Baby Names

Cashiers

Went to get fast food at lunch and the cashiers' names were Lexus and Mercedes (not related). Goodness.

Re: Cashiers

• Mercedes is a legit Spanish name, so I wouldn't side-eye that. Lexus is a whole other story
  • Ditto PP.  Also, I knew a couple who had a pair of Golden Retrievers named Lexus and Mercedes, respectively.

• Loading the player...
  • Yeah my grandmother is Mercedes and she is Hispanic so it's not out there to me. 
    utm_source=ticker&utm_medium=HTML&utm_campaign=tickers" title="Getting Pregnant">Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • imageDr.Loretta:
    Mercedes is a legit Spanish name, so I wouldn't side-eye that. Lexus is a whole other story

I'm pretty sure she wasn't a Hispanic or Spanish person. 

• Oh God...Lexus?
        DS born 8-16-2013
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • I have a soft spot for the name Mercedes, mostly because of The Count of Monte Cristo. It's a very pretty and feminine name, as well, although I'd never use it because of the car association. Lexus, on the other hand, is hideous.
  • I don't mind Mercedes. Sadly though I know a Mercedes and Bentley sibset. I also know a Lexus, definitely a silly name.
    Dx PCOS 09/12
    Married my best friend 10/12/12
    TTC 1 since 10/12
    NTNP Fall 2013 to focus on a healthier lifestyle
    Anniversary

• imageKristinBrichacek:

imageDr.Loretta:
    Mercedes is a legit Spanish name, so I wouldn't side-eye that. Lexus is a whole other story

I'm pretty sure she wasn't a Hispanic or Spanish person. 

I'm pretty sure Mercedes Benz, the actual woman after whom the car company was named (the founder was her father) was also not Spanish or Latina, so it's okay. Really. The name predates the car.  

my read shelf:
    Meredith's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
    40/112

Photobucket
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"