February 2013 Moms

How big is your baby?!

We took DD in for her 4 month well check and shots last Friday. She weighed in at 14.12 and measured 25.25 inches and the nurse freaked. Said she's HUGE. 90th percentile for height and 80th for weight. 

She seems average compared to other babies she's been around but it makes me curious.

She was 6.12 and 19.5 inches when she was born so I'm glad I'm providing enough for her but I really didn't think she was such a GIANT!

Lilypie First Birthday tickers kristendenise.blogspot.com

Re: How big is your baby?!

• If she's huge my son is a mammoth! He was 16lb 9oz and 26.5 inches at his four month!
  • My LO will be 17 weeks tomorrow. She was 17lbs and 24 inches at her 3 month appt. over 95 in weight and 90 for height
    she was 8lbs 9oz at birth
    I am EBF, I think I might have some extra strength breastmilk haha.
    Jenny DiLo
  • Loading the player...
  • I get that comment a lot as well! At my little guy's 4 month appt he weighed 16 lbs 4 oz and was 26.25 in long. So... I might not be the best one to ask but I think they are just fine! Lol
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFetus Ticker
  • imagejdilorenzo:
    My LO will be 17 weeks tomorrow. She was 17lbs and 24 inches at her 3 month appt. over 95 in weight and 90 for height she was 8lbs 9oz at birth I am EBF, I think I might have some extra strength breastmilk haha.

LOL And I thought my milk was crazy strong, that's some serious growth! ;) 

Lilypie First Birthday tickers kristendenise.blogspot.com
  • At 4 month visit he was 25.75 inches (79%) and 16 lbs (73%). He was 7 lbs 11 oz at birth. I don't think your baby is that big!
  • imageasoetenga:
    If she's huge my son is a mammoth! He was 16lb 9oz and 26.5 inches at his four month!

Lol! This was my exact thought! DD went to the pedi on Monday and she was 17 lbs 10 oz and 27 inches long! She will be 5 months on Sunday. I constantly get people thinking she is 6 - 7 months old. 

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Anniversary Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • ortjl7ortjl7 member
    well we haven't gone to her 4 month appt yet but at her 3 month she was 13 1/2 pounds and 24 1/2 in. long so I don't think that's unusual! they did say that she was on the tall side which is weird cause I'm 4'11 lol

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Pregnancy Ticker

• I have a little guy.... 12.6lbs (4th percentile), I think he was 24.75 inches (32nd percentile), and his head was 42.5cm (76th percentile).  But he is increasing in all percentiles, so that's good.  Was 6lbs at birth, dropped to 5lbs 5oz and had trouble gaining at first.

fwiw, my sisters was 16lbs 4oz at 4 months, her older son was over 18 at 4 months, she makes round babies. 

*** DS born February 21, 2013 - Toronto, Canada  ***
    imageimage
  • DS won't have his 4 month appt. until July 8th (which is really like 4.5 months), but at his 2 month he was 26.5 inches and weighed 15.2 lbs. I estimated he is about 28 inches and at least 18 lbs. He is a big guy! Doesn't look like a little 4 month old!

imageimageimage
  • imagekbiernesser:

We took DD in for her 4 month well check and shots last Friday. She weighed in at 14.12 and measured 25.25 inches and the nurse freaked. Said she's HUGE. 90th percentile for height and 80th for weight. 

She seems average compared to other babies she's been around but it makes me curious.

She was 6.12 and 19.5 inches when she was born so I'm glad I'm providing enough for her but I really didn't think she was such a GIANT!

my DD is almost exactly the same -- 14.14 for weight (they said it was 65% for weight, interesting haha)  and 25.5" and 88%. 

ETA: She was 8.6 and 21" at birth.  

• khazekhaze member
    My son is almost exactly the same size. 14 lbs 4 ozs 50 percentile, 26 inches 85 percentile.

Declan 2.21.2013
    Baby Boy #2 EDD 6.22.2015

BabyFruit Ticker

• a&s05a&s05 member
    DD was 7lbs 19" at birth. At 4 month check she was 13lbs 9oz 24"
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • My son was 25 3/4" and 17 lbs even at his 4 month well check Tuesday. Big boy!
    imageimageBaby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Our son had his 4mo check up today (he's really 18wks) He's 19 lbs 4oz (97th percentile) and I can't remember the height (terrible right?) but it was like 67th percentile. My pedi said he's healthy and perfect..... and apparently huge!
  • At birth he was 8lbs 5oz and 21" long. 

At his 4 mo appt (3weeks ago) he was 17lbs and 26" long.

He's definitely grown since then. I also EBF him- powerful stuff right there. Lol. People are always commenting on "how big he is!!!" :-)  

imageimage

Anniversary

• My baby is the same size and is on the 60 percent curve for both. 

We are so thankful that our second daughter, Lillian Elizabeth "Lily", was born healthy and happy on February 11, 2013.  We love her to pieces.  

We lost our first daughter, Hannah Grace on May 4, 2011.  She was buried on May 14 during a beautiful service at my home church. We are grateful that if she could not be here with us, that she is healed and whole with the Lord. We look forward to the day when we will get to meet her. We love her so much.

