Babies: 6 - 9 Months

is LO's wake time/nap routine normal for her age?

DD will be 9 mos next month and she sleeps from 10pm to 10am. sometimes she'll wake up in the middle of the night maybe one or twice, but most nights she doesn't wake up at all. after she wakes up for the day, she'll take a nap usually every 1.5 to 2 hours, sometimes she'll stay awake for a stretch of 3-4 hours if she's having fun. is it normal she's only awake for that amount of time? i feel like at her age she should be awake longer?
Daisypath Anniversary tickers Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image

Re: is LO's wake time/nap routine normal for her age?

• DD is just about the same age, and she sleeps from 7:30 to about 7, and then takes a nap at 10, and then another one at 2.  She'll sleep for anywhere from 1-3 hours, depending on how tired she is. Usually we get one great nap, and one shorter nap.

I've been told that at 9 or so months, they should be getting about 15 hours of sleep total.  If your LO is getting that much more sleep, it might be worth talking to your doctor.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • LimaDLimaD member
    It probably depends on how she's acting.  Getting a lot of sleep isn't the same as being lethargic, which would be worrisome.  If she's a happy girl who just gets a lot of sleep I'd say don't worry about it.  Of course you can always check with your pedi just in case
  • Loading the player...
  • the longest she naps for would be about 1 to 1.5 hours, shortest would be 20-30 mins. i don't think she is lethargic... when she is awake, she's happy and playful. idk maybe she's like her mom and just loves sleep? lol
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image
  • LimaDLimaD member

imagedpraseutsinh:
    the longest she naps for would be about 1 to 1.5 hours, shortest would be 20-30 mins. i don't think she is lethargic... when she is awake, she's happy and playful. idk maybe she's like her mom and just loves sleep? lol

Sounds good/normal to me! =) 
    Consider yourself lucky, my LO fights naps like crazy!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"