Baby Names

What would your 14 Y O self....

Had named your LO?

And this is not to mean that all teen moms make bad name decisions, but I would have.

I LOVED-- like pink puffy heart loved-- the name Raven.  I swore up and down that was what I was going to name my first kid-- boy or girl.

BFP 1- EDD 2/09/11 Missed MC DX @11 weeks D&C- 7/25/10 BFP 2- EDD 12/22/11 Natural MC @ 5w 2d BFP 3- EDD 1/25/12 DD Josephine born 1/16/12

Lilypie - (TUWi)

Re: What would your 14 Y O self....

• ZimgerZimger member

Boy: Jacob

Girl: Alice 

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Ha!

I guess it was just me with questionable teenage tastesBig Smile

BFP 1- EDD 2/09/11 Missed MC DX @11 weeks D&C- 7/25/10 BFP 2- EDD 12/22/11 Natural MC @ 5w 2d BFP 3- EDD 1/25/12 DD Josephine born 1/16/12

Lilypie - (TUWi)

• Loading the player...
  • Malcolm 

Ross

Megan

Kimberly

i didn't use any of them........and don't really love any of them anymore. 

• Marin and Mason, I loved these when I was middle school age.
  • I didn't really have a boy name, but my girl name was Madison.  So glad my taste has evolved!
    BFP 1/8/10, MC 1/15/10 | BFP 3/20/10, MC 6/24/10 | BFP 12/13/10...EDD 8/22/11...DD born 6/7/11 @ 29 weeks 1 day Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I remember saying once when I was about 14 or 15 that if I had a son, I would name him David Michael. I still like the name but I probably wouldn't choose it now if I had a son.

My girl names at 14 would have been a disaster. Heck, even in college they probably would have still been a disaster. I was all about the cutesy names with terrible spellings. I used to LOVE Rylie (yes, that spelling) for a girl. I would never ever consider it now.

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
  • Don't feel bad Helena. Brooklyn Rebecca was my name and it's all kinds of terrible. 
    Anniversary 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • aeh72aeh72 member

For a girl, it would have been Scout (I had just read TKAM for the first time) or Emily - I was in love with that name forever.  DH and I named our dog Scout, but Emily (while a very pretty name) doesn't make the cut anymore.

For a boy, it would have been Jack - which is what we named DS!

• imageHelenahhandbasket:

I LOVED-- like pink puffy heart loved-- the name Raven.  I swore up and down that was what I was going to name my first kid-- boy or girl.

S/O Raven, my cousin had a dog named Raven then went on to name her DD Raven. It was especially weird, considering that the dog was still alive at the time.  

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
  • imageEwych82:
    imageHelenahhandbasket:

S/O Raven, my cousin had a dog named Raven then went on to name her DD Raven. It was especially weird, considering that the dog was still alive at the time.  

Noooooo!!!

Lilypie - (TUWi)

• Kayleigh and Shawn.
  • Girl: Aysis pronounced Isis

Boy: Zachary

I still love Zachary but DH vetoed it. Aysis however, is a mess.
    CafeMom TickersCafeMom Tickers CafeMom Tickers
    O14 January Signature Challenge: Snow Fails
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Katrina or Bethany

I only had girl names in mind at that age for some reason

• Girl:Joey  My grandmothers name. STILL wish I could.

Boy: Any name my future hubby wanted as bargaining grounds to use Joey as girls FN. Haha.

Welcome to the future 14 year old me. Your ploy didn't work! 

Anniversary
    Love: March 2010  Marriage: July 2013  Debt Free: October 2014  TTC: April 2015
     BFP: April 10, 2016 EDD: December 19, 2016 Team Blue!
    Oscar born November 20, 2016 at 35w6d

• I loved and wanted to named kids after my favourite cartoon characters.

girls - Georgie, Sandy, Sara

boys - Abel, Arthur, Ronni

Anniversary
  • I didn't have any boy names picked out, but I loved Cassidy for a girl, with Jenna and Nicola in second and third places.

• Marissa. I thought this was the most beautiful girl's name in existence. For a boy, Matt, just Matt not Matthew.
  • I thought the name Chad was the best name ever. I could not believe more people didn't use that name, I was sure I would have a son named Chad. The name lost its appeal to me.
  • Renae for a girl or Donovan or Timothy for a boy.  Our oldest had the middle name of Renae and my husband veto'd Timothy but Donovan is a first runner for a boy - should we ever have one.

ETA: I also loved Jordan for a girl, but my sister took that for one of her daughters so I had to take it off my list.  I still do love it, but I'm one of those ones that doesn't mind some boys names on girls.

