Multiples

Selective IUGR Update

Had an appointment with my MFM today and doppler showed intermittent absent end diastolic flow to baby B. Basically when my heart pumps, he is getting flow but it is inconsistent. I guess the good news is that there is no sign of reverse flow yet. MFM says just because the situation worsened in the last two weeks doesn't mean that it will necessarily continue to get worse so I guess we just hope for the best at this point. I would feel a lot better if I was just a few weeks further along (I'm 24.5). They refused to do growth measurements since they just did two weeks ago, maybe that's for the best. A good report would have made me feel better but a bad one would have me even more worried. 

I go back next week and they may start steroid shots.My shower is this weekend and I'm just hoping I can keep it together.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Selective IUGR Update

• Hope they hold steady for you and nothing gets worse, or hopefully gets better! You are doing great.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • I had intermittent absent end flow at about the same gestation you are and it did level out and become normal for a while so there is hope!  I was seen twice a week, with growth u/s every three weeks.  

It's a difficult roller coaster to ride.  Good luck! 

• Loading the player...
  • I don't think I saw your original post on the siugr but just wanted to send good thoughts your way! My little one had absent flow mfm thought it was reversed starting at 24 weeks. He was measuring at about 10th percentile. They admitted me until delivery to monitor it very closely. The most frequently they did growth scans was every 2 weeks. Fortunately we made it to 28 weeks. Thats good your getting steroids, I hope it stays stable or improves! Are they di/di or mo/di?
  • I hope things are looking better at your next scan. While not related to cord flow one of my guys had IUGR. He was little but completely healthy.

Good luck and keep us posted!
    Saving money while raising more kids than you bargained for! Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • SWA80SWA80 member
    Thanks for the success stories, makes me feel better.

Mrs. Alice, they are mo di.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"