March 2013 Moms

UO Thursday

lets hear them!

mine is that even though its starting to get warmer, i DO NOT want to see every bit of your body hanging out. ESPECIALLY when you dont have the body type for skimpy clothes. as a chunky girl myself, let me just say.. GIRL! step away from the booty shorts and those weird shirts that are longer on the sides but ride up to show the bottom of your belly.

just stop.

Re: UO Thursday

• Mine us when women/girls post things on Facebook talking about tiger stripes from carrying a baby and how they're beautiful and they love them.

Then the next post they're complaining about how fat they are because of their baby weight.

Pick one!

Ironically the ones I know eat like crap.. . Do something about it....
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • imagestephrodgers07:
    Mine us when women/girls post things on Facebook talking about tiger stripes from carrying a baby and how they're beautiful and they love them.

Then the next post they're complaining about how fat they are because of their baby weight.

Pick one!

Ironically the ones I know eat like crap.. . Do something about it....

Yes!!! I don't have a lot of friends with kids so I don't get a lot of "tiger stripes" posts, however I do see a lot of Facebook posts complaining about being fat, then an Instagram picture of "look at this amazing ice cream float! So good!!" I always want to comment, "that's why you're fat!! You eat that crap and never work out! Either complain about being fat or enjoy your junk food"
  • Loading the player...
  • imageMrs.Castaldi:
    imagestephrodgers07:
    Mine us when women/girls post things on Facebook talking about tiger stripes from carrying a baby and how they're beautiful and they love them. Then the next post they're complaining about how fat they are because of their baby weight. Pick one! Ironically the ones I know eat like crap.. . Do something about it....
    Yes!!! I don't have a lot of friends with kids so I don't get a lot of "tiger stripes" posts, however I do see a lot of Facebook posts complaining about being fat, then an Instagram picture of "look at this amazing ice cream float! So good!!" I always want to comment, "that's why you're fat!! You eat that crap and never work out! Either complain about being fat or enjoy your junk food"
    This x1000. I hate that with a passion. 

My UO is that I find people who snark, or choose to say bitchy comments when it's not necessary are really pathetic.  Like they have nothing better to do with their lives to try and make fun of some people who either a)don't know any better and are genuinely looking for information or b)just have different ideas/opinions than they do.  I'm a firm believer if you don't have something supportive or constructive to say, then you don't need to say something bitchy just to make yourself feel better. 

It doesn't make you cooler, especially when it's *** on the internet.

BabyFetus Ticker Little Riley-our first little girl coming March 1st, 2013 (or sometime around there;)
  • Mine is when people post food pics on FB with captions like "I throw DOWN in the kitchen" or "Yum look at what I made!" and the food looks like doodoo. No, I don't wish I had any. And now I'm questioning your opinion skills.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • imageLucky2K13:
    Mine is when people post food pics on FB with captions like "I throw DOWN in the kitchen" or "Yum look at what I made!" and the food looks like doodoo. No, I don't wish I had any. And now I'm questioning your opinion skills.

Haha I don't understand the taking food pics In general. But I post 59547 pics ofmy baby so I guess I can't judge LOL
    BabyFetus Ticker Little Riley-our first little girl coming March 1st, 2013 (or sometime around there;)
  • Alex and Ani bangles are super corny. Lets stack a million cheap braclets on!
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • imageMrs MoJoRisin:
    Alex and Ani bangles are super corny. Lets stack a million cheap braclets on!
    So apparently they give some proceeds to charity. I kind of feel like a jerk now. Still don't think they are worth the money.
  • I  hate when people have just their kid in their FB profile pic. A picture with your kid, sure. But it's your profile so you should be in the pic somewhere.
  • I think super violent video games (Call of Duty, Halo, etc.) should be outlawed.  Not just for kids, but for anyone.  I don't see how there is entertainment value in playing "games" where you mutilate and murder people.  I think there is something seriously wrong with our society that millions of people continue to buy these games and see nothing wrong with it.  No, I don't think these games make the people who play them violent, I just find them utterly disgusting and unnecessary.  
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker
  • imageVPGIRL06:
    imageLucky2K13:
    Mine is when people post food pics on FB with captions like "I throw DOWN in the kitchen" or "Yum look at what I made!" and the food looks like doodoo. No, I don't wish I had any. And now I'm questioning your opinion skills.

Haha I don't understand the taking food pics In general. But I post 59547 pics ofmy baby so I guess I can't judge LOL

Me too. On both of these!