Daughter #1 - February 12, 2010 

natural m/c March 11, 2011 at 8 1/2 weeks 

Daughter #2 - January 11, 2012 

Ectopic pregnancy discovered November 6, 2012 at 6 weeks

Daughter #3 - January 19, 2014

Started our exploration into the world of international adoption June 2012.  We have no idea what this is going to look like but we are excited to find out!

image              image

• Julia Brooke and Brendan Zachary.
    Carly
    (Former UN: iloveshanej)

Birdie born 05/01/2007
    Rainbow Surprise Baby due 05/26/2017                                          

Potato Launcher

• mmb248mmb248 member
    I'm sticking with the names I had picked out when I was 12.  Camilla for a girl (my favorite book, also my grandmother's name) and my maiden name for a boy.
    imageimage
    Me: 33     DH: 38
    TTC since August 2011
    DX:  PCOS and subseptate uterus
    August 2013:  Clomid + Trigger + IUI TI = BFN
    September 2013:  Clomid + Trigger + TI = BFN
    October 2013:  Clomid + Trigger + IUI canceled
    November 2013:  NTNP
    April 2013:  Femara + Trigger + IUI = ???
  • Peyton and Riley. For boys or girls.  Ick.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • D&HMomD&HMom member

Chloe and Crystal were my names.  I never thought about boys names!

• Boy: Elvis

Girl: Something equally as ridiculous!

TTC since 06/2009
    Diagnosed with PCOS: 12/2009 ~
    Clomid Cycle 1 = BFP! ~ Our little miracle was born 11/1/11
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic > Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • I loved the name Panda. Panda Jane and Panda Elizabeth were my first picks- both MN were my BFF's (at the time) names.

I also loved Gray for a boy name.

• Girl: Jamie

Boy: Spencer

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • krb03krb03 member

For a girl I really liked Lily.

I don't remember any boy names in particular.

imageimage
  • Boy: Michael or Andrew
    Girl: Kathryn

Three kids later, didn't use any of them.
  • bsinnobsinno member
    I adored the name Jacob, not so much now. I also was convinced that Tiger Lily would be the coolest girls name ever. glad I grew out of that one! I recently found an old journal and I had scribbled Ivy and Kalianne all over the place LOL. I still think Ivy is nice.
  • I only had a girl name: Francesca.

• I wanted twin girls named Brittney and Ashley.

At one point, I think I wanted to name sons Aodhan, Coinneach, and Killian. I don't know why I only wanted Gaelic names for boys but not for girls...

Dx: PCOS, started Metformin 7/13
  • imageStickyBaby:
    I thought the name Chad was the best name ever. I could not believe more people didn't use that name, I was sure I would have a son named Chad. The name lost its appeal to me.

For some reason, this totally made me LOL!!

Lilypie - (TUWi)

• I was all about long frilly "A" girl names- Arianna, Adrianna, Alexandria, etc.

They're not bad, but I'm over them. 

Now when I was about 8 I thought Teena was the coolest name ever. And it had to be selled with the two e's. Definitely not happening. 

image  image

• zg49zg49 member

Boy: Jersey Tyler (for the longest time...family friend ended up with a Jersey Kyler :/

Girl: Cadence Marie

In elementary school we had a day where you could change your name for the day and all us girls picked boys names and I had Seth. For awhile I said that would be my little girls name. Really?? 

• I've always wanted the name Owen for a boy (it's a family name).  If I had three girls I was convinced I was going to name them April, May and June.

imageimageimage

Trying to get knocked up since June 2012 ~ Dx: PCOS

BFP 7.24.13 ~ EDD 4.2.14 ~ m/c  9.16.13 @ 11w4d

BFP 5.4.14 ~ EDD 1.12.15 ~ stick little bean!

TTGP 2013 Best Blog ~ Fruit ~ My BFP Chart 

• I remember liking place names like India, ireland, Montana, Dakota, Indiana. Safe to say I've changed my mind a bit!
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickersLilypie Third Birthday tickers
    imageimageimage
  • I honestly don't remember, mainly b/c I never thought about kids when I was younger, but I'm sure it would be something ridiculous out of a fantasy novel.

Sioned, Feylin, Rislyn, Rohan, Chayla, Kazander, etc. 

• My fave girl names were Noelle, Adrienne, Inez, Rain, and Brianna. Noelle is DD1's mn, and would have been her fn if DH had been on board. Adrienne was on my list for all three girls, and finally DH agreed to a spin-off (Adriana) for DD3. I lost interest in the other names.

For boys, I liked Dominic, Sebastian, Reed, and Cameron. I still like all of those names, but the only one I like enough to consider now is Dominic. Unfortunately, it rhymes with our ln. 

• imagecmw&tdm:
    Marin and Mason, I loved these when I was middle school age.

My DD is Marin :)

I would have use Anne-Marie for a girl and Alexander for a boy.

• Chance Marie.... ugh
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"