• Your nurse is a spaz. Jussaying...
    14.4lbs 24.25 inches.
    Apparently her length growth is pretty slow but she's a little chunk and right on target.

• My 4 month check up for lo is Saturday, so I don't have exact stats but last time I checked he was 16lbs 26 inches!
    photo 9304f105-c1e0-4769-a5f5-66ebac0208e2.jpg
  • We went in last week at a few days over 4 months. I have a dainty little lady. She was 11#13ozs an 23.75 inches. She was 6#12ozs and 19 inches at birth.
                    Our Blessing From God Through Adoption
                   Our Blessing After TTC for 6 Years (natural birth!)
                             EBFing, CDing, BWing, SAHM
  • I just took him, but now I don't remember! I know the weight was close to 17 lbs.  Both weight and height fell in the 85-90% range.  My DS1 has stayed in the 15% range his entire life, so we are shocked! :)

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickersLilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • My DD is pretty much exactly the same size (25.5 in. and 14 lb. 3 oz.) at her 4 month check up, and looking at the WHO growth chart, it looks like it's closer to 55th percentile for weight. Crazy for my LO though, she was only in the 25th percentile for height two months ago! But she can fit in anywhere from 0-3 to 3-6 month sized clothes haha.

• imageally2011:
    My baby is the same size and is on the 60 percent curve for both. 

It depends if they're using the WHO growth chart (for BF babies) or the CDC chart (for formula fed babies). 

• As of yesterday (18w 1d), DD was 13lb and 25.3 inches long. Percentiles .... I haven't been paying attention since her weight has been so slowly crawling up. As long as she is meeting her milestones, I'm a happy mama. 
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

• We went for our 5mth check today and our little miss is now 16lbs 12oz and 25 inches.

I EBF so am I'm super happpy with her progress as she was delivered  2 weeks early at 5lbs 12oz , 18 inches.

At 4 months my DS -who was delivered on his due date at 8lbs 7oz,  19.6 inches- was packing 19.6lbs and 26 inches! Now that's a big boy!! 

• My DD was 6 weeks premature....4lb1 oz  and 17.5 inches at  birth and at 4 mths (really 18 weeks old) she was 9 lb 14 oz and 22.5 inches

• imageDC2London:
    That's absurd.  My little rugger was 18#6oz at 4 months and I think 27" long.
    Sounds like our little guys are the same size.
    imageimageimage
  • 20 lbs 10 oz and 27 1/2 inches at his 4 month check up. Ebf. My pedi and husband also a doc think he's perfectly fine!
  • My is 12.5 pounds and 25.5 inches long.  He's in the 5th % for weight and 25th for height. He was 7 lbs 5 oz and 21 inches long at birth.
  • Today is our 4 month birthday, and she weighs 13 lbs 9 oz.

She was 6 lbs 7 oz at birth. 

BabyFruit Ticker
  • We have our "4 Month" this Monday (our doctor's schedule is a little different from the norm) but I know LO is at least 15, if not 16, pounds.  No clue on height.

• My DS was 19lbs 4oz and 25.75 inches at his 4 month appt. he's a thick boy. :
  • 13.2lbs(44th percentile) and  24.5 inches(61st percentile). At birth she was 8.12lbs and 20.0 inches, she lost weight so it took over a month to get her above birth weight! She gained 2lbs between her 3month and 4 month appts. 

• DD is 10lbs 2 oz at her 4 month.  off the chart - 0 % but DD#1 is always only in the 3%
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • That's weird. DS weighed 13 lbs at 4 months and was only in the 11th percentile. Pedi said he was perfect. Also, he is noticeably smaller then most babies his age. To me, 14 lbs is more on the average side at 4 mo. Not big at all.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Our Sweet Boy "LJ"
  • VespahVespah member
    DS was 17 lb 3 oz at his 4 month appt and 25" long. I grow big babies though his sister was 3 oz heavier at 4 months.
    Derek - February 2013        Caelyn April 2011
    imageimage

• Two weeks ago we had a urology consult at our Children's Hospital and DS was fifteen lbs. four ozs. and was 25 and 3/4 inches. So I'm assuming at this point his probably close to or a little over 16 lbs. and somewhere in the 26 inch range. He will be 5 months old in two days.
  • At his 4 month check DS was 16lbs 8 ozs and 27 inches long.  Lol he is a beast.  But he was a big baby too 9lbs 14 ozs 22 inches long.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • My ds was 14.8and 25 long at 3 months... and he was bornat 35 weeks. At some point he started gaining over a pound per week (oink). I am good at making chunky babies. The pediatrician told is perfect. Babies are suppose to be juicy. Dont worry your ped must be jealous of beautiful baby
  • DD was 13lb 14oz and 25.5 inches at her 4month checkup. She's EBF, too.
    Proud Momma to two beautiful children!!!

• DS2 had his 4 month appointment yesterday.  14 lbs 11 oz, 25 1/2 inches.  His percentages were much lower than your daughter's.  He was 8 lb 4 oz and 20 inches at birth.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"