work in? SAHM

What's your favorite part of being a parent? Least favorite? Favorite is seeing him growing and understanding the world more and more each day. The hardest is meals... I don't like to cook so I usually would just make a quick meal for myself (like a sandwich or cereal, even for dinner) but now I have to make actual meals so he eats healthy and starts having good eating habits.

Best tip for 12-24mos baby mommies: remember that they will emulate everything they see... my LO has just started grunting when something doesn't go the way he wanted it, something both DH and I do... oh oh, better be really careful with the example we are setting.

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
    Me: 38 DH: 36
    Married 8/27/2011
    BFP #1 9/28/2011 DS born 5/22/2012
    BFP #2 4/24/2013 m/c 4/25/2013 at 4w
    BFP #3 1/31/2014 DD born 10/14/2014
    BFP #4 1/20/2016 m/c 2/12/2014 at 7w2d
    BFP #5 8/19/2016 DS2 born 4/29/2017
    BFP #6 3/7/2018 EDD 11/18/2018

• How many kids do you have and what age(s)/sex?  Just 1, a 19 month old boy

How old are you? I am 28

What state do you live in/area of the country? I live outside Chicago, IL

What's your occupation/field you work in? I'm a SAHM currently, but I also write a blog

What's your favorite part of being a parent?  Least favorite? Watching my son grow is so rewarding. Least favorite would be the lack of time I have to spend on cleaning my house now, I feel like it's always a mess!

Best tip for 12-24mos baby mommies (Something another Mom could read and use with their LO right now for this age) Have fun with this age, it's so fun! 

BFP #1: 3.28.11 Dx w/ PIH @ 24w DS Born @ 36w: 11.7.11 6 Days in NICU
    BFP #2: 8.31.16 Dx w/ GD @ 28w DD Born @ 36w: 4.21.17

• almost 18 mo old boy and I am 26 weeks pregnant (Due Oct. 2, DS will be almost 21 mo and we are team Green with this one)

I turn 35 (yikes, how did that happen) next Wednesday :P

I live in MD (DC metro area)

I am a SAHM (used to work in Oral surgery)

Fav part of being a Mom is watching DS grow, learn, and experience new things. I LOVE the excitement I get in DS experiencing things that we take for granted (i.e.: a ferry ride, or really noticing a butterfly for the first time)

Least Fav: Not getting enough "Me" time, DH works A LOT during the week (knew it would be like this when he started his own company) but it takes its toll. I feel guilty sometimes for wishing we were at school age already so I can get a good workout in or get a pedicure and my hair done without having to schedule it like crazy. (OR clean my house ALL in 1 day like I used to!)

Best tip: It has taken me a while to learn this and I still struggle with it.... don't sweat the small stuff. I used to feel like I had to be the PERFECT SAHM... well guess what, you don't. I usually always have a load of laundry to fold, a bathroom to clean or dishes in the sink (esp now, this pregnancy has been rough) I force myself to let it go (within reason) and spend time with DS or nap when I need to.  

• RedDDDRedDDD member

How many kids do you have and what age(s)/sex?  (1 +) My son is almost 15 months and I am due with #2 in Sept.)

How old are you?  35

What state do you live in/area of the country?  MN (Twin Cities area)

What's your occupation/field you work in?  Corporate Paralegal for Investment Manager

What's your favorite part of being a parent? Least favorite?  Favorite: is seeing the rapid growth and development.  It seemes like now he is doing things more and more and changing every day, fun to watch.  I think its also fun to watch my DH with him.  They are buddies.  I feel like DH is such a natural as a father and I still feel awkward!  :)  Least Favorite:  figuring out meals.  just a constant battle.  I feel like I stress about how last night he ate gold fish and a hot dog (gross) but setting up meals that are healthy and easy to feed him right now is such a B!  I look forward to when he can handle taking bites and eating more on his own. 

Best tip for 12-24mos baby mommies (Something another Mom could read and use with their LO right now for this age)  Tip:  I guess follow your instinct and do whats right for you.  Just because the Pedi tells you they shoudl be weened off bottles by One doesn't mean you are going to hell if they are still drinking a couple a day.  He will grow up and not drink out of a bottle one day.  I think there are so many things to stress about as a parent and its easy to lose sight and stress about every single thing (the food the eat, like I said above :), the number of bottles or sippy cups, when they start walking, they aren't saying many words yet...etc)  its a lot.  if you stress about every single freakin thing you never stop to enjoy this age.  So relax and enjoy. 

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

• How many kids do you have and what age(s)/sex? 1 daughter, 17 months

How old are you? 26

What state do you live in/area of the country? Alabama

What's your occupation/field you work in? City government

What's your favorite part of being a parent? Being with my daughter for new experiences and seeing the joy/amazement on her face

Least favorite? Lack of time/flexibility

Best tip for 12-24mos baby mommies? Be persistent. We've had to give my daughter iron supplements and the first weeks or so was horrible. She cried every time and I had to force it in her mouth. Now she doesn't fight it at all, and last week she actually said "more" after I gave it to her.

• imagesmdukes:

GTKY (Get to Know You) For Fun?!...I thought we could do a short little post to meet or re-introduce ourselves?

How many kids do you have and what age(s)/sex? 1 boy, 20 months

How old are you? 34

What state do you live in/area of the country? Denver, CO

What's your occupation/field you work in? Civil Engineering

What's your favorite part of being a parent?  Least favorite? I love being a mommy so much, I love the smiles, kisses, hugs, laughter...I love it.  My least favorite is that I wish I could keep him in a bubble and never let him feel pain...my mom has 4 kids, and if she loved us all this way, I'm amazed she was able to get anything done.

