May 2013 Moms

Weight Watchers

Anyone else doing weight watchers?

I just signed up yesterday. I'm nursing, so I'm not planning on sticking to the points as religiously as some people might, but I've already consumed more than two thirds of my points for the day and it's not even noon yet. I know I can earn more with activity, but I'm just curious what others are doing and eating while on the plan. I plan on eating as normal for the first week to get an idea of what simple changes I can make to have an impact.

Any advice, tips or secrets are greatly appreciated!

For those on mobile, I'm 9 weeks PP.
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Weight Watchers

• I started it almost 4 weeks ago and have lost 7 pounds. I just tell it that i'm breastfeeding and it adds an addition 14 pounds to your daily total for you. Up until last week I was a little lax. Last week and this week I have really done my best to stick to the points. I also bought the active link ($35 initially) and then $5 a month and it monitors and figures in your activity points for you. I absolutly love WW, I did it after my first and lost 30 pounds. I have 13 left to get back to my pre pregnancy weight, and i'm hoping between WW and Insanity I will be down to my goal weight by the end of summer.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
  • imagedillngr9:
    I started at 6 weeks PP when I started exercising. I've lost 13 lbs so far and that's with two weeks that I failed miserably and didn't stick to my points. What's been helpful for me is being able to go to the Y every morning. Also meal planning, having lots of fruits and veggies on hand, and a fussyneedstobeheldoften baby have helped me so far. I'm back to work in just over a week so my daily workout routine is shot and I have to figure out how to still have time to go. And I work in the food and beverage industry so I'm constantly around food, so I think packing lunch and snacks will be how I survive. I love mini babybel cheeses, laughing cow spreadable cheese, egg whites, Special K or fiber one low cal bars, broccoli slaw which can be cooked to be like pasta, and banana ice cream. Also I get a ton of recipes from skinnytaste! She is really helpful. Good luck!

These are all great ideas for little ways to keep the points down!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • I did it before pregnancy and the biggest changes I made were first breads. Go to the store and find whole wheat bread with a lot of fiber, slices are fewer points. Get rid of all cheese and buy theirs but the shredded kind. It's not a lot of points and sprinkling it on a wrap or salad is nice. Drink only water or zero calorie drinks. For lunches I do lean cuisines, easy to calculate points. Activity points aren't a lot unless you do high impact. Walking for an hour will get you a few though. Also, buy their yogurts for snacks and buy all good fruit and veggies. I add fruits to my salads and lots of veggies to wraps and sandwiches. If you can find bib lettuce get it and make wraps with that! Hope that helps.
  • I lost a lot years ago on ww and plan to join again soon. The things that really stuck with me are not wasting points on beverages... drink lots of water. Don't pour dressing on a salad... dip your fork. The new program allows unlimited fruits and veggies so use these as a treat... a bowl of sliced bananas with chocolate syrup and whipped cream seems indulgent but isn't bad points wise. I also like smoothies... just load up fruit milk and ice in the blender. Personally I'm not a big fan of most "diet" foods... I think "real" food is usually worth the extra points.
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Thanks ladies! 

I didn't have my settings right, once I turned the nursing mom option on, things made more sense.  I was wondering how I was going to make it through the day on 26 points, considering yesterday I was at 44. 

• I am doing the online I have lost 6 lbs in two weeks. I lost 45 lbs. two years ago with the program. I load up on veggies, their cheese, bread and yogurt. If you like, sweets their ice cream and bars are great. I am breast feeding, but did not see an option for nursing moms, where can I access this online??
  • On the tracking screen, go up to the settings button and there's an option to add breastfeeding. Makes a big difference!
  • HZ2012HZ2012 member

The message boards on the WW website are amazing. I have learned SO much from them.

Also, the Simply Filling Technique (SFT) is like their old Core program (not sure if you're familiar) but it's basically eating "clean" and not having to count points, as long as you stop eating when you're satisfied, it's not a free pass to binge. And you can switch from points to SFT daily if you choose. I find SFT much easier when I know I'm eating out, because you don't need to measure or weigh foods, just eat from the list (all lean proteins, veggies (including potatoes and corn), fruit, non fat milks, cheeses, yogurts, etc.) Along with SFT, you still get your 49 weekly points for things that aren't on the list. 

• krwactkrwact member
    imageHZ2012:

The message boards on the WW website are amazing. I have learned SO much from them.

Also, the Simply Filling Technique (SFT) is like their old Core program (not sure if you're familiar) but it's basically eating "clean" and not having to count points, as long as you stop eating when you're satisfied, it's not a free pass to binge. And you can switch from points to SFT daily if you choose. I find SFT much easier when I know I'm eating out, because you don't need to measure or weigh foods, just eat from the list (all lean proteins, veggies (including potatoes and corn), fruit, non fat milks, cheeses, yogurts, etc.) Along with SFT, you still get your 49 weekly points for things that aren't on the list. 

As a LT member who has kept off the 60 lbs I lost 8 years ago, SFT is the way to go for me. Good clean healthy living with my allowance for wine. What could be better?

As with PP, I love the active link. I haven't worn it since LO was born but I swear it's what kept me healthy all throughout my pregnancy. 

Kim 

imageImage and video hosting by TinyPic image
    Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • I just joined online on Tuesday.

if fruits and veggies are free, does that mean I can drink unlimited wine, too? I mean, grapes, yo.
    He melts me...
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Calvin Francis
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • krwactkrwact member

imagepearlsonthebeach:
    I just joined online on Tuesday. if fruits and veggies are free, does that mean I can drink unlimited wine, too? I mean, grapes, yo.

Thumbs up! 

Kim 

imageImage and video hosting by TinyPic image
    Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • Planning to sign up once I am six weeks post partum. WW helped me lose the baby weight relatively painlessly after I had my daughter and I am hoping it will help me with the remaining 20 lbs this time too.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"