August 2012 Moms

Extended bf Q

I told my pedi we plan on bfing as long as he's happy. She said as long as he's nursing at least three times a day, I don't need to introduce WCM at all. I had planned on some sort of WCM/nursing combo but now don't know. What do you plan to do with milk/breastmilk? He gets yogurt and cheese and that kind of thing so I know he can stomach it in altered forms but don't know about regular old milk. I do know I am not going to pump unless I have a clogged duct or something. If I am out, he can have regular milk. What are your plans? 
Then and now. How did my boy get so big? 

Re: Extended bf Q

• Right now C is nursing about 5 times each day. At breakfast I give him a sippy cup with wcm. He doesn't use the sippy cup very well, but I started putting wcm in it Instead of water to increase his calorie intake. I plan on trying to cut back to just nursing 2-3 times per day and offering wcm when we are out of the house and also at mealtimes. 

Eta: holy typos! 

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • I am planning to go WCM/nursing combo. Pretty much same as you. If I am home with her we will nurse and when she is at daycare or I am out it will be WCM.
  • Loading the player...
  • I'll probably give him wcm with meals and he can drink what he wants, and nurse as much as he wants.

I suspect he'll only take a few sips of wcm.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I extended BF DD1. I never really put too much emphasis on WCM. I think she always got less than the peds reccomend. I always just felt like she was a healthy weight and thriving in all ways, so I just really didn't think about it too much. That's just my opinion and parenting style. I have never really been into the food schedules. Now if my kids weren't gaining weight appropriately then I would push it a little more.
    Oh and my ped told me that yogurt counts oz. for oz. as a milk.
    victoria5month samantha5
  • I think offering it at meals sounds good to me. I don't want him to not like it because I waited too long to offer it too. It's good to know nursing will keep giving him calcium though.
    Then and now. How did my boy get so big? 

• I would love to keep pumping (we EP) for as long as I can, but I've had Mastitis every other month so far, and DH and I are tired of me being sick.

that being said i'm slowly starting to add a formula bottle a day for the next couple weeks before I start weaning myself to try and up my stash. I want her to have at least some BM a day as long as possible.

after she's a year old, I want to try goats milk first and maybe do that and formula for a while.

10/15/10 HPT+ 10/16/10 +blood test! missed m/c found at 17w, gone at aprox 14w., D&C
    4/26/11 HPT+ 4/28/11 +Blood test! HCG 67 5/24/11 Blighted Ovum.
    6/11-11/11 Non ovulatory cycles
    12/18/11 HPT+ 12/20/11 +Blood Test HCG 165 12/27/11 Beta test HCG 6411
    12/29/11 Beta 11264 1/30/11 Wiggler w/ HB 160+
    Grow Baby Grow!!!! Please be our rainbow!
    Rainbow Born 8/22, so in love with our little girl!
    Valentines
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker</a
  • imageLiliDragon:
    imageLucyD1029:
    I work fulltime, so I'm planning to nurse morning, night, and before naps on the weekends and offer WCM the rest of the time. nbsp;She'll have WCM at daycare, plus water. nbsp;
    Once again, LucyD has taken the words straight outta my mouth.

Yup, this is us as well.

Mom of 2 monkeys and 1 on the way!
           Christian12/06, Liam 08/12, Monkey #3 10/10 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"