Cloth Diapering

GoGreen Diapers

Hi y'all, I'm a FTM and CD newbie. I came across this company in my research and was wondering if anyone on here had heard of/used/liked/disliked them: gogreendiapers.com. TIA for any feedback and sorry if this is addressed somewhere else. I looked and didn't find anything. 

Shoot for the moon. Even if you miss, you'll land among the stars.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: GoGreen Diapers

• They're rebranded Alvas:

https://www.alvababy.com/

The "Champ" are the color snap ones. I will give Go Green that they have some nice custom prints... but not nice enough to pay double. 

• imageChickypoo2468:
    I don't get it. Aren't there like die hard fans? Do they not know?

I wonder about that, too. If you look at a side by side they are the exact same.

My question is why doesn't Alva get some cuter prints in their color snaps? All of these rebranded alvas have such cute prints. Alva has really cute prints in their other diapers so why not the color snaps? I see this as a major money making opportunity for them. Maybe they should hire me.
    BabyFruit Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Planning to move to China, oliversmommy? Wink

I also find it really bizarre. Go Green seems to have the most developed "brand" that uses the Alva factory. And yes, I wish they'd do the colorsnap in better fabrics. 

• NukkeNukke member

I've got one of each (GoGreen Champ and Alva colour snap), so I'll show you the differences as I see them.  Whether or not  you feel these differences are worth an additional $7 or so is up to you. :D

First, as mentioned, the print is adorable on the gogreen.  I got the "hook line and stinker" pattern.

In the image above, I placed each diaper on the smallest setting, and left out the inserts.  The gogreen feels sturdier--the PUL is thicker, and the additional fabric in the leg gussets make for a bulkier diaper (it seems like it would fit a leg better).

Here's the insides (go green on the left, Alva on the right)

The tummy band is wider on the Gogreen (left)

and the most obvious difference is the deep pockets in the gussets of the gogreen.  They're barely there on the Alva.

image image

Finally, they're constructed a bit differently where the gusset meets the tummy band.  The Gogreen stitches right up to the tummy band, whereas the Alva stops short. On the Alva, the gussets just blend right into the top of the pocket, whereas the gussets on the Gogreen are a separate piece of cloth, with the pocket behind

Go green:

Alva:

I hope this helps :D

The Gogreen is a different diaper, and seems much better quality.  I'm a FTM though, and haven't yet used either on my LO.  Time will tell whether or not the extra $7 was worth it!

• imageNukke:

I've got one of each (GoGreen Champ and Alva colour snap), so I'll show you the differences as I see them.  Whether or not  you feel these differences are worth an additional $7 or so is up to you. :D

First, as mentioned, the print is adorable on the gogreen.  I got the "hook line and stinker" pattern.

In the image above, I placed each diaper on the smallest setting, and left out the inserts.  The gogreen feels sturdier--the PUL is thicker, and the additional fabric in the leg gussets make for a bulkier diaper (it seems like it would fit a leg better).

Here's the insides (go green on the left, Alva on the right)

The tummy band is wider on the Gogreen (left)

and the most obvious difference is the deep pockets in the gussets of the gogreen.  They're barely there on the Alva.

image image

Finally, they're constructed a bit differently where the gusset meets the tummy band.  The Gogreen stitches right up to the tummy band, whereas the Alva stops short. On the Alva, the gussets just blend right into the top of the pocket, whereas the gussets on the Gogreen are a separate piece of cloth, with the pocket behind

Go green:

Alva:

I hope this helps :D

The Gogreen is a different diaper, and seems much better quality.  I'm a FTM though, and haven't yet used either on my LO.  Time will tell whether or not the extra $7 was worth it!

Thanks for that comparison! That is the best Go Green and Alva comparison I have ever seen! 

I don't think I would pay an extra $7 but it's tempting for the prints. I think that Go Green gusset looks like a PITA to spray out (but this is coming from someone who actually unstitched the double gussets on my Alvas sooo....). It looks like there are some differences, though! 

BabyFruit Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Digging this up from the archives haha!

Just wanted to say thanks to @oliversmommy32912 for the compliment. Gee before DD was born I had a lot of time on my hands.

Now that ive used both dipes, I have to say I hate how bulky the gogreen is. The bamboo inserts I bought with it are so thick! I never have leaks, but DDs bum is so huge that her legs were in the air while she slept. Ridiculous.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"