Mine is I don't know what UO stands for. I've wracked my brain and still can't figure it out.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • imagejennylyna:
    imageVPGIRL06:
    imageLucky2K13:
    Me too. On both of these!Mine is I don't know what UO stands for. I've wracked my brain and still can't figure it out.

Unpopular Opinion:) 

• LOL! It means Unpopular Opinion :). Just something so people can express their thoughts on things that might not be the opinion of the norm
  • imageMrsWindyCity:
    I  hate when people have just their kid in their FB profile pic. A picture with your kid, sure. But it's your profile so you should be in the pic somewhere.

Totally agree with this!

(and your DS is so, so adorable!!! what a great picture!) 

• imageiumegan716:

imageMrsWindyCity:
    I  hate when people have just their kid in their FB profile pic. A picture with your kid, sure. But it's your profile so you should be in the pic somewhere.

Totally agree with this!

(and your DS is so, so adorable!!! what a great picture!) 

thank you! :) 

• imagePippaLee33:
    I think super violent video games (Call of Duty, Halo, etc.) should be outlawed.  Not just for kids, but for anyone.  I don't see how there is entertainment value in playing "games" where you mutilate and murder people.  I think there is something seriously wrong with our society that millions of people continue to buy these games and see nothing wrong with it.  No, I don't think these games make the people who play them violent, I just find them utterly disgusting and unnecessary.  

I never really thought of out-lawing these types of games, but along the same lines, I'm always curious about the people who write horror movies and books.  For example, what is wrong with the person who writes the "SAW" films, and why are they allowed to live with the general public? Anyone who enjoys thinking of sick, demented things like that MUST have something wrong with them!

• I don't believe in 'discrete' breastfeeding while in public. When my baby cries I feed her, period. If that happens to be while waiting on line at the supermarket and I don't have a blanket to cover up with, so be it. 

The whole "I don't want to see someone else's boobs" or even better "I don't want my husband seeing someone's boobs" opinion makes me laugh/cringe. Come on people, we are mammals, that is why we have these body parts- so babies can eat food. Get over it. 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • imageMamaAloha:

I don't believe in 'discrete' breastfeeding while in public. When my baby cries I feed her, period. If that happens to be while waiting on line at the supermarket and I don't have a blanket to cover up with, so be it. 

The whole "I don't want to see someone else's boobs" or even better "I don't want my husband seeing someone's boobs" opinion makes me laugh/cringe. Come on people, we are mammals, that is why we have these body parts- so babies can eat food. Get over it. 

I agree.  i've gotten plenty of dirty looks.  I'm like, "no one makes you put a blanket over your head when you eat, so why should my baby have to."

Pregnancy Ticker
  • imagejennylyna:
    imageMamaAloha:

I don't believe in 'discrete' breastfeeding while in public. When my baby cries I feed her, period. If that happens to be while waiting on line at the supermarket and I don't have a blanket to cover up with, so be it. 

I agree.  i've gotten plenty of dirty looks.  I'm like, "no one makes you put a blanket over your head when you eat, so why should my baby have to."

I agree!! And, it makes me so mad that I can't help but feel awkward while nursing in public. Its such a natural thing and I have no shame doing it, but a part of me still feels awkward in the moment. Damn you, society!
  • imagejennylyna:
    imageMamaAloha:

Though I have seen some adults that you wish would put a blanket over their head while they eat.

YBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

I'm a fan of The Cloth Diaper Tech Support group on Facebook
  • Ok I also don't dig when people say "God don't like ugly." Ummm I'm pretty sure God don't like judgy mcjudgies, and who are you to say what is ugly anyhow...
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • imageMamaAloha:

I will probably get lit up, but I hate when women BF in public. I really don't even like it if there is a blanket. I wish I knew why so I could get over it, but I can't. I remember being in Venice on the boardwalk and this lady had her complete boob hanging out....even when the baby was done. Everyone that walked by could see and it made me lose my appetite. I could never do it in public or around anyone but DH. I do have friends that would BF on their couch if company was over (with a blanket).  

• imagetilsonc:
    imageMamaAloha:

I will probably get lit up, but I hate when women BF in public. I really don't even like it if there is a blanket. I wish I knew why so I could get over it, but I can't. I remember being in Venice on the boardwalk and this lady had her complete boob hanging out....even when the baby was done. Everyone that walked by could see and it made me lose my appetite. I could never do it in public or around anyone but DH. I do have friends that would BF on their couch if company was over (with a blanket).  

I know there are a lot of people that feel this way and it really fires me up. I'm not going to make this a EBF vs. FF debate, but the fact that women are made to feel embarrassed or ashamed to feed their baby in public the most natural way possible is a tragedy.  

