January 2013 Moms

UO Thursday

Anyone have one?

Mine is I've finally accepted and am perfectly ok with the fact that most of DS's purees are going to be gerber. I'm going to try to make some here and there, but I'm done stressing about it!

BFP #1: 05/2012 DS born 12/30/12

BFP #2: 02/2014 Natural M/C 03/2014 @ 7 weeks

BFP #3: 06/2014 EDD: 02/17/2015 M/C @ 7w2d, D&E 7/15/14

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: UO Thursday

• I sometimes don't have time to get on here; sorry for asking this, but what does UO mean?
  • imageFluxy3535:
    I sometimes don't have time to get on here; sorry for asking this, but what does UO mean?

Unpopular opinion.

I use Earth's Best. There's a store here where they are actually really cheap. I don't stress about not making them. You can't be supermom.

• Loading the player...
  • imageamberhoon:
    Anyone have one? Mine is I've finally accepted and am perfectly ok with the fact that most of DS's purees are going to be gerber. I'm going to try to make some here and there, but I'm done stressing about it!

I don't get why people wouldn't make their own.  I thought for sure I would flake out and go with packaged crap but there is no way.  Making baby food could not be any easier.  It is less expensive, easy to do and I know exactly what I am putting in DD's body.  

11/2010 Diagnosed with PCOS 
    10/31/11 M/C at 9 weeks
    1/12/13 DD was born
    4/9/16 DS was born 
    9/17 CP 
    6/23/18 BFP EDD 3/4/19 

• imageAllycat11:

imageamberhoon:
    Anyone have one?

Mine is I've finally accepted and am perfectly ok with the fact that most of DS's purees are going to be gerber. I'm going to try to make some here and there, but I'm done stressing about it!

I don't get why people wouldn't make their own.  I thought for sure I would flake out and go with packaged crap but there is no way.  Making baby food could not be any easier.  It is less expensive, easy to do and I know exactly what I am putting in DD's body.  

because not all of it is crap. It is easier to buy it. I don't have to stock up on 50 meals worth of carrots and try to freezeand store them. There are a lot of reasons.
  • imageMinipenguin:
    imageAllycat11:

imageamberhoon:
    Anyone have one?

because not all of it is crap. It is easier to buy it. I don't have to stock up on 50 meals worth of carrots and try to freezeand store them. There are a lot of reasons.

This. And I work a ton of hours, so by the time I'm done with everything else I'm usually pretty burnt out. I would rather spend my extra time playing with my little guy for now. We plan to start giving him some steamed blw foods after his 6month appt, so I guess that will give me less mama guilt.

BFP #1: 05/2012 DS born 12/30/12

BFP #2: 02/2014 Natural M/C 03/2014 @ 7 weeks

BFP #3: 06/2014 EDD: 02/17/2015 M/C @ 7w2d, D&E 7/15/14

• I think BLW is a little crazy and it scares me.

I am an ICU nurse and am comfortable with CPR and I gave my DD a slice of apple to gum and suck on and she managed to get a piece of and choke in like two seconds. It was awful. realize that a baby could aspirate on a puree but at least it won't get lodged in her throat. It is all fine and good until the one time it goes wrong. Just my opinion.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • imagekittynap:
    I'm gonna leash my kid. Especially when we go to busy places like the airport or zoo. My SIL thinks its terrible, but I really don't see what the big deal is.nbsp;

Me too! Everyone thinks it's awful but it's to keep my kid safe.

• image82Sonia:
    imagekittynap:
    I'm gonna leash my kid. Especially when we go to busy places like the airport or zoo. My SIL thinks its terrible, but I really don't see what the big deal is.nbsp;

IMO...you have a kid not a dog.  If you think your child is going to run away use a stroller or don't go.  Sorry, I just don't get it, but hey do what you gotta do. 

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Kids do run all the time. My brother was notorious for bolting and hiding. It was his favorite game. Strollers are great but not if the child is screaming to get out. I don't think they're for everyone but I've got no problem with them.

• image82Sonia:
    imagekittynap:

I don't see what the big deal is on those either, i'll probably do it if we were to go to a place like you mentioned

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • ta78ta78 member
    imageOhBaby+2013:

image82Sonia:
    imagekittynap:

IMO...you have a kid not a dog.  If you think your child is going to run away use a stroller or don't go.  Sorry, I just don't get it, but hey do what you gotta do. 

Wait until you have a toddler running around.  

