February 2013 Moms

If you circumcised your son...

At baby's appointment today, pedi (a doc he hadn't seen yet) mentioned that his circumcision was not done well and that there was a lot of extra foreskin still left which partially covers the head of the penis.  I had noticed this, but thought it was maybe just a "baby thing."  She said it was purely an aesthetic issue, but if it mattered to us she would refer us to someone who would fix it.

Just looking for opinions.  On one hand I would hate for him to have any sort of procedure, on the other, I would hate for him to feel embarrassed later in life...not sure how "weird" this botched circ will look.

WWYD?

PCOS 
Off bcp March 2011 
Aug 2011-Feb 2012 tried to regulate cycles w/ Metformin -- no luck 
April 2012: Clomid (50mg) + Injects + TI = BFN
May 2012: Clomid (100mg) + Injects + TI = BFP on 6/8/12   

Lilypie - (74ba)

Re: If you circumcised your son...

• Please don't put him through that again. He's still too young for real anesthesia, his bleeding will be worse, greater risk of hemorrhage.... That skin is sensitive and the "tighter" you make a circ the less movement and sensitivity he is going to have as an adult. If he has plenty of extra skin left, it sounds like whoever did it was an awesome person. 
    image  image

image image

*Spontaneous* OHSS diagnosed 08.06.2012
    Right ovary removed 09.04.2012 via vertical laparotomy
    Essure implant placed on remaining tube 06.13.2013; successful followup scan 09.30.2013

• If I was in the situation, I would leave it be. 

DS1: Quinn - 10.22.10 and DS2: Cole - 01.18.13

• Loading the player...
  • imageericalee27:
    If I was in the situation, I would leave it be.nbsp;

Ditto
    photo 9304f105-c1e0-4769-a5f5-66ebac0208e2.jpg
  • This just happened to a friends son. He had it done again at almost 2 years old. It wasn't pleasant but he was back to normal a couple days later and not really phased by it.
  • My DS1's was that way, but at age 2, it looks normal to me.  DS2's scared me because it seemed like they took too much.  I would leave it be, I'm sure it will function fine as a penis and no need for unnecessary pain.  I kind of wish we hadn't done it in the first place though...

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickersLilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • jd614jd614 member
    This happened to my nephew . They left it alone and at 2.5 he's totally normal and fine so after seeing that I'd probably say skip it.
  • Thanks, ladies. My husband and I are also inclined to leave it....but I just wanted some other opinions.

The irony is that the circ was done by the only male in my OB practice! You'd think he'd be a little more careful! (Or maybe he just felt bad cutting too much off!) ;)
    PCOS 
    Off bcp March 2011 
    Aug 2011-Feb 2012 tried to regulate cycles w/ Metformin -- no luck 
    April 2012: Clomid (50mg) + Injects + TI = BFN
    May 2012: Clomid (100mg) + Injects + TI = BFP on 6/8/12   

Lilypie - (74ba)
  • Ebee27Ebee27 member
    This response is coming from someone who regrets circing and won't be doing it again if we have another boy, so take this with a grain of salt, but I'd definitely say leave it. Too much is far better than too little. And putting him through a procedure to fix something that isn't really a problem may just cause more problems. The numbers are always changing, but it's trending to less circumcised men in America and so either way you go, I don't think your son will be teased :) 

Archer Liam - 2/6/13
    Freya Lillian - 11/15/15
  • Wow, I think I'm experiencing this with my son. His skin sometimes covers the whole thing. I'm probably going to leave it alone too.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"