• imagePippaLee33:
    imagetilsonc:
    imageMamaAloha:

I know there are a lot of people that feel this way and it really fires me up. I'm not going to make this a EBF vs. FF debate, but the fact that women are made to feel embarrassed or ashamed to feed their baby in public the most natural way possible is a tragedy.  

Thats because breasts have been glorified as sex objects, which is why it would probably make other women uncomfortable.
  • imagePipSqueak0313:
    imagejennylyna:
    imageMamaAloha:

Though I have seen some adults that you wish would put a blanket over their head while they eat.

I love all of this!!!! I am slowly getting the courage to do it in public. You ladies rock!!!!
    Jenny DiLo
  • Luckily for me, after BFing 2 babies, there is nothing "sexy" about my bewbs anymore! :) 
  • imagePippaLee33:
    Luckily for me, after BFing 2 babies, there is nothing "sexy" about my bewbs anymore! :) 

Sorry, meant to quote Mrs. Mojo's comment!  

• imageMrs MoJoRisin:
    imageMrs MoJoRisin:
    Alex and Ani bangles are super corny. Lets stack a million cheap braclets on!
    So apparently they give some proceeds to charity. I kind of feel like a jerk now. Still don't think they are worth the money.

Is it sad that I have no idea what those are? Better get googling.

BabyFetus Ticker
  • imagePippaLee33:
    Luckily for me, after BFing 2 babies, there is nothing "sexy" about my bewbs anymore! :) 

LOL! I'm going on 5 years 8 months total nursing time with 3 kids. My breasts have seen better days. 

I wish more women would nurse in public without a big tent like cover so that eventually bfing would be seen as something normal.  

Annalise Marie 05.29.06
    Charlotte Ella 07.16.10
    Emmeline Grace 03.27.13
  • imageMamaAloha:

My UO is that I think the argument about an adult not eating with a cover over their head is ridiculous.  A baby really does not care, they just want to eat.  The fact is, it makes other people uncomfortable.  Why would I want to make others uncomfortable?  Is it to prove a point?  Try to change an opinion?  Change society?  If that is the case, just own it and move on.  It is ludicrous to suggest it is for the baby's benefit. 

FWIW, I BF in public, I just discreetly cover up.  I couldn't care less if someone sees my boob, I just don't want others to feel squeamish. 

EDIT: I meant to quote the pp who said something about a baby eating with a cover over its head. 

• imageMrsWindyCity:
    I nbsp;hate when people have just their kid in their FB profile pic. A picture with your kid, sure. But it's your profile so you should be in the pic somewhere.

This!
  • britt1430 "I just wanted to say that I think you are a bad ! I always feel so embarassed nursing in public because of the looks from other people. I love that you just whip it out and forget about it!!! The bump made "a" disappear from my comment, as in bad a"

Ha! Thanks, that's nice to hear! I think it's not a big deal for me because my LO has an easy time latching-on so it doesn't take much maneuvering to get her in place, and once there she doesn't unlatch until she's done.

I can see how it might be uncomfortable though if there were a lot of topless juggling involved with trying to get LO to latch and stay in place. If that were the case I might be reaching for the nursing cover too!

• imagespring_time:

My UO is that I think the argument about an adult not eating with a cover over their head is ridiculous.  A baby really does not care, they just want to eat.  The fact is, it makes other people uncomfortable.  Why would I want to make others uncomfortable?  Is it to prove a point?  Try to change an opinion?  Change society?  If that is the case, just own it and move on.  It is ludicrous to suggest it is for the baby's benefit. 

FWIW, I BF in public, I just discreetly cover up.  I couldn't care less if someone sees my boob, I just don't want others to feel squeamish. 

EDIT: I meant to quote the pp who said something about a baby eating with a cover over its head. 

first off, please let me correct my spelling error- discreet, not discrete. 

I agree about the blanket over the head part. My LO would be happy to eat under just about any conditions, no blanket is going to slow her down!

Something that interests me though is that there is this general feeling about people being squeamish over breastfeeding. I wonder if in the next few years or decades this will subside a bit? Perhaps it will be similar to the way pregnant women used to wear those giant tent dresses to cover up the shape of their bellies, and now we all wear form fitting clothes during pregnancy without giving it a thought. 

IMO- seeing people chewing gum makes me squeamish. I think it is revolting, but at the same time I understand that they are chomping on that wad of gum because it serves some purpose for them. We all do things that may make someone else feel awkward or uncomfortable. When my baby is hungry my only concern is with seeing that she is fed immediately. If anything I think other people might be made more, not less, comfortable by the fact that she stopped crying! 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"