Q :  06.25.10
    W : 01.11.13

#3 : due 11.02.15

• imageamberhoon:
    imageMinipenguin:
    imageAllycat11:

imageamberhoon:
    Anyone have one? Mine is I've finally accepted and am perfectly ok with the fact that most of DS's purees are going to be gerber. I'm going to try to make some here and there, but I'm done stressing about it!

This. And I work a ton of hours, so by the time I'm done with everything else I'm usually pretty burnt out. I would rather spend my extra time playing with my little guy for now. We plan to start giving him some steamed blw foods after his 6month appt, so I guess that will give me less mama guilt.

Yeah, agree. I'll make food when I have time and if I can, but I'm not going to beat myself up about it and will buy packaged also. 

Image and video hosting by TinyPic 

Pregnancy Ticker
  • imageAllison546:
    imageamberhoon:
    imageMinipenguin:
    imageAllycat11:

imageamberhoon:

Yeah, agree. I'll make food when I have time and if I can, but I'm not going to beat myself up about it and will buy packaged also. 

I'm not saying people should beat themselves up, but I seriously don't get why they wouldn't do it themselves.  It is so effing easy.  

When she is on real food, I plan to feed her real food most of the time as opposed to opening a box/jar so why would purees be any different? 

11/2010 Diagnosed with PCOS 
    10/31/11 M/C at 9 weeks
    1/12/13 DD was born
    4/9/16 DS was born 
    9/17 CP 
    6/23/18 BFP EDD 3/4/19 

• imageMinipenguin:
    imageAllycat11:

imageamberhoon:

OP, do you really not know why people wouldn't make their own, or are you trying to be inflammatory? Baby food, if you buy certain kinds, isn't what it was 30 years go. Condensed organic nutrition in an easy to serve package? Why are you so down on it? 

• imageAllycat11:
    imageAllison546:
    imageamberhoon:
    imageMinipenguin:
    imageAllycat11:

imageamberhoon:

I'm not saying people should beat themselves up, but I seriously don't get why they wouldn't do it themselves.  It is so effing easy.  

When she is on real food, I plan to feed her real food most of the time as opposed to opening a box/jar so why would purees be any different? 

I just told you why. And giving your kid a bought puree is not the same as feeding them from a box all the time. The store stuff is the same as the stuff you make at home. Why are you being inflammatory? 

• imageamnat84:

imagekittynap:
    I'm gonna leash my kid. Especially when we go to busy places like the airport or zoo. My SIL thinks its terrible, but I really don't see what the big deal is. 

Bahaha.  I was totally a leashed kid and resented my mother for a long time over it.  But I'll probably do it myself.  In defense of my hypocrisy, the leash I had was a straight up leash.  Now they have those cute little monkey backpacks that make your child look less like an animal.  If my DD is anything like I was (and so far she's been spot on) she's going to need one.

I was a leashed kid too! Mine was a cute little rainbow wristband thing though. It had an old school telephone cord style leash.  I

• imageMinipenguin:
    imageAllycat11:
    imageAllison546:
    imageamberhoon:
    imageMinipenguin:
    imageAllycat11:

imageamberhoon:
    Anyone have one?

I just told you why. And giving your kid a bought puree is not the same as feeding them from a box all the time. The store stuff is the same as the stuff you make at home. Why are you being inflammatory? 

I see benefits to both approaches, however, just because you are making your own purees does not mean that is good for your child over store bought. And here is what I mean many fruits and veggies are being genetically altered im sure you all have heard of the monsanto act obama quietly signed. So if you buy carrots at the store and make your own puree, you are still feeding your child genetically altered food. We have a garden and most of our veggy seeds are non GMO, meaning they have not been genetically monitored. We have several veggies that are GMO and I would not puree them even though they are right out of my garden. Earths Best is the only food that I have found that has not been genetically altered, and this is the only store bought food my child will eat.
  • What Christee25 said is pretty smart. Summary? Easy and cheap doesn't necessarily make it better.

• A few days late, but UO is that I think debating how someone else feeds their kid is ridiculous. Why does it matter to anyone else if my kid gets food from a jar? Because you know what ... I worked overnight and came home to take care of my two babies all day on zero sleep. What's easier ... the jar of green beans or making them from scratch? Nuff said. 

My toddler ate two Oreos today (after a very healthy breakfast and lunch) ... how you like that?!?!?  

I suppose that makes me a bad mom.  

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"