February 2013 Moms
Options

Also, DH Vent, FWP, NBR

DH and I each have a beer pretty much every night with dinner. My reason is two fold, I really like dark beer and it genuinely seems to increase my milk supply. Anyway, if I look away for 2 freaking seconds DH chugs like half of my beer! The first couple times he did it I thought it was kind of cute/funny but now it's seriously pissing me off! All I want is 1 freaking beer to myself and he basically drank more then half of it. I know I could go get another bottle but I wanted 1 beer not a beer and a half dammi*!

I know this sounds so stupid but it's just soooo irritating and he keeps doing it. Please tell me that you would be pissed too. 

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Our Sweet Boy "LJ"

Re: Also, DH Vent, FWP, NBR

• Options
    that's annoying. Tell him you are worried you might be getting sick. Like sore throat when you woke up, maybe he'll stay away for a day or so.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    Yeah, I'd be pissed, too. In fact, I think I'd react exactly how you did - kind of cute and funny the first time, then increasingly obnoxious thereafter. Why does he keep doing it? Why doesn't *he* go get another bottle? That is so bizarre. 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    imageRunaway22:
    Yeah, I'd be pissed, too. In fact, I think I'd react exactly how you did kind of cute and funny the first time, then increasingly obnoxious thereafter. Why does he keep doing it? Why doesn't he go get another bottle? That is so bizarre.nbsp;

Cause he's abd idiot.
    Our Sweet Boy "LJ"
  • Options
    imageTeacher Clark:
    I think when we are moms with babies we feel like we are constantly having to share ourselves, especially if you BF. So, something as little as having your own dang beer can be so important.

Yes! Can't I just have my beer peace!
    Our Sweet Boy "LJ"
  • Options
    Ugh! My hubby does this too but with anything I drink. He always says mine tastes better. I always have to explain, I want a can of coke, not half and I'm not opening a second. His method of drinking is to chug it down all at once and I'm the opposite.

Usually I solve this problem by being clear upfront with "don't touch my f'ing drink". Lol
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

imageTeacher Clark:
    I think when we are moms with babies we feel like we are constantly having to share ourselves, especially if you BF. So, something as little as having your own dang beer can be so important.

This. Absolutely. I get annoyed at weird stuff sometimes, and I think this is a large part of the reason.

BFP1: DD1 born April 2011 at 34w1d via unplanned c/s due to HELLP, DVT 1 week PP
    BFP2: 3/18/12, blighted ovum, natural m/c @ 7w4d
    BFP3: DD2 born Feb 2013 at 38w4d via unplanned RCS due to uterine dehiscence

• Options

Ugh,  DH does this with my wine. He actually did it to my moms glass of wine one night and she gave him the V8 vegetable smack upside the back of the head for it. He actually quit doing it for a while after that...  

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options

My DH is a recovering alcoholic, so we never have beer in the house, but he does this same thing with ice water.  I get even by drinking his back :)  Maybe tonight you should drink his before he grabs yours? Maybe he will get the hint. 

Or he'll just laugh at you.  Good luck!

We're Going to be a Family of 5!

Lilypie - (PaHE) Lilypie - (4noI)

Lilypie - (2q9u)

• Options
    Put two beers in front of him for dinner. Then say if you are still thirsty open the second one.
    Jenny DiLo
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"