April 2013 Moms

BF Mom's - How much is your 12 week old eating

Hello fellow April mommies,

My little man was eating 4 oz. until about 9 weeks then we had to up him to 5 after that.  Just curious how many oz. your 12 week olds are eating?

New Mommy since 4/3/13

Re: BF Mom's - How much is your 12 week old eating

• She has always taken 3oz.

"I wanted you more than you'll ever know, so I sent love to follow wherever you go."

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Second Birthday tickers

image Follow Me on Pinterest

Ginny DX 21-Hydroxylase Deficiency Congenital Adrenal Hyperplasia

Charlie DX Specific Antibody Deficiency & ASD

• 3 to 4 ounces every 2.5 to 3 hours at daycare
    Married 6/4/11
    Reese born 3/23/13
    Due 9/14/16

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • 4 oz every 3 hours or so
  • I'm a SAHM and we EBF so I don't know exactly how much he is eating. BF babies don't generally need much more than 4 ounces at a feeding, as the milk changes to meet their needs.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • My mom watched him 2 weeks ago and I left 5 oz bottles just to be safe and, she called and said he still seemed hungry so I had her warm up another ounce. After that I left her 6 oz bottles and he finished them with nopproblem.
  • Before our nursing issues started at 12 weeks... she was taking 4-5oz BM every 3 hours or so, plus whatever she was getting while nursing.  I think she was in a growth spurt because she just gained 2 pounds seemingly overnight.
  • imageKrisM86:
    I'm a SAHM and we EBF so I don't know exactly how much he is eating. BF babies don't generally need much more than 4 ounces at a feeding, as the milk changes to meet their needs.

This.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • 3 and a half months, eats about 3 to 4 ounces at the most of pumped BM
     Image and video hosting by TinyPic!Image and video hosting by TinyPic
               Warner, our early surprise, born March 12, 2013!
            Watching You Grow Everyday, Right Before Our Eyes!
  • Another vote for the 3 and a half ounces range!

"I won't give up on us, even if the skies get rough, I'm giving you all my love, I"m still looking up."
    TTC #1 since August 2011 MFI Diagnosis - April 2012
    IVF #1 - July 2012 - Stims start 7/2, ER 7/12, 20 retrieved, 16 mature, 13 fertilized!
    ET - 7/17 - 1 blast transferred. Beta - 7/26 273, Beta 2 7/30 - 1143. Beta 3 8/6 - 11,597
    12/25 - Santa tells us "IT'S A GIRL!" EDD - April 4th

Our Little Easter Bunny has arrived!

Molly Mildred born 03/31/13

TTC A Sibling....... FET #1 11/14/14, Transferred one beautiful blast

Remaining four frosties arrested due to "embryologist error"

Plllllleasssee stick little icicle.....Beta 11/23...BFN

Starting ALL over with a fresh IVF cycle

Stims start 11/28/14, ER December 10th, 13 eggs retrieved, 11 mature, only 4 fertilized 

1 Blast Transferred on December 15th..... Beta Christmas Eve... Please Santa, bring me a baby!

Beta #1 345.....Beta #2....750/ First U/S 1/13/15/HB 131....EDD 9/2/2015

• I send three 4 oz bottles to day care with an extra 2 oz just in case. I ask they try 4 oz first and if he just won't settle they can give him an extra ounce. It ends up working out where he'll take 2- 5oz bottles and 1-4 oz while there from 9am-4:30pm.

I keep reading that BF babies shouldn't get more than 4 oz and its so easy to overfeed them...but I also trust my caregiver and if she thinks he needs more food, then I have no issue with giving him what he needs.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • V is 13 weeks and will usually take 3-4oz every 2-2.5  hours. If he eats more than that (sometimes he acts like it), he'll just be cranky and spit up a lot.
    OMG too many tickers...
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Kids Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"