Cloth Diapering

CD Shower Gift

A friend of mine has been gifted a year's CD service (Prefolds only) from her mother. I'd like to put together a gift basket of CD accessories as a shower gift. I've  only been CDing for a week and a half, so I'd like some more seasoned feedback on what to include. Here's what I'm thinking:

*Planetwise Wet/Dry Bag

*CJs BUTTer or Grovia Magic Stick

*Snappi or Two

*Thirsties Duo Wrap (Thus far, I prefer these covers, but I could do a different cover.)

I was also thinking about throwing a pocket in there-She was originally interested in them, until her mother offered this gift.  What do you think? Should I add, take away, or switch out something? I probably want to spend $50-$60 total. 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
My Ovulation Chart

TTC #1 Since July 2012-BFP Sept 27, EDD June 9, 2013, Arrived June 14, 2013
My blog-The Wino That I Know

Re: CD Shower Gift

• That looks great. I like Thirsties Duo Wraps, too.
  • I was always wanting more wet bags!  Variety of sizes are great, too.  Even now that DD is potty trained we still use those things for all kinds of stuff.  You can't go wrong with those.  I would probably get a few of them over a pocket if she's not sure, she'll use the wet bags for sure.  
    DD #1 Eva- April 2011
    DD #2 Violet- October 2013
    DD#3 Due New Year's Eve 2016

• Loading the player...
  • CLLDLLCLLDLL member

I agree that looks great! 

The only thing I might stay away from is the pocket, but for kind of a weird reason.  If she tries it and likes it enough to want to use it more often, she's gonna have to buy CD safe detergent and wash 1 diaper, every time she uses it.  Maybe that's not  a big deal, and maybe she'll be happy to try a pocket before her year of service is up so she can decide what to do after a year. IDK. 

image imageimageimage

• Wish82Wish82 member
    imageCLLDLL:
    I agree that looks great!nbsp; The only thing I might stay away from is the pocket, but for kind of a weird reason.nbsp; If she tries it and likes it enough to want to use it more often, she's gonna have to buy CD safe detergent and wash 1 diaper, every time she uses it.nbsp; Maybe that's notnbsp; a big deal, and maybe she'll be happy to try a pocket before her year of service is up so she can decide what to do after a year. IDK.nbsp;

That's why I was hesitant to get the pocket.

Thanks for the feedback, ladies!
    My Ovulation Chart

• Sounds great! Maybe add in a pair of baby legs. 
    Ivy: July 2010  |  Stella: Dec 2012  |  BFP#3: MMC at 11Wk's, July 2017 | Wyatt: April 2019 | BFP#5: Twin Girls due Sept 2020

• ObLaDiObLaDi member
    I agree about the BabyLegs! Love those things.

If you have time for shipping, Alva wet bags are a great bargain.
  • imageObLaDi:
    I agree about the BabyLegs! Love those things.

If you have time for shipping, Alva wet bags are a great bargain.

You could grab a couple alva wet bags from superstash...that's what I did and filled it with the other goodies as a gift!

BabyFruit Ticker

• Wish82Wish82 member
    I know I want to get a wet/dry bag for her diaper bag mainly because I wish I had one. Maybe I'll get another cheaper wet bag as well.

And I know this is an unpopular opinion, but I hate baby legs! But, I might get her a cute changing pad and think of it as a "stock the diaper bag" gift. Her shower isn't till August, but I was going to order a few things for myself, so I thought I might get a head start on her gift, too.
    My Ovulation Chart

• I like our Thirsties covers, but lately I find myself reaching for our one sad, lonely Econobum cover for over prefolds. It seems to be cut a bit wider, so I don't have to do as much adjusting and tucking once it's on. FWIW....
    Brenda IAmPregnant Ticker BabyFruit Ticker Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
  • Sounds great! Wish I got CD related gifts at my baby shower. 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"