Dads & Dads-to-be
Options

5 Thing Thursday

Since next Thursday is the 4th of July, we may just wind up skipping that one.

1) Any plans for the 4th?  Cookout?  Fireworks?

2) If they made a movie about you, who would you WANT playing you?  Which actor would likely be the best fit?

3-5 are you.

Re: 5 Thing Thursday

• Options

1) Any plans for the 4th?  Cookout?  Fireworks?

I'm actually taking the 4th off, so we are going to have a family day.  There is a strong likelihood that we will have a pair of family cookouts to go to, but my in laws typically wait until the last possible minute to invite us.  My family is definitely having one for dinner time though.  Very outside shot we may venture downtown for the big firework show.

2) If they made a movie about you, who would you WANT playing you?  Which actor would likely be the best fit?

Actor I would WANT playing me... perhaps Ryan Reynolds, or Nathon Fillion... actors who have a sense of humor.  Who would be the best fit in terms of appearance... if he lost a bit of weight, as I am not as big as he is, probably Kevin Smith.

3) My youngest just had his 4 month checkup.  He's 25 1/2 inches long and 14 3/4 lbs.  Everything seems to be doing well, so no complaints there.

4) The house seems to be recovering well collectively from the round of illness that ran through last week.

5) The Cubs still suck, but at least they dumped Carlos Marmol.  As I said on Facebook to a friend, I hope the door hits him on the way out, it is about the only thing in the league that hasn't hit him hard.

• Options
    imageColtsdad:

5) The Cubs still suck, but at least they dumped Carlos Marmol.  As I said on Facebook to a friend, I hope the door hits him on the way out, it is about the only thing in the league that hasn't hit him hard.

Do you think the Cubs will ever win a championship while they remain at Wrigley?  I read a news report about how there are talks of a new stadium and I was just wondering if there are Cubs fans that believe a change of venue might help the team. 

• Loading the player...
  • Options

I don't think Wrigley is the problem.  The problem that exists is that prior to the Ricketts family buying the Cubs, they were a corporate owned property... I don't think the Tribune Company really wanted to win, they just wanted to turn a profit.

The talks of a new stadium are a negotiating ploy with the Wrigleyville neighborhood (namely the rooftop owners) and the city of Chicago to allow renovations and relax the landmark status it has to allow for some of the changes.

• Options

1.  DW and I are going to Chicago to visit my parents.  We plan on spending a couple days there and then going to Michigan City on Saturday.  Lots of BBQ will be consumed along with plenty of booze.

2.  Because my life is really not that interesting I would want them to cast someone completely out of place like Steven Segal.  Lots of dramatic close ups and one-liners.  Unnecessary karate kicks and broken necks.  Slow motion running away from explosions.  Make my life into an 80's action movie=I can die happy.

3.  We had our CPR class last weekend and we were the only couple out of 12 that showed up.  You have to pre-register for these things with a deposit.  Lots of forlorn CPR dummies on desks with no one to save them.

4.  Yesterday I started the second month of Insanity and it was the hardest workout I've ever done.  A full hour of really intense circuit training and cardio and I had to do it in a house that was 85 degrees since we don't have A/C.  

5.  Where the hell did June go?  I understand that time seems to fly by in Summer but seriously, I can't believe it's almost July.   

• Options
    imageColtsdad:

The talks of a new stadium are a negotiating ploy with the Wrigleyville neighborhood (namely the rooftop owners) and the city of Chicago to allow renovations and relax the landmark status it has to allow for some of the changes.

Was this something about putting signage or additional seats in the outfield that would potentially block the rooftop viewing of the games? 

• Options
    imagefutant462:
    imageColtsdad:

Was this something about putting signage or additional seats in the outfield that would potentially block the rooftop viewing of the games? 

The Cubs want to add another few rows of seats at the back end of the bleachers, and then add a large video board in left field that would obstruct several rooftops.  The issue there is the Cubs a few years back signed a 20 year agreement with the rooftop owners (I believe under previous management) that gives the Cubs a 17% cut of the rooftop revenues with the understanding that the Cubs would not obstruct any views of the field (at one point they put screens up along the fence at the back of the bleachers to attempt to obstruct rooftop views before the agreement was reached.  The Cubs say that the video board and the advertisements it would show and have permanently on it would generate upwards of 50 million a year.

• Options
    imagefutant462:

5.  Where the hell did June go?  I understand that time seems to fly by in Summer but seriously, I can't believe it's almost July.   

I know the feeling.  My wife's birthday is early June and it flew past and now I'm worrying about the 4th of July ads for work.

• Options
    imageColtsdad:
    imagefutant462:

I know the feeling.  My wife's birthday is early June and it flew past and now I'm worrying about the 4th of July ads for work.

I feel like June just started but now it's almost July and everything about this pregnancy is going into overdrive.  The shower's coming up, our hypnobirthing classes are starting, she's going to 2 week checkups...it's getting crazy.  I can't believe we're only 2 1/2 months away now.

• Options
    1. My wife and I might to my aunt and uncles for a bbq but will probably leave before they do fireworks.
    2. Adam Sandler would be the best actor to play me even though he is older than me. A few people have told me that I look like him.
    3. My wife and I are at the doctor's office and this is our 3rd trip in the 2 weeks that he has been home.
    4. My son spent 3 weeks in the NICU because he was born 5 weeks early and he could not breathe properly on his own and maintain his own body temperature. Now he can do both. Right now we are at the doctors for him vomitting and having diarrhea.
    5. I am happy with how my Atlanta Braves have been playing and I wish that my LSU Tigers would of won the CWS.
  • Options

1. I will be working all day so no plans at home. The guys at work are talking up having a cookout so at least there's burgers and dogs to look forward to. My wife works too so I doubt we'd have big plans even if I were off.

2. The best casting I can come up with would be Jason Segel. We've got similar goofy humor and I think overall he'd be the best fit. I'm not terribly vain so I don't care that they wouldn't cast Ryan Gosling. Besides, I think a lot of women find Jason Segel sexy so it's all good.

3. Anatomy scan was yesterday. It's a girl! We're experiencing some mixed emotions as a fallout. I know my wife really thought it would be a boy and we're not the "daddy's little princess pink ribbons and bows" type so we're both at a bit of a loss for how to handle the dilemma that everything for girls is bright pink and purple. We'll push for more neutral stuff on the registry methinks. I'm excited either way. I'm still going to teach her how to throw a punch and change a tire.

4.  A friend of mine just snagged a job in our field close to where we're from. With the baby on the way, I've been struggling with feelings that we're probably going to have to make efforts to move back home. On the one hand, I love the weather and atmosphere the south has. On the other, the schools in the area are abysmal and we have absolutely no support network here. We have friends but not many close ones and many of those are only here temporarily, until their contract is up (those that work in my wife's field) or until they can find a position where they're originally from. My wife's contract lasts another four years. We'll have to decide if we want to make efforts to move in another two years so I can start searching (it takes a long time to snag a job in my field).

5. Is it time for Game of Thrones season 4 yet? Or better yet, can GRRM release the sixth book? 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"