May 2013 Moms
Options

Thickening formula with rice cereal

My son is having reflux so my doctor told me to add rice cereal to the formula. The paper he gave me said add on TBS per ounce of formula. We assumed TBS to mean tablespoon and they just left off the p on the end. We just gave it to him for the first time and he seems really uncomfortable. My husband and I are nervous the maybe the page was supposed to sa TSP instead and we gave him to much. Is anyone else doing this and how much did you put in. TIA
Pregnancy Ticker BabyFruit Ticker IAmPregnant Ticker

Re: Thickening formula with rice cereal

• Options
    My doctor said to put 1 tsp per oz of formula.  I think tbs may have been a typo because that seems like a lot!

• Options
    This what I was thinking. Maybe I will just start with one teaspoon and go from there
    Pregnancy Ticker BabyFruit Ticker IAmPregnant Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    We were told to add a teaspoon, tsp, per oz of formula. He could be uncomfortable because it is knew to his digestive system. It took J almost a week to fully adjust to be putting on the rice cereal.
  • Options
    Call your pedi to clarify.
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
  • Options
    We were told the same thing and it was a teaspoon but DD had a hard time with it. It bothered her stomach so we stopped. 
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    i mix cereal in my daughter's formula but i use 1/2 tsp - 1 tsp for an entire 4 oz bottle 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"