Best tip for 12-24mos baby mommies (Something another Mom could read and use with their LO right now for this age) I have found a cracked window in the car, or singing songs at home is the fastest way to soothe my little guy.

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers Anniversary
  • How many kids do you have and what age(s)/sex? Boy who is 15 months and a baby girl due today.

How old are you? 28

What state do you live in/area of the country? Tennessee

What's your occupation/field you work in? SAHM for now

What's your favorite part of being a parent?  Least favorite? Favorite part is when he learns a new skill. He's learning his body parts, and its such a joy to see him learn. 

Least favorite is the poopy diapers. This kid has some nasty ones and he poops all the time. Did I mention we do CD? 

Best tip for 12-24mos baby mommies (Something another Mom could read and use with their LO right now for this age)

Try and relax. Ive learned that my kid will learn and do what he wants on his own timetable. Patience is a virtue in the toddler stage. 

Marigold Celestial Nostrils to save the day with glitter and unicorn farts! Image and video hosting by TinyPicLilypie First Birthday tickersLilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Leap08Leap08 member
    How many kids do you have and what age(s)/sex? 2 girls - 3.5 yrs and 18 months

How old are you? 37

What state do you live in/area of the country? Idaho

What's your occupation/field you work in? Technical writer

What's your favorite part of being a parent? I love watching my kids figure something out for the first time. They have so much wonder and joy.

Least favorite? I miss having time to myself. I can't remember the last time I was home alone for more than 20 minutes.

Best tip for 12-24mos baby mommies (Something another Mom could read and use with their LO right now for this age) I think it's good to let toddlers try to do things for themselves, even if it takes more time or creates a mess. Things like eating with a spoon or walking up/down stairs (with help) or putting on shoes.  

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • How many kids do you have and what age(s)/sex? I have 3 kids. 2 boys & a girl. 14 yr old boy, 5 yr old boy & 14 month girl

How old are you? 30ish Stick out tongue

What state do you live in/area of the country? NJ

What's your occupation/field you work in? HUD

What's your favorite part of being a parent?  Least favorite? Favorite Part- is watching them grow up, first steps, words, school, friends, etc

Least Favorite-is trying to remember everything - between dinner, practices, new school supplies, friends, sleepovers, parties, baking, car pooling, games, homework, haircuts, shopping trips, new shoes, new clothes, the latest drama of the day episodes, ear infections, colds, fevers, It's just a LITTLE bit hectic. Different personalities......

Do not beat yourself up. It's not that serious. I have learned to smile (even if I want to bust out and cry)... You have to laugh at yourself sometimes.

• caybehcaybeh member
    How many kids do you have and what age(s)/sex? I have one boy and he is 15 months.

How old are you? 27

What state do you live in/area of the country? North Dakota

What's your occupation/field you work in? I'm a SAHM.

What's your favorite part of being a parent? All the hugs and kisses I get because I'm mom. :)

Least favorite? I don't know, maybe when DS is crabby all day. I'm ok with crabbiness, because hey I get crabby too. But when it is an all day thing, it gets old. I try to remain patient because I know he is a toddler and is learning how to deal with his emotions but it isn't so much fun.

Best tip for 12-24mos baby mommies (Something another Mom could read and use with their LO right now for this age) This age is fun, well I thought every age was fun, but just enjoy it. They grow up too fast!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BFP with #2- Sept 6, 2013  EDD May 20, 2014   MC Sept 26, 2013 @ 6 wks 2 days

•  

How many kids do you have and what age(s)/sex? I have 2- twins- boy and a girl- almost 15 months

How old are you? 29

What state do you live in/area of the country? NJ

What's your occupation/field you work in? Emergency medical services

What's your favorite part of being a parent? My favorite is the joy I get from watching them learn new things everyday-- I love the kisses, snuggles, and laughter... they are truly the BEST thing to ever happen to me' 

Least favorite? Working moms guilt-- I miss them so much during the week--- I get so sad when I miss all of the "firsts".

Best tip for 12-24mos baby mommies (Something another Mom could read and use with their LO right now for this age)-- I really don't have anything that wasn't already mentioned.... Sorry!

• salt78salt78 member

How many kids do you have and what age(s)/sex? Girl - almost 16m.

How old are you? 35

What state do you live in/area of the country? Maryland.

What's your occupation/field you work in? I'm a graphic designer (marketing/advertising).

What's your favorite part of being a parent?  Least favorite? Favorite: Watching her learn new things all the time. THE HUGS! Least favorite: Tantrums. Food throwing.

Best tip for 12-24mos baby mommies (Something another Mom could read and use with their LO right now for this age) Apparently the food throwing is normal. Don't let it get you down. It's just an unpleasant phase.

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • How many kids do you have and what age(s)/sex? 20 month old son

How old are you? 32

What state do you live in/area of the country? CA

What's your occupation/field you work in? Attorney

What's your favorite part of being a parent?  The extra joy in our life Least favorite? The lack of independence

Best tip for 12-24mos baby mommies (Something another Mom could read and use with their LO right now for this age) Everything our children do is part of their learning experience and is "just a phase."  It's important to remember that when they're driving you crazy.  They won't be like this forever. 

June '15 January Siggy Challenge.  Pinterest Fails

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
    BabyFruit Ticker

• How many kids do you have and what age(s)/sex? One daughter, 19 months old

How old are you? 30 next month

What state do you live in/area of the country? Iowa

What's your occupation/field you work in? I SAH now, but I went to school to be a funeral director. Prior to having DD, I worked in banking.

What's your favorite part of being a parent?  Least favorite? Favorite is just being able to watch her personality develop, and watching her become a little person :-).... Least favorite is probably the worrying!

Best tip for 12-24mos baby mommies (Something another Mom could read and use with their LO right now for this age) Stay outside as much as possible! 

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"