Babies: 0 - 3 Months

Baby carrier help and vent!

I'm desperate to get DS in a carrier for more than a five minute walk. We initially got the britax, I find it's too large for me even on when it's been adjusted as tight as possible. I don't feel like DS is secure and the shoulder straps gap on me and can't be adjusted to be any smaller. DH has been using it and it works well for him, I just don't think it's made for a smaller women.

I ended up getting a Ktan thinking that the fabric carrier would be a better fit. Well DS will not allow me to tuck his head in, he loves to look around and moves a ton, he doesnt just sit there, today he managed to get a leg out while we walked which is not good. He is also on the tall side for 7 wks, Mommy is not doing good, we cant stay inside 24/7 and im on the 3rd floor of a walk up so dealing with the stroller is a huge pain to run a quick errand.

Im contemplating trying the Ergo, however i'm reading that some people find that too big as well. I see all these other women with their babies perfectly content tucked in their carrier and I'm so jealous.. what am i doing wrong? Anyone use the Ergo and have additional thoughts? Do i just have to wait for DS to get a little older?

nate and teddy
Me 41 DH 46  Not actively ttc, surprise BFP on 1/6/11! 4/1/11 m/c our sunshine at 16wks after complications from CVS test. TTC #2 **5th cycle 12/6/11 BFP! Missed m/c at 9 weeks 1/21/12, trisomy 14. Two Chemical PG 3/12&7/12
** BFP 8/16/12 beta #1 148! beta#2 407 beta #3 4000 u/s 9.10 1 lovely hb 126, Baby Boy is due 04/28/13!!
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Baby carrier help and vent!

• Thanks I will, do you find it offers some head support? DS flings his head back but definately doesnt want to be smoosed into my chest either.
    nate and teddy
    Me 41 DH 46  Not actively ttc, surprise BFP on 1/6/11! 4/1/11 m/c our sunshine at 16wks after complications from CVS test. TTC #2 **5th cycle 12/6/11 BFP! Missed m/c at 9 weeks 1/21/12, trisomy 14. Two Chemical PG 3/12&7/12
    ** BFP 8/16/12 beta #1 148! beta#2 407 beta #3 4000 u/s 9.10 1 lovely hb 126, Baby Boy is due 04/28/13!!

• We have a Bjorn and we really like it. DS always falls asleep when we use it. It's easy to use... Once I did it a couple of times, I could do it by myself no problem. Today I wore DS while grocery shopping for the first time and it's SO much better than lugging around that car seat.
    Amanda

Nov siggy challenge: animals eating Thanksgiving food

BabyFruit Ticker
    Rhys - born 04.17.2013
    Harry - born 04.18.2016
  • Loading the player...
  • I have the moby. Its alright. Bit of a pain to put on but she sleeps really well in it
  • We have a Bjorn which my husband uses and I use the Mei Tai. I love my Mei Tai and strap him in there during the day so I can get things done around the house. DS is only 4 weeks so I just curly him into a ball and he snoozes. When he gets a little bigger he'll do more of the sitting position. I like that eventually it can worn on the hip or on your back. We like the Bjorn because eventually he can be worn facing outward.
  • I have the ergo and I'm having a similar issue.  DD doesn't like it most of the time.  I think she would like to face out but that isn't an option plus I know that is not good for them so I'm not going to get an out facing carrier.  I just ordered a ring sling so I am hoping she likes that better.  You should check those out for the infant stage at least.  

The ergo is kinda big for an infant (I don't use an insert) and I think that she may like it more as she gets older.  I have the sport version which is a lighter material and the hood is removable so its not quite so bulky.  It is a very comfortable carrier so I am hoping she likes it eventually.  

TTC since Dec. 2010. Me: 37, DH: 38...unexplained RPL
    BFP #1 - missed m/c 4.18.11 found @8w3d, d&c @13w 
    BFP #2 blighted ovum found 8.2011 @8w, misoprostol
    BFP#3 - missed m/c 6.11.12 @ 9w3d, d&c revealed extra chromosome 15
    BFP#4 8.10.12, DD born 4/26/13
  • I have an Ergo and LOVE it!  My first son was in there all the time.  I actually got a Beco Gemini this time around because the baby can face out (at an age appropriate time) and I thought DS2 might want to see what is going on since we'll be doing various activities with DS1.  They both work in a similar fashion and are extremely comfortable.  I even used the Ergo last summer walking around London with DS when he was 3!  

If you get the Ergo, you'll need an infant insert.  The Beco Gemini doesn't require one. 

"You're gonna miss this You're gonna want this back You're gonna wish these days hadn't gone by so fast..."
  • I am new to baby wearing but I just bought a Maya ring sling.  I haven't been able to try it out yet...I am very excited to though!  I am short so I got a size small which is for 5'2 and smaller.
    BabyFetus Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • I've heard that this carrier is better for smaller frames --> https://www.pognaeusa.com/

Check out angel pack and action baby, too. I have a manduca and it fits us well but I'm 5'9" and Dh is 6'4